• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Time to drag the Royal Mint's business model in to this century?

4 minutes ago, Gordy said:

well i can confimr it was not a VIP only offering, i have a bog standard account and i got mine because I got out of my bed early on a monday morning, made myself a cup of tea and sat at my bloody computer waiting for the site to open and i was successful so i was then offered the 2nd one as i'd bought the first one. and the lady at the RM was fantastic!! 

Bravo Gordy! 

11 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

And as I said - I am not a reporter - my one an only ever credit anywhere - I got pissed of with The European Climate Foundation and sent a load of stuff, unsolicited, it to a journalist - David Rose - Tweeted it initially..

And when the story came out-with a lot of further research by ben PIle (who is a friend of mine) David gave me the credit, I guess for the tip. As basically I dumped a good story in his lap!!

I am NOT a reporter! I am a RM customer that is amazed how the RM operate. IF i was a reporter I  would have reported it!

Instead I went to RM as a customer of a couple of weeks ago , and said I think you have some serious issue to sort out..

but believe what you like..

Even if it was, does that negate any of these issues.!!

Giving advice is fine.Potential or actual defamatory accusation I would advise steering clear of without cast iron proof and a bloodygood lawyer..

Journalists never have to pay for their  **** ups….if it sells papers/clicks and the latter outweighs the bottom line….think about the journalistic cesspit.

Edited by Oldun

13 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

This is not about me - I'm sure I will get my money back, as these particular coins, will do well - once all the froth dies down.

RM and dealers seem to operating outside of the consumer interest - and the 'market price' of these would appear to many to be manipulated - 

This is RMs problem now, it makes them look bad!

NOT ABOUT YOU? The whole thread is about you mate, one little question for you then, i'm not making this long my fingers are crying..

IF the price you paid was BELOW the RRP? Would you tell them to stop playing silly buggers and offer to pay the correct RRP? 

Ask yourself that and if you can hand on heart say you would give them the extra £££££'s back then I will knight you myself, sod HM Queen Elizabeth... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Here comes page (insert favourite number)….just let it die……or end in epic comedic effect or heroic righteousness in which we can all bathe and lord Barry as a man for all seasons :)

Edited by Oldun

11 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

100% Japanese cireworks despite the german title….Artistic Japanese genius. Lived in  Japan for a few years….back in theday, so know these florious fireworks signature,..their fireworks are very distinctive…although, after review, these fall short of Japanese excellence…..but I digress.    Next chapter it is…..

Edited by Oldun

30 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

This is not about me

I just realised why I have had Carly Simon in my head for the past two days:

You're so vain
You probably think this thread is about you...

... only in this case, you seem to think it is not about you...

and you are doing it all pro bono publico.

😎

Chards

On 08/02/2022 at 23:49, BarryWoods said:

I spoke to the to the other company that was misrepresented on Bullion House website, and asked if they could recommend a reputable place. which they did. and  had a sensible conversation about it. so offer there, thoough was tempted by a sensible price to get the Portrait! -  in conjunction with getting rid of 5 oz, so might get the pair after all!

So however much  customers do their "own research" it seems the general public cannot, find out the list RM price of these selected coins,

and have no way of telling whether these specific coins RM list prices are lower (or higher) than that on coin dealers websites like Chards, Bullion House, Britannia, etc, etc

I really find it difficult to believe that this thread is still going? Hahahahaha

And i spoke to another unnamed company and had a semsible conversation! Hahahahahahaha. Unbelievable!

Finest keyboard bull i've read in a while!

5 minutes ago, Oldun said:

100% Japanese cireworks despite the german title….Artistic Japanese genius. Lived in  Japan for a few years….back in theday, so know these florious fireworks signature,..their fireworks are very distinctive….but I digress.    Next chapter it is…..

If we don't could digress in this thread, where else?

I'm still like a kid, if i could stack fireworks at home, i would do. Unbelievable fireworks in Japan and China.

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

Page 30 already.

If this thread get any longer

Replies
Created
2 dy
Last Reply
1 min
TOP POSTERS IN THIS TOPIC
LawrenceChard

James32

Gordy

BarryWoods

TSF might have to implement a queueing system!

😎

Can't believe Barry is still ahead. But remember, he's also the king of twitter. 

5 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Page 30 already.

Replies
Created
2 dy
Last Reply
1 min
LawrenceChard

James32

Gordy

BarryWoods

😎

Time to make a TSF fantasy League ? :)

9 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Page 30 already.

Replies
Created
2 dy
Last Reply
1 min
LawrenceChard

James32

Gordy

BarryWoods

😎

Queueing system @BarryWoods won't like that and have to start a new topic

Time to drag the The Silver Forum Queueing System model in to this century?