• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Prince Charles will be the next King 🤴Camilla to be Queen Consort 👸

So it won’t be skipping direct to Prince William in seems:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10480547/Camilla-Queen-Majesty-95-uses-Platinum-Jubilee-end-years-uncertainty.html

Sorry couldn’t find the non-precious metals option in the subject start drop-down 🤷‍♂️ Feel free to move!

Comments invited. It won’t be long until “big-ears” is on the coins 🤔 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

And HM will not abdicate. Long live the Queen. 👑

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 minute ago, jultorsk said:

She’s going for the world record and trying to ensure non of her future family beat her 😂 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Just now, jultorsk said:

I agree but that does not stop her appointing Charles as Prince Regent and effectively retiring from duties. My prediction, expect an announcement at the platinum jubilee bank holiday. 

The Queen's Platinum Jubilee statement:

Tomorrow, 6th February, marks the 70th anniversary of my Accession in 1952. It is a day that, even after 70 years, I still remember as much for the death of my father, King George VI, as for the start of my reign.

As we mark this anniversary, it gives me pleasure to renew to you the pledge I gave in 1947 that my life will always be devoted to your service.

As I look ahead with a sense of hope and optimism to the year of my Platinum Jubilee, I am reminded of how much we can be thankful for. These last seven decades have seen extraordinary progress socially, technologically and culturally that have benefitted us all; and I am confident that the future will offer similar opportunities to us and especially to the younger generations in the United Kingdom and throughout the Commonwealth.

I am fortunate to have had the steadfast and loving support of my family. I was blessed that in Prince Philip I had a partner willing to carry out the role of consort and unselfishly make the sacrifices that go with it. It is a role I saw my own mother perform during my father's reign.

This anniversary also affords me a time to reflect on the goodwill shown to me by people of all nationalities, faiths and ages in this country and around the world over these years. I would like to express my thanks to you all for your support. I remain eternally grateful for, and humbled by, the loyalty and affection that you continue to give me. And when, in the fullness of time, my son Charles becomes King, I know you will give him and his wife Camilla the same support that you have given me; and it is my sincere wish that, when that time comes, Camilla will be known as Queen Consort as she continues her own loyal service.

And so as I look forward to continuing to serve you with all my heart, I hope this Jubilee will bring together families and friends, neighbours and communities - after some difficult times for so many of us - in order to enjoy the celebrations and to reflect on the positive developments in our day-to-day lives that have so happily coincided with my reign.

Your Servant

Elizabeth R.

5 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

So it won’t be skipping direct to Prince William in seems:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10480547/Camilla-Queen-Majesty-95-uses-Platinum-Jubilee-end-years-uncertainty.html

Sorry couldn’t find the non-precious metals option in the subject start drop-down 🤷‍♂️ Feel free to move!

Comments invited. It won’t be long until “big-ears” is on the coins 🤔 

I guess the 2022 Sovereign was the last sovereign with the Elizabeth II image. 2023 could be Charles for a quick year and then straight to William from 2024 forward ;).

I can see some RM 'special-triple-full-sovereigns-with-3-reigns-in-one-collectors-box-editions' in the making. #premium_is_the_real_king

Edited by Jvw

How different history might have been if Edward VIII hadn’t abdicated in 1936 and stayed on the throne. If he hadn’t had any children we might be celebrating Elizabeth’s Golden Jubilee this year and not the Platinum Jubilee as Edward VIII died in 1972.