• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Proof Jubilee 50ps opinions

19 hours ago, paulmerton said:

I got this a couple of weeks ago. Just the one coin, though. It's the only gold 50p I have and to be honest I have no idea (or interest in!) how well it will "do".

image.thumb.png.84cf4e00235edf70283b2921b19d4729.png

image.thumb.png.06887064f9ebbb27eccc5a343454d75c.png

Very nice!

Did you know there is a Piedfort version? I’ll find it.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

So found a couple of issues on close up inspection. Not really visible to the naked eye until you've spotted them under magnification, then you kind of can see it. I used a 5x mag and a 11x mag with the zoom on my phone to show you. I'm thinking of returning for replacement but as these are very low mintage do you think it's worth returning and running the risk of getting a worse one or a refund!? 

IMG20220129194537.jpg

IMG20220129194702.jpg

IMG20220129194647.jpg

IMG20220129194835.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

So found a couple of issues on close up inspection. Not really visible to the naked eye until you've spotted them under magnification, then you kind of can see it. I used a 5x mag and a 11x mag with the zoom on my phone to show you. I'm thinking of returning for replacement but as these are very low mintage do you think it's worth returning and running the risk of getting a worse one or a refund!? 

IMG20220129194537.jpg

IMG20220129194702.jpg

IMG20220129194647.jpg

IMG20220129194835.jpg

It's missing frosting and not a ding or a scratch so it's not as bad as that. 

I've just seen the *cupronickel* strike your own on the day Jubilee 50p coins are now selling for well over £100 as pre-orders on eBay! That's crazy!

e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304335875016

Makes the SOTD Sovereign look like a proper bargain, and you don't even have to make that one yourself :D 

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

I've just seen the *cupronickel* strike your own on the day Jubilee 50p coins are now selling for well over £100 as pre-orders on eBay! That's crazy!

e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304335875016

Makes the SOTD Sovereign look like a proper bargain, and you don't even have to make that one yourself :D 

Isn't the platinum jubilee cupro nickel 50 p's come out in a week..I believe 1.3 million..I wonder if they will go up in value?

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/01/2022 at 22:54, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Isn't the platinum jubilee cupro nickel 50 p's come out in a week..I believe 1.3 million..I wonder if they will go up in value?

I believe they were released into circulation two or three weeks ago- I got one in my change a week ago. 

image.jpg

21 minutes ago, SidS said:

I wonder how long it will be before I stumble upon one in circulation. Early December I found my first and only alphabet 10p to day, only took three years.

I guess I'll get one of these 2022 jubilee 50p in about 2025. 😁

To be fair, you did well getting one of those alphabet 10p’s- I’ve never seen a circulating one! 

16 minutes ago, foinikas said:

it is still available to buy at the Mint for £7 in cupro-nickel bu condition. 

It probably will be for months - there is no mintage limit on the buncs.

If packaging and timely delivery is not a concern, the koin club are selling them for £3.99 https://uk.thekoinclub.com/products/unpackaged-the-platinum-jubilee-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2022-uk-50p-brilliant-uncirculated-coin

49 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I think the obverse of these are great but the reverse... Very "meh", sooo boring.