• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is anyone heavy in on cash currently?

With the constant higher numbers of inflation and every asset from used cars to watches going up. Also, the constant talk against having cash. Is anyone on here heavy on cash in their current portfolio? 

I believe Apple and Warren Buffet are still sitting on massive cash piles. Also, Bezos and Musk selling core positions which could just be due to taxes (who knows). 

Just wanted to gauge if anyone is sitting on the side lines heavy waiting for things to change or if everyone is all in on these moon-shots in different asset classes?

or

Anyone realised big gains from their asset inflation and held these profits waiting?

Edited by FlorinCollector

@modofantasma I have done the same but just wondered in a general view if everyone thought the same that the current conditions are going to continue and every asset you buy will increase. 

Currently where I live most for sale signs on houses have sold put up within a day. 

Every new coin coming out is selling for more. 

I was just wondering if anyone is sitting piling cash just now even know it is the losing trade in the moment for what is to come? Or are we all riding it for a while longer. 

the dollar is going to be powerful for a while and getting stronger @stefffananote as it will affect gold. but to me its still a buyin opportunity. Why becuase more and more perephial countries will fail first. being cash rich isnt bad thing for now or just restack or invest.

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

@HerefordBullyun I have seen a few things in the FT and other sources that in some consumer goods in Japan have actually deflated due to no demand compared to us.

From what I see Japan is a way of looking into the future. Who knows when but eventually people are not going to pay these prices I feel. 

I think gold and silver have already topped out but who knows and its all part of the game :) 

11 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

the dollar is going to be powerful for a while and getting stronger @stefffananote as it will affect gold. but to me its still a buyin opportunity. Why becuase more and more perephial countries will fail first. being cash rich isnt bad thing for now or just restack or invest.

I think strengthening the dollar is just ephemeral. The U.S. is in big financial trouble, now it's just a brief period when its main competitor, China, is facing a crisis of real estate, insurance, exports, energy and covid at the same time.

@stefffana Was watching an interesting video tonight. During the last recession 08. China instead of offering stimulus to people sitting doing nothing. Decided to invest the money in paying workers to make high speed rail. 

Shows in this how it has hurt them today with a lot of ageing infrastructure that is costing them heavily. 

1 minute ago, FlorinCollector said:

@stefffana Was watching an interesting video tonight. During the last recession 08. China instead of offering stimulus to people sitting doing nothing. Decided to invest the money in paying workers to make high speed rail. 

Shows in this how it has hurt them today with a lot of ageing infrastructure that is costing them heavily. 

Yes, the same strategy as Germany in '33. Building and developing highway infrastructure. Everyone got a paid job, nor benefits.

40 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@HerefordBullyun I have seen a few things in the FT and other sources that in some consumer goods in Japan have actually deflated due to no demand compared to us.

From what I see Japan is a way of looking into the future. Who knows when but eventually people are not going to pay these prices I feel. 

I think gold and silver have already topped out but who knows and its all part of the game :) 

Given the fact we are supposed to be in a comodities bull cycle including metals it hasnt really proved to be true, given the following factors inflation is here but its been played down, by governments by actual dovishness, hawknishness by central banks in statements and changes in policies, this is all narrative not to frighten wall st which is overinflated.

Remember governments have been here before, 1980 inflation and the 2008 crash, there plenty of experieced advisers to steer the narrative to supress scaring and tell the world is fine. Look at the FX chart with the lira against the US dollar Erodogan has mad some crazy decisions and longer term its going to be worse, it has gone mental. Even though he made some policies to pull it down against the dollar.   

Everything is just speculation and sentiment in the market. The whole market is really a lie on a lot of stocks, espically Hertz (they were broke and have been rescued by a wall street name pump) including Tesla and other tech stocks. For what tesla produce in cars to compared to thier counterparts is minimal, they are reliant on conquering space and the EV market. I posted a video about how the sentiment before about speculative stocks. Im not saying short tesla but would I buy? the answer is no.

So with the dollar, this will continue for a while including more QE, there will be more scares about the economics of it, but it will be squashed by more QE. Cash will be king but dont be suprised that more high street banks close to supress this also, to stop you drawing physical cash.

CBDC's will be around soon. I know tech developers working on it already here in UK. Whitepapers are being drafted. Cash wont exist in about 20 years or so. If anyone wants to take that bet with me let me know. :)  @stefffana lol

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

@stefffana @HerefordBullyun and that is where I started this topic in your last point Bully.

cash will be king at a point but from reading during the great depression banks were only paying out 10 cents on the dollar when runs on the bank were happening. I know not all banks but many would have been different. 

I am only 25 so don’t know a lot of the history. I understand a way in phasing out cash helps have no run on the banks if there is a crisis then they can offer everyone 10% on their deposit and there is nothing you can do. 

Currently then what I was going to ask anyone with a portion of cash waiting. Is it physical cash to hold rather than sitting in a bank account?

Edited by FlorinCollector

31 minutes ago, stefffana said:

I think strengthening the dollar is just ephemeral. The U.S. is in big financial trouble, now it's just a brief period when its main competitor, China, is facing a crisis of real estate, insurance, exports, energy and covid at the same time.

Correct for both China and US its ephemeral - China is swimming in dollars it doesnt want and the US doesnt want it back becuase its produced so much of it. There been have so many cases. The euro dollar is the same, the world is awash with fiat and not just dollars.  it only ends in one thing, collapse, when - who knows? but you know something isnt right when bamks are buying homes to rent out to people, than give mortages becuase their margisn are less due to no interest hikes. If the Boe continue to hike rates to fight inflation all they are going to do is kill or collapse an over inflated property market. 

Everthing is overpriced. So given that fact, physical cash can negoiate a better price.  

6 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@stefffana @HerefordBullyun and that is where I started this topic in your last point Bully.

cash will be king at a point but from reading during the great depression banks were only paying out 10 cents on the dollar when runs on the bank were happening. I know not all banks but many would have been different. 

I am only 25 so don’t know a lot of the history. I understand a way in phasing out cash helps have no run on the banks if there is a crisis then they can offer everyone 10% on their deposit and there is nothing you can do. 

Currently then what I was going to ask anyone with a portion of cash waiting. Is it physical cash to hold rather than sitting in a bank account?

Its definately worth holding a portion of physical cash in your portfilio or with someone who you trust in your family. I would say at least 3 months worth to sustain.

@HerefordBullyun Thanks for that. I think either way this year will be interesting.

Just be a little cautious about what you read in the FT at times also. Same media owned group, not always the gospel ;) just thie gospel to according St keneysian......

In my opinion, we are not talking about the financial crisis, we are talking about a war.  WW3 has already begun from a long time, but in a much more subtle form. Borders will change, the economies of the world will be devastated, the traditional alliances will disappear, entire peoples will start in the exodus. All of this signs are already visible.

I only understood this a few years ago, but since then I've been preparing to resist. I've read a lot so far, and from history I've learned that any city/state/empire has a period of flourishing, stagnation, but invariably there is decline. Only those who had freedom of movement, migrants, nomads, with the gene of kitchen cockroach in blood survived. Adaptable, sometimes fierce, anytime able to reinvent themselves to thrive. 

The nomads did not build, they did not invest in something that could not be taken in a few moments and did not fit in the horse-drawn cart. All they had of value was made of silver and gold. Easy to move, exchange, sell and buy.

I am always ready to move. In another county or country. With my silver and gold stuffs.

About cash, yes, you should have some for emergencies. But your main assets in physical PM.

Also why I haven’t went heavy in crypto this year. Assuming the hikes are attempted I think there will be much better entry points into crypto as money will be harder to borrow for a lot of people. If they are not already tapped out.

Crypto again is speculation and sentiment, it will run for long time and has much potential, some of it will be adaptive some will fail. There will be a few winners and a lot of losers in the market. I would look at the video of significance  thread if you havent i actually started it but gives a lot of context historically. It was merged before from best finamcial documentaries

You will have excuse my typos TBI (truma brain injury and few beers)

If you want to invest in land, do it. But not in a town or in a developed area. 

Be traveller one or two summers, find a wild area in the mountains (Scotland, Alps, Carpathians, doesn't matter where) and buy a small land there. Pay attention to have a little spring on your property. Pure water will be in next future very expensive. There will be your family's refuge if things go wrong.

I know, what I'm saying seems somewhat crazy, but that's how I think.

5 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Pure water will be in next future very expensive. There will be your family's refuge if things go wrong.

I know, what I'm saying seems somewhat crazy, but that's how I think.

Hold cash for the crash....when the really big dip happens...that's when real wealth can be made.

Also watch the 1%...if they are cashing out, then it's something to pay attention to.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/01/ceos-and-insiders-sell-a-record-69-billion-of-their-stock.html

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use