• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 proof sov

Hunter87

38 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

Sounds fair and reasonable to me, unlike Chards who charged me £685 for their 2nd batch sovereigns! 

With all due respect, you had a choice whether to buy or not😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 hour ago, Britannia47 said:

Sounds fair and reasonable to me, unlike Chards who charged me £685 for their 2nd batch sovereigns! 

Like @sovereignsteve says, we all have choices to make and crosses to bear in life.

I rang the Royal Mint 10 days after the release date on Wednesday 24th November and bought a Sovereign and a Half Sovereign.   They were release price, paid over the telephone- free postage too.  That was my choice.  

Edited by richatthecroft

10 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

With all due respect, you had a choice whether to buy or not😉

As I said on another thread, I mistook the price of £685 for the original RM price of £585. In my haste to buy I simply didn't notice at the time. So yes, it was my fault. I didn't realise, naively, perhaps, that Chards were going to put up the price of their second consignment by about £120. As it happened the Sovereign was in perfect condition, and arrived the following day. I actually gave Chards a 5star review for P&P because the box had clearly been checked, and a piece of bubble wrap placed over the capsule to secure it. Loose capsules as you know have been a contentious issue. No real hard feelings though, as I now have a gold 1/4 QB 'Black Bull of Clarence' in the post from Chards!  😊 Nice to talk to you again Steve.

40 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

As I said on another thread, I mistook the price of £685 for the original RM price of £585

Didn't see this, been a bit busy the last few days.🙂

I have been on record as criticising those dealers who ramp up prices on issue or within minutes of the first signs of a successful coin. It has been a couple of weeks now since this release so I don't consider a dealer such as this increasing their prices on their second tranche as gouging. They are simply reacting to current market conditions and we don't know exactly how much they had to pay to secure these coins do we? They did sell their first allocation at less than retail after all.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon