• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Gold Britannia Bullion Version - Photos Including Latent Image Security Feature

LawrenceChard

4 hours ago, RDHC said:

Lovely indeed. Thank you. Trouble is the (relatively) high price of gold just at the moment, which I'm not sure is sustainable, so I'd prefer to hold on a purchase for the time being.

Thanks for the comment.

If I had to bet whether gold would be higher or lower, in £ or $, this time next year, I would bet on higher. 🙂

I think we can expect 5% inflation, but whether this is already factored in to gold prices, I don't know, but probably not.

Chards

20 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I think we can expect 5% inflation

No doubt.

I'm one of those fortunate few that locked in a very low mortgage rate for a good few years. Even right now it's lower than the current rate of inflation, so I have a smile on my face when I think of the bank losing money on my behalf!

26 minutes ago, slinkyjynx said:

No doubt.

I'm one of those fortunate few that locked in a very low mortgage rate for a good few years. Even right now it's lower than the current rate of inflation, so I have a smile on my face when I think of the bank losing money on my behalf!

Smart move!

The bank are probably covered by a bond or loan issue, so they are probably still on a profit.

Chards

• 4 months later...
On 08/11/2021 at 21:25, LawrenceChard said:

2022 Gold Britannia Bullion Version - Photos Including Latent Image Security Feature
Just arrived, and looking good:

We could now buy the fractional sizes direct, but the stock investment is quite high, the best part of £100,000 for tenth ounce gold Britannias.

One did come in to us recently on the secondary market, so we took its photo:

2022GoldBullionUngradedTenthOunceBritanniaElizabethIICoinSingleUnitedKingdomTheRoyalMintrevcrop.thumb.jpg.6b87c3beb01ad6004fc90140855407a9.jpg

... and the obverse:

2022GoldBullionUngradedTenthOunceBritanniaElizabethIICoinSingleUnitedKingdomTheRoyalMintobvcrop.thumb.jpg.04143129a553f811d63eabef8aebdf84.jpg

Both look good.

🙂

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

On 09/11/2021 at 07:37, RDHC said:

Posted November 9, 2021

Lovely indeed. Thank you. Trouble is the (relatively) high price of gold just at the moment, which I'm not sure is sustainable, so I'd prefer to hold on a purchase for the time being.

I just happened to see your post again today.

On that day, gold was about £1345 per ounce. According to our graph, there was a low of £1341.17 and a high of £1354.11.

Today it looks like £1483.53, and meanwhile it has been as high as £1580.

You could be right, and when we look back at a gold price of $847 in 1974, it looked crazy against the $35 it used to be for years. It took until 1999 to ease off back to a new bottom, but today's prices might look incredibly low to us all at some time in the future.

🙂

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I just happened to see your post again today.

On that day, gold was about £1345 per ounce. According to our graph, there was a low of £1341.17 and a high of £1354.11.

Today it looks like £1483.53, and meanwhile it has been as high as £1580.

You could be right, and I when we look back at a gold price of $847 in 1974, it looked crazy against the $35 it used to be for years. It took until 1999 to ease off back to a new bottom, but today's prices might look incredibly low to us all at some time in the future.

🙂

Yes, I am clearly not much use as a forecaster! I suppose that the pessimist in me now would say that the current price may owe too much to the fears engendered by Putin's murderous and deluded actions, though of course inflation is on the rise too. Actually I could only applaud a fall in the price if it were caused by the cessation of the war in Ukraine and the establishment of a lasting peace there; I don't like the thought of my gold having blood on it.