• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Seymour Panther £500 haircut ouch !!!

1 hour ago, goldhunter said:

A Seymour Panther gold proof 1oz Auction has just ended on ebay and sold for £500 less than the issue price.

Good for the buyer very bad for the seller.

Does not bode well for this new Beasts series, which already has an "after the Lord Mayors show" feel about it.

It's early days yet but I have a feeling this series is going to go the way of the Australian Lunar series 2 in the sense of 3 or 4 nice designs & the rest very mediocre which does not create desirability for collectors.

I hope I'm wrong though because I need something to collect😅.

Edited by motorbikez

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

It's not the badest thing if a series is not going to the moon right from the start. It's now on the mint to release great designs and create more interest. It's just too much coins from the RM right now, and many people are saving for the Great Engravers and the next Sovereign. After they got released there is not really something serious to collect right now. It's just the start from a 5 year series, so don't panic. 

Too early to know for sure however I didn’t expect RM to release so many different variations of the first coin release. Clearly this is the direction they will continue with for future Tudor Beasts coins. 

Scarcity is a factor of future value but currently I still feel that the QB series will hold better value in the long run. 

On 23/10/2021 at 18:45, MrStacker said:

Too early to know for sure however I didn’t expect RM to release so many different variations of the first coin release. Clearly this is the direction they will continue with for future Tudor Beasts coins. 

Scarcity is a factor of future value but currently I still feel that the QB series will hold better value in the long run. 

RM are milking every release now.

I'm not sure about this series - half of me thinks it will tank, the other half thinks it's a sleeper and will shoot up in value in 5 or 6 years.

I have not made my mind up about the Tudor beasts and am waiting for first two releases in bullion gold. If the designs are reasonable well received and the premiums below 4% I may collect these rather than stacking generic gold Britannia’s. Not collecting proofs either in gold or silver comes with added risks when it is time to sell.

Some of the queens beasts proofs are selling for around mint issue price or less especially the quarters I will buy the bullion in 1oz gold like I did with the queens beasts simply because they are a better buy than gold Britannia’s which I buy a few of every year anyway 

1 hour ago, Spanishsilver said:

Some of the queens beasts proofs are selling for around mint issue price or less especially the quarters I will buy the bullion in 1oz gold like I did with the queens beasts simply because they are a better buy than gold Britannia’s which I buy a few of every year anyway 

Not the silver 1oz proofs though pal, most of the raw versions are selling for double issue price or more & raw dragon has sold many times for triple issue price. The odd one such as White Lion & greyhound can be bought sometimes around issue price give or take a tenner.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

21 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

Not the silver 1oz proofs though pal, most of the raw versions are selling for double issue price or more & raw dragon has sold many times for triple issue price. The odd one such as White Lion & greyhound can be bought sometimes around issue price give or take a tenner.

Yeah I should have said 1oz gold proofs I don’t have much interest in silver proofs so never check the prices. 

1 hour ago, Spanishsilver said:

There’s a couple I’ve seen recently I will put up some from eBay later 

33F8C287-AA86-45D0-8C60-3F224BBCB2B2.jpeg

BFB6C222-683D-43A5-8ACB-74F4D8831105.jpeg

B1461F1B-7818-4C40-AECC-0D929E5B20EC.png

1A067CDE-0FF1-4E35-9317-11C068991755.png

5B50D30B-4219-4833-8619-87F07FF66EC7.png

Those are all above Mint issue price aren't they? I can't remember the Falcon but the others were less than £500. The Lion was £455 or £465 iirc.

Edited by kimchi

41 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Those are all above Mint issue price aren't they? I can't remember the Falcon but the others were less than £500. The Lion was £455 or £465 iirc.

Above mint issue price but not by much you have to remember that the gold price in 2016 when the first queens beasts arrived was around £500 lower per oz than today 

6FC24838-804C-4ACF-92EB-101A45F1B70E.png

42 minutes ago, Spanishsilver said:

Above mint issue price but not by much you have to remember that the gold price in 2016 when the first queens beasts arrived was around £500 lower per oz than today

True about spot price, but Mint issue price is the price the Mint issued them at. To say anything else (without explaining) is wrong and misleading.

It's important because issue price (not spot) is how a lot of people analyse the performance of these coins.