• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New to the forum

2 hours ago, Mindyspat said:

I’m interested in buying silver as an investment 

estment but after looking through the sight I’m more bamboozled that when I started.  Can any one advise on where to start ie good buys bad buys etc

Welcome to the forum! My advice is read up on as many info as possible.

My advice: Make a plan for yourself, stick to that plan and always buy what you like.

welcome aboard Mindy, google bullion sites and dealers as a start to see what is on the market and keep an eye on the price fluctuations by checking the price charts.. Bullion by Post price charts are good, you can watch the prices live or daily or weekly and so on... check out their prices which either include vat on the sale price or state it needs to be added.. once you gauge the level of spending and the type of coin or bar you are going to start with then revert back on here and keep checking the sales section as sales come up daily.

YOU NEED AT LEAST A SILVER MEMBERSHIP TO GET TO SEE THE BEST DEALS AS THEY COME ON..

The sales on here are all based on trust and you need to be prepared to give out you personal details if you are selling to complete strangers which may seem odd to you at first but there is a LOT of money changes hands on here constantly and the members build up the trust by trading and buying and selling 

There is no VAT to pay on this forum and prices are better than competitive, you just need to be patient and keep looking and as another member said, check out the sales section and see how quick certain coins go for and ones that take a while to sell then you will get a feel on how the pricing works

Silver is addictive and no doubt you will diversify like most to go for the pretty ones as well as the bullion ones but always make it your choice when buying, you will pick it up fairly quickly if you are on here often and the ride is a sweet ride and remember... wear gloves... 

Happy hunting me hearty

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

An example of a bad buy for you... a tube of 16  1/10th ounce silver brits went for £170.00 plus post today on ebay... a staggering £110.00 an ounce for a tiny bullion Brit... hope it wasnt you BTW !!! 😂

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

• 4 weeks later...

I suggest you start with coins minted by the UK Royal Mint, the collectables is where I'd start. Coins from the Royal Mint do not attract CGT which may be important if you make significant gains.

Welcome on this great forum, it will be a place were you will learn a lot more about collecting and stacking !

A good advise, don't buy to much special items in the beginning, go for the normal coins and try to buy the cheapest. I do not know the UK market but general good buys are the Krugerands, Kangaroo's, the Britt's and the Maple Leaf coins for beginning your stack.

• Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme