• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

16 minutes ago, Gordy said:

mine look fine... in my eyes through my telscope with my stuffed parrot on my shoulder!!

Tudor Lion 2 coin set 01.jpg

Tudor Lion 2 coin set 02.jpg

Tudor Lion 2 coin set 03.jpg

Tudor Lion 2 coin set 04.jpg

You might want to clean that telescope. The reverse frosted coin appears to have an issue. There is a clear mark/indentation by the backside of the lion. There are also issues with the body itself which mirror exactly what I have seen with my own set.

I received this coin set today too and have already returned it because of these issues.

14 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

You might want to clean that telescope. The reverse frosted coin appears to have an issue. There is a clear mark/indentation by the backside of the lion. There are also issues with the body itself which mirror exactly what I have seen with my own set.

I received this coin set today too and have already returned it because of these issues.

yes, a tiny mark seen in the loupe but nothing serious, some people are more pedantic when it comes to these details but i for one think they are amazing regardless and i'd no way send it back to possibly be given yours as a replacement

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

2 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Hope, they survive the next boat Trip, they looke awesome. The reverse finish looks much better, than standard proof

I got rid of my first set mate, i wish i'd kept it but hey ho, there is definitely a market for these in reverse proof

Just now, Gordy said:

yes, a tiny mark seen in the loupe but nothing serious, some people are more pedantic when it comes to these details but i for one think they are amazing regardless and i'd no way send it back to possibly be given yours as a replacement

Pedantic? I would rather this than claim they are perfect and sell them on. 

9 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

when did I ever claim they were perfect? you need to wind your neck in, those comments can have a negative effect on my listing and I'm sure that can be close to being against forum guidelines.. @ChrisSilver

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

https://www.ha.com/information/modern-coins.s?type=surl-britishmonarchs

Here is the link for the USA heritage auctions, selling their pregraded 70s

Five thousand plus dollars for a 1oz gold coin these days, think we're living in the twilight zone ! Lol 

So we're talking about £4300ish for one of theirs. How far apart is it from a RM price for one of theirs? 

23 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

They ain't guarantee perfect coins, they guarantee a 68, or better. HA, like @Paul mentioned, guarantees you a pregraded, perfect coin, for 5k for a 1 OZ of gold. Like the 3k from the mint are not carrying a allready a crazy premium

13 minutes ago, Gordy said:

when did I ever claim they were perfect? you need to wind your neck in, those comments can have a negative effect on my listing and I'm sure that can be close to being against forum guidelines.. @ChrisSilver

I’m not commenting on your listing. I wouldn’t do that as it is against forum rules.

As for the guidelines, I wrote them, so I think I appreciate what they say. Including chris in this won’t do you any favours. You just make yourself look ridiculous.

Further, don’t tell me to wind my neck in. I’m making a reasonable comment. Please calm down and stop being so rude.

37 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I’m not commenting on your listing. I wouldn’t do that as it is against forum rules.

As for the guidelines, I wrote them, so I think I appreciate what they say. Including chris in this won’t do you any favours. You just make yourself look ridiculous.

Further, don’t tell me to wind my neck in. I’m making a reasonable comment. Please calm down and stop being so rude.

you might not have commeted on my listing but you commented on here for all to see. How am i making myself look ridiculous?

Rudeness is something you begin with with nearly every comment you make, you only make negative comments on everything and like to call people out because of your self importance and higher than thou attitude with clear confirmation bias and this doesnt make you any friends, you alienate members by being self absorbing with you superior intellect ambitions... please will you go on my profile and click the 'ignore' button as we will never see eye to eye...

love and peace to all (no animals were harmed in the creation of this comment, and if delicate souls are seriously offended by this please scroll on) 

37 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

It was discussed many times, by many members, especially in the GE thread. Many members got the same answer by the mint, they ain't guarantee you an absolute perfect coin. Their standard is 68, or better. 

1 minute ago, dikefalos said:

It was discussed many times, by many members, especially in the GE thread. Many members got the same answer by the mint, they ain't guarantee you an absolute perfect coin. Their standard is 68, or better. 

The service standards are clear. I shared them earlier. If you are satisfied with spending £185 on a two coin 1oz Silver set that does not meet those standards then fine. 

11 minutes ago, Gordy said:

you might not have commeted on my listing but you commented on here for all to see. How am i making myself look ridiculous?

Rudeness is something you begin with with nearly every comment you make, you only make negative comments on everything and like to call people out because of your self importance and higher than thou attitude with clear confirmation bias and this doesnt make you any friends, you alienate members by being self absorbing with you superior intellect ambitions... please will you go on my profile and click the 'ignore' button as we will never see eye to eye...

love and peace to all (no animals were harmed in the creation of this comment, and if delicate souls are seriously offended by this please scroll on) 

Are you attacking me because I called out your homophobia? 

7 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

The service standards are clear. I shared them earlier. If you are satisfied with spending £185 on a two coin 1oz Silver set that does not meet those standards then fine. 

Unless I'm misreading the service standard literature, I'm getting a nice description of the process but not much as to the tangible/measurable levels of perfection (or not) in the finished article.

I don't have a clue as to the actual differences between a 70 and a 69....etc, therefore nothing to gauge the quality of my coins against. Are they a return or keeper (with the potential to sell?) going forward?

(Rhetorical question btw, I'm not putting it on you, just happened to choose your message re service standards!!).

As an absolute newbie re proofs, it's hard to know what to do when people are disagreeing as to the coins' acceptability levels🤷🤷.

10 minutes ago, FFposh said:

Unless I'm misreading the service standard literature, I'm getting a nice description of the process but not much as to the tangible/measurable levels of perfection (or not) in the finished article.

I don't have a clue as to the actual differences between a 70 and a 69....etc, therefore nothing to gauge the quality of my coins against. Are they a return or keeper (with the potential to sell?) going forward?

(Rhetorical question btw, I'm not putting it on you, just happened to choose your message re service standards!!).

As an absolute newbie re proofs, it's hard to know what to do when people are disagreeing as to the coins' acceptability levels🤷🤷.

The whole proof coin in my humble opinion has become warped in modern times.

In layman's terms, think of an original gothic "rusted and worn to high heavens " ( sorry toned) reaching multiple thousands due to its rarity and looks.

Unfortunately only you can make the decision on whether to return or if its acceptable, I've returned or give away at rrp 5 coins now in a short frame of time ( still debating on a gothic potrait but can't get the capsule open without sheer ignorance. 

If you have kept going back or thinking about said coin the return ( peace of mind is better than any coin) as for receiving a perfect replacement?? Possible but also unlikely. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

The whole proof coin in my humble opinion has become warped in modern times.

In layman's terms, think of an original gothic "rusted and worn to high heavens " ( sorry toned) reaching multiple thousands due to its rarity and looks.

Unfortunately only you can make the decision on whether to return or if its acceptable, I've returned or give away at rrp 5 coins now in a short frame of time ( still debating on a gothic potrait but can't get the capsule open without sheer ignorance. 

If you have kept going back or thinking about said coin the return ( peace of mind is better than any coin) as for receiving a perfect replacement?? Possible but also unlikely. 

You can't get your cap to open on your portrait...? I can't get mine to stay together 😂. Hence it's going for grading eventually when funds permit. It's a perfect coin but without the cap being a good fit I fear it'll eventually lead to the coin being dropped. 

Edited by Mtaybar

44 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

And for me this comes down to the definition of "perfect" in respect to proof coins.

It's easy to have unrealistic expectations.

As I become more experienced, I am also becoming more realistic. Some of the significant zoom pictures I have seen, are people looking for problems imo.

I get it. I just think we have to be accepting of minor issues which don't really detract from the Coin.

It's everyone's rightful opinion to what's acceptable to them. If it bugs you enough send it back.

Edited by NewCoins

3 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

You can't get your cap to open on your portrait...? I can't get mine to stay together 😂. Hence it's going for grading eventually when funds permit. It's a perfect coin but without the cap being a good fit I fear it'll eventually lead to the coin being dropped. 

I've tried everyway and without either trying to heat up capsule or literally cracking it open then it's likely a return ( 90% possible it's only a loose chard of metal/debris, but can't be certain 🤷)

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, James32 said:

I've tried everyway and without either trying to heat up capsule or literally cracking it open then it's likely a return ( 90% possible it's only a loose chard of metal/debris, but can't be certain 🤷)

I've got to the point where if I can't be completely comfortable with something I'll send it back. Better to have peace of mind rather then sit uncomfortably on something. 

53 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I didn't say, that's my personal standard. I just replied, what the mint replied to some other members. I got not a standard, which coin i would accept, and which don't, to be honest. Depends on how much i want to hold a coin. And in Germany there is not really a market for graded coins, so i don't care much, if i hold a possible 69, or 70. And the worst thing, i don't really care about selling for most of my coins. Should be my kids problem, i guess a nice problem to have. Coins, that i buy for flipp, eeh, helping other collectors, are for sure better watched for dings and dangs, but i'm usually good, if there are no major issues, well visible defects, spots, etc. for my collection. If i can see nothing obviously with my eyes, i don't much care.

33 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Did I miss some forum drama?

F..., exact my thought. Have to save reactions from now.