• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New member - Investing - Cash buying

Tedski

New to preciuos metals investing, thanks for adding me to the silver forum.  I look forward to learning more from this forum.

I am a private investor, and my interest is investment and not collecting.  Stupid question, but does anyone ever buy for cash anymore rather than electronicly or transfers? I would much rather drive a reasonable distance to collect and buy in physical fiat.  I know there are risks in this kind of dealing like everything else but I would prefer to buy and sell this way.  Thanks

• Founder & Administrator

Welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

If you are looking to buy something in particular please feel free to put up a wanted listing in the trade section. You may find a buyer willing to sell in cash, however I would presume that most sellers would not wish to do so due to additional security risks. 

Please make sure you have read the applicable Quickstart guide to trading as it contains useful and important information. 

UK QuickStart Guide
EU QuickStart Guide
USA & Canada QuickStart Guide

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I am always willing to trade in person. I work in London and am easily able to meet for coffee and to discuss things more generally. Always good to meet new people. I did a cash trade last year with a member on here (it was not thousands but hundreds) and that was easy and smooth (in part because the buyer is brilliant).

I will keep my eyes open for your wanted posts and let you know if I can help.

Welcome to the forum!

3 hours ago, Tedski said:

New to preciuos metals investing, thanks for adding me to the silver forum.  I look forward to learning more from this forum.

I am a private investor, and my interest is investment and not collecting.  Stupid question, but does anyone ever buy for cash anymore rather than electronicly or transfers? I would much rather drive a reasonable distance to collect and buy in physical fiat.  I know there are risks in this kind of dealing like everything else but I would prefer to buy and sell this way.  Thanks

Some answere here:

https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/how-can-i-pay-for-gold-and-silver-bullion/223

Cash 
You may pay by cash up to the equivalent of €10,000 over a rolling 5 year period. This includes anybody connected to you such as a friend, spouse or other relation.  

Cash can be paid at our showroom or into our bank account at any Royal Bank of Scotland or National Westminster Bank. Unfortunately, there are no discounts for cash payments.  

If paying by cash, you may be asked to supply two forms of identification; a passport and a photo driving licence OR one of these in addition to a recent utility bill with your current name and address, dated within the last three months.  

We would not recommend sending cash through the post. 

There is no charge for this payment method. 

The above needs an update, @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer, mainly in regard to cash payments exceeding €10,000 which will generally require the dealer to be registered as a High Value Dealer, and also require extra AML compliance checks from the customer, in addition to the standard ID checks. which not everybody is keen to provide. 🙂

Chards

Archived