• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coin Cabinet Auction 39

👀

A very diverse selection this time - Swiss Vrenelis, too! 

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I haven't bid on any coin cabinet auctions before.

Last time I casually looked to see what was going on and it looked like an auction was ending every minute or two all afternoon but I just looked now and it says they all end at 12pm.

Do all auctions end at the same time and then just have the results revealed one by one or am I reading it wrong?

On 19/06/2021 at 02:55, 27carrots said:

I haven't bid on any coin cabinet auctions before.

Last time I casually looked to see what was going on and it looked like an auction was ending every minute or two all afternoon but I just looked now and it says they all end at 12pm.

Do all auctions end at the same time and then just have the results revealed one by one or am I reading it wrong?

They go through each lot one by one starting at 12pm next Sunday.

I bid in the last auction and it's quite a smooth process.

Agree with what everyone else has said about the process. As long as you have a good internet connection it should be smooth. They give fair warning and so there should always be time to bid.

I have bought through Coin Cabinet auctions, consigned and sold and graded through them too. The service is exceptional and the team are professional and friendly. 

Good luck to all bidding and selling tomorrow! 

1 minute ago, AgAuEire said:

My first time bidding in an auction, should be fun.  Some love half sovereigns on my list 😀

Good luck! Just remember to not lose your head in the moment (sorry if that is patronising!). It’s happened to me for sure and once the adrenaline has stopped surging, the realisation that you have to rely on beans on toast for a few weeks can hurt.......

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Good luck! Just remember to not lose your head in the moment (sorry if that is patronising!). It’s happened to me for sure and once the adrenaline has stopped surging, the realisation that you have to rely on beans on toast for a few weeks can hurt.......

Good advice, always welcome.  I've set myself a limit for each one (I've picked 4).  If the bidding exceeds that, I'll stop...or so I'm telling myself 🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

Currently a 1989 PF70 PCGS at a bid of £1,950 in this auction :o The NGC version currently at £1,550. Too much I think?

They've creeped up a little higher every time a 70 shows up

57 minutes ago, Paul said:

tick tock tick tock - not long till kick off - anyone spoiling themselves today ??

Depends on the going price, of course! The way things have been going recently, I would expect there to be surprises and disappointments across the board!!

At the last auction the Piedfort Decimal Machin portrait went for £975. This time it is struggling below £200 and the full set that includes that coin is also struggling.......the passage of time can be a cruel mistress!!!!

Just looking through there a lot seem to be expensive. The 2017 SOTD at £1,050 currently is a decent price if it doesn't move too much. Silver 2oz three graces looking lower again. Think the 70’s might settle at £1,000 once the rest are back from NGC. 

The alderney 3 sov set has the full sov and half in there. Looks like it wont achieve much more than release price. I think ill be stung with that when mine comes back from ngc. Just need to never turn the coin over for the Queens portrait 🤣 

IMO