• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

• Founder & Administrator

Perth Mint 2oz Lunar series 2 proof set, comes with the first 8 coins that have been released so far, but space for all 12 in the box.

The 2oz' lunar II proof have a fairly low mintage, so well worth the price I paid in my opinion.

These will be my first 2oz coins (excluding the gods & goddesses) so interested to see what they will be like, diameter looks huge on them.

post-1-0-51687400-1424708534_thumb.jpg

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

The Definitive 2015 United Kingdom £2 Silver Piedfort Coin

13635_uk15d2pf_01_white.jpg

Denomination £2
Maximum Coin Mintage 1000
Alloy Inner: .925 sterling silver. Outer: .925 sterling silver plated with fine gold
Weight 24.00 g
Diameter 28.40 mm
Reverse Designer Antony Dufort
Edge Inscription QUATUOR MARIA VINDICO
Quality Proof

http://www.royalmint.com/en/shop/u/uk15d2pf?tab=detail#productdetails

post-117-0-99752400-1425076618_thumb.jpg

Just ordered 4 x piedfort Britannia £2 coins..Really going out on a limb on these..Its cleared out my PM money, But with the 1000 mintage, the Britannia interest and the first year of a new portrait I think these could do very well.

Perth lunar goat 3 coin proof set 1/2 1 2 oz getting hooked on the proofs now

This is most probably a very good purchase!

I am considering buying a single 1oz goat, collecting them going forward and backdating at a later date.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I am considering buying a single 1oz goat, collecting them going forward and backdating at a later date.

Some of the S2 1oz proofs are getting very expensive,you'd be very lucky to get a 1oz S2 tiger under £175 dragon comes in at around the £100 mark.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Some of the S2 1oz proofs are getting very expensive,you'd be very lucky to get a 1oz S2 tiger under £175 dragon comes in at around the £100 mark.

Humm, probably best to just stick with the 2oz then and forget about the 1oz (at least for now :D

The 2oz set is a very reasonable price imo. I will make an 'unboxing' vid when back in the UK hopefully.

Discounts / Offers

Perth Mint 2oz Lunar series 2 proof set, comes with the first 8 coins that have been released so far, but space for all 12 in the box.

The 2oz' lunar II proof have a fairly low mintage, so well worth the price I paid in my opinion.

These will be my first 2oz coins (excluding the gods & goddesses) so interested to see what they will be like, diameter looks huge on them.

attachicon.gif12yearset8-2.jpg

Hi Chris - Are you aware if the mintage for these is limited to 1000 pieces per each of the  12 x years, or is this 1000 sets?

in other words is there potential for more coins to be released in other set formats such as 1/2, 1oz, 2oz etc - thanks