• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens Beasts Completer 1oz gold bullion are they in stock anywhere ?

8 hours ago, DaKine said:

OK, I want an updated actual mintage of the QB bullion gold. Some earlier figures had been released but don't see anything now that the series is through.I know it has been said they might be restriking earlier coins (I doubt this) but very hare to get evidently. While anyone is at it, how about the platinum QB's - which have one more to go and even perhaps a completer for that series as well?

Royal Mint dont give out bullion mintage numbers any longer claiming commercial sensitivity.  Some early data slipped out but more recent request get blanked.  Ironically they continue to give mintage for proofs and collectables where the mintage is expected to be price sensitive.:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Really?  That’s nuts!  They could sell these 10 times over with the demand.  I’ve got 2 on order with Chards. 

It does seem a bit odd not many of the Bullion beasts are showing as available now , even the 2020 1oz White Lion Of Mortimer and the 2021 1oz Greyhound are showing as " no longer available " Maybe the White Lion will be a low mintage ?

On 28/05/2021 at 19:42, leotsend said:

Curious, can they declare a low mintage and then extend it to produce more or are you saying you don't believe mintage for this is low?

Sorry, not what I was saying, or at least meant.

I meant that resultant from the relatively small cost premium by RM when available (as bullion), when your kids/grandkids come to sell or whatever, the hype we're seeing now will be over and their value may well potentially be little different to your collection of gold Brits/similar, they're all bullion at the end of the day, I have 8 already from a mix of buys, so most dealers may just value them as bullion - rightly or wrongly - anybody's guess.

Regarding volume minted, I have no idea, but in many instances Chards show a/the minted/released number, often including bullion coins (certainly for early 2000's sovs where volumes were smallish) so they maybe able to do the same with these.

I don't know if Chards will have that ability in going forward, but they are always my first port of call, both to buy coins/bars and equally to seek info.

Edited by Coverte

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

7 minutes ago, Coverte said:

Sorry, not what I was saying, or at least meant.

I meant that resultant from the relatively small cost premium by RM when available (as bullion), when your kids/grandkids come to sell or whatever, the hype we're seeing now will be over and their value may well potentially be little different to your collection of gold Brits/similar, they're all bullion at the end of the day, I have 8 already from a mix of buys, so most dealers may just value them as bullion - rightly or wrongly - anybody's guess.

Regarding volume minted, I have no idea, but in many instances Chards show a number, often including bullion coins (certainly for early 2000's sovs where volumes were smallish) so they maybe able to do the same with these.

I don't know if Chards will have that ability in going forward, but they are my first port of call, both to buy coins/bars and also seek info.

It’s rare to get mintage figures on new bullion products unless they are a designed to be a limited run.  The sales figures for bullion are normally published a good few years later. 

12 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

It’s rare to get mintage figures on new bullion products unless they are a designed to be a limited run.  The sales figures for bullion are normally published a good few years later. 

Yes, I fully agree, the instance I quoted for early 1960's Sovs is now 60 years ago, so that's certainly an adequate time lag!!

Maybe Laurence Chard may choose to weigh in on his minted/released numbers info, either way, the current price of Beasts, particularly those in silver, is extraordinarily high on an already high premium, just my opinion.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

5 minutes ago, Coverte said:

Yes, I fully agree, the instance I quoted for early 1960's Sovs is now 60 years ago, so that's certainly an adequate time lag!!

Maybe Laurence Chard may choose to weigh in on his minted/released numbers info, either way, the current price of Beasts, particularly those in silver, is extraordinarily high on an already high premium, just my opinion.

What do you need to know? 

Atkinsons had some come in today single and in tubes they were very quickly sold though gone in minutes 🙈

£1422 each for anyone that missed out 😱

Could be a low mintage bullion coin the Royal Mint have indicated its no longer being struck . 

6 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Atkinsons had some come in today single and in tubes they were very quickly sold though gone in minutes 🙈

£1422 each for anyone that missed out 😱

Could be a low mintage bullion coin the Royal Mint have indicated its no longer being struck . 

Glad I picked up a couple in that case!

1 hour ago, MJCOIN said:

Me too. Sold out in a few hours. Should have bought more than 1 :( 

Do you guys think the ones Atkinsons had today were previous stock that they slowly released? Or do you think the Mint are slowly producing more ? 

Interested to know why you think these will fetch a premium soon!

@MJCOIN @GoldDiggerDave @Midasfrog

1 hour ago, MJCOIN said:

Can you setup reminders or stock alerts? I was checking through out today but didn't see it come into stock. :(

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

You can still pre order at Chards, ordered 2 a few weeks ago due in mid June hopefully.  

Thanks for this, I did see it was available to order but I was put off by the: This coin is bullion standard and may have some slight bag and/or production marks.

Not quite sure if that was the norm but as it will be my first gold coin wasn't sure, also Atkinsons is abit cheaper.

Do you know if you order from chard it comes with capsules?

2 minutes ago, Slam said:

Thanks for this, I did see it was available to order but I was put off by the: This coin is bullion standard and may have some slight bag and/or production marks.

Not quite sure if that was the norm but as it will be my first gold coin wasn't sure, also Atkinsons is abit cheaper.

Do you know if you order from chard it comes with capsules?

Chards are being straight up and honest with their descriptions, all bullion produced can be subject to contact marks, even the RM bullion in blister packs can have contact marks.   They don’t normally come with a capsule but their prices reflect this, you can add one to your basket. 

Ive have a few gold coins from Chards and they are spot on, last gold from them was a 5oz proof QB completer.  
had 10 1/2 bullion secondary market sovereigns and the quality is spot on I’m getting 2 of them graded! 

28 minutes ago, Slam said:

Can you setup reminders or stock alerts? I was checking through out today but didn't see it come into stock. :(

Yes if you email Atkinsons and let them know which coins your after they will add stock alerts for you 👍

56 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Chards are being straight up and honest with their descriptions, all bullion produced can be subject to contact marks, even the RM bullion in blister packs can have contact marks.   They don’t normally come with a capsule but their prices reflect this, you can add one to your basket. 

Ive have a few gold coins from Chards and they are spot on, last gold from them was a 5oz proof QB completer.  
had 10 1/2 bullion secondary market sovereigns and the quality is spot on I’m getting 2 of them graded! 

Im looking at capsules on chard as might order from there now, the diameter for this coin is 32.69mm, so was looking for a 33mm coin capsule but don't appear to be sold there and only 34mm is the closest one. Would this work or best to get a 33mm capsule? Thanks

2 hours ago, BYK said:

Me too. Sold out in a few hours. Should have bought more than 1 :( 

Do you guys think the ones Atkinsons had today were previous stock that they slowly released? Or do you think the Mint are slowly producing more ? 

Interested to know why you think these will fetch a premium soon!

@MJCOIN @GoldDiggerDave @Midasfrog

No - I collected mine in person from Atkinsons last week and they told me they had some coming in this month.

53 minutes ago, MJCOIN said:

No - I collected mine in person from Atkinsons last week and they told me they had some coming in this month.

Oh ok. Are the RM slowly starting to make more then? Or will they stop at the stated mintage levels they quoted?

Just now, BYK said:

Oh ok. Are the RM slowly starting to make more then? Or will they stop at the stated mintage levels they quoted?

Sorry, I don't know.  Have they quoted a mintage figure?  

8 hours ago, MJCOIN said:

Sorry, I don't know.  Have they quoted a mintage figure?  

Hi

I couldn't find it. But following on from your chat above, when you mentioned the premiums going up. I naturally assumed there would be, or how else would the premium rise?