• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2 oz queen's beast set

Fifer

Morning everyone I'm looking for the full set of queen's beasts 2 oz set where in your opinion is, the cheapest place to buy these just now? Had a, look on the forum and can't see any full sets for sale 

18 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

I don't think that's a wall case... It looks more like a case with the lid open and a picture taken from above. You can see the hinges

It's not for me I'm asking for a friend who's just starting out so I'll need to ask him how much he's willing to pay I'll get back to you all thanks for the replies 👌

On 03/12/2020 at 07:50, Fifer said:

Morning everyone I'm looking for the full set of queen's beasts 2 oz set where in your opinion is, the cheapest place to buy these just now? Had a, look on the forum and can't see any full sets for sale 

Put a “wanted” add on the forum with a price you are prepared to pay. You will then get feedback as to if anyone would sell theirs to you. If you don’t get any responses you know you are to low. 

There were a couple of full sets sold on the forum a couple of months ago. If you search the prices, it should give you a starting point, allowing for today's market and spot price.

I have a spare set in a case I would be willing to sell at a fair price.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Thanks, for all the comments folks I've sent my mate a message to see how much he's, willing to pay and if her wants, to go down the full set route or build it up individually. I sold him one of my QB lions for his wife he doesn't collect but think he has the bug now but underestimated slightly how expensive this "hobby" is 😂 I told him to expect to pay, between 600 to 700 is this a fair estimate? 

16 minutes ago, Fifer said:

Thanks, for all the comments folks I've sent my mate a message to see how much he's, willing to pay and if her wants, to go down the full set route or build it up individually. I sold him one of my QB lions for his wife he doesn't collect but think he has the bug now but underestimated slightly how expensive this "hobby" is 😂 I told him to expect to pay, between 600 to 700 is this a fair estimate? 

I paid £550 for a set in June I think minus the Greyhound. The problem with the QB is the lion and griffin will go up over time. 
My view was - just get it now (as I will save on premiums) and I bought 2 sets and a 10 oz set also. when prices were similar to now. 
But - people had bought in £10-14 spot territory and had had the time to get the goods. 

I can see another possible pull back but it wont last long. £25-30 silver could be inevitable by Feb as a next leg - teens silver might not be possible for some time - who knows Im no expert? might pull back even harder if the markets and economy crash. £7 silver anyone??? Lovely. 

Edited by Stacktastic

1 hour ago, Yetiwatch said:

There are two lions in the set, the more valuable being the 2016 version.

Why is this one more valuable?  New to silver stacking I just, bought them because I liked the design lol 😂 

11 hours ago, Fifer said:

Why is this one more valuable?  New to silver stacking I just, bought them because I liked the design lol 😂 

Probably about availability and maybe production numbers?

TBH i have the whole set and i don't care about value, cause they are amazing to look at 😀

10 hours ago, Silverman2U said:

The lion of England... not the White Lion... ;)

why? ... cos' its the first coin of series, oldest. 

I have 5 lions and 5 griffins now, they withhold value, they are the best ones IMO, excluding the yale. 
Shame they messed up the Lion and Griffin 10 oz's thicknesses. 

Edited by Stacktastic

Re: The Lion of England.   

I bought several tubes of this first in the series but have been disappointed in the price action of the coin.  I think they minted a large number of these coins and there seems to be plenty of supply.  The big winners in the series appear to be the Red Dragon and The Griffin.  Overall the series has been a great success with a few clunkers like Yale.  

• 1 year later...
On 03/12/2020 at 10:04, Stacktastic said:

A very late comment but I have only ever seen a ten coin case. Clearly designed and built before the completer came along. Has anyone seen an eleven coin case?