• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Get Woke Go Broke 50p Royal Mint receives major backlash.

silverdocket

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/10/2020 at 06:09, Simmoleon said:

From that definition, I’m not sure what people are disliking about this message?

What I dislike about this message is the feel-good "you have to love everybody no matter what". 

Bleh. Gag me. Sick of it.

3 minutes ago, FuntasticFlavor said:

Poor girl sounds scared that the "settlers" are claiming a piece of this land 

A land built on looting other richer foreign  lands 

Most likely fear of the youtube gestapo ban hammer. Her channel is about as far right as it gets, any further and the channel will do a disappearing act and reappear on bitchute. 

Oh yes sure England is a land built on the backs of slaves and looted wealth, we have never produced or invented anything and did nothing to end slavery. A view nearly as nonsensical as on the coin. Do you have any more brainwashed takes?

5 minutes ago, KDave said:

Oh yes sure England is a land built on the backs of slaves and looted wealth, we have never produced or invented anything and did nothing to end slavery. 

Well cricket was invented in England. And eventually when England won the cricket world cup they needed an Irish born captain, a new Zealand born player, Barbados born player, couple African born players too and Pakistani lads. 

30 minutes ago, FuntasticFlavor said:

Well cricket was invented in England. And eventually when England won the cricket world cup they needed an Irish born captain, a new Zealand born player, Barbados born player, couple African born players too and Pakistani lads. 

A team made up of foreigners won the world cup? I agree then that cricket is a terrible sport.

5 hours ago, FuntasticFlavor said:

To be fair I haven't seen a single race team in a long time in any professional sport.

10 hours ago, silverdocket said:

To be fair I haven't seen a single race team in a long time in any professional sport.

Obviously haven't seen the international football teams from Russia, China, Japan, South Korea, Ivory Coast, etc I could go on and on. In fact around the world, there are probably more single race teams than mixed teams.

But that doesn't fit into the current PC BS that is being obsessed about in the west. The west IS the most diverse place in the world. and that's still not good enough for some.

The west didn't invent slavery, Slaves were sold to white people in west africa by already centuries old established african slave traders. 

The white man is is described as the worst at looting and pillaging around the world, But Genghis Khan killed 40 million people, or put another way 12% of the worlds population at the time, and he gets a 40m tall statue. I'd love to see some of these idiotic protestors try to pull that one down and chuck it into the Tuul River. They wouldn't get 2 yards before a local copper shot them. Some people embrace their history, both the good and bad, others want to emphasise only the bad, and make people feel guilty for something they never did. Yeah well, they can shove their PC nonsense up the same place that gold smuggler used.  

What I don't get is the incredible optimism of giving this silver proof a mintage of 25,000. This type of theme will never sell that much, I would be surprised if a tenth of that sells. I see even the low mintage gold versions are still available.

If the Royal Mint is going to release more in this series as they've mentioned, they better produce far fewer coins if they don't want a big loss for the company. 

I think we should honour diversity by having a coins made to celebrate:

(1) Britains first female prime minister (Margaret Thatcher)

(2) Britains first BAME chancellor (Sajid Javid)

(3) Britains second BAME chancellor (Rishi Sunak)

(3) Britains first female MP to take their seat (Nancy Astor)*

However (all being Conservatives), I think that this would send some people 'over the edge'.

Best

Dicker

* Technically, this was actually a Sinn Fein MP but she did not take her seat.

Not my circus, not my monkeys

23 minutes ago, dicker said:

I think we should honour diversity by having a coins made to celebrate:

(1) Britains first female prime minister (Margaret Thatcher)

(2) Britains first BAME chancellor (Sajid Javid)

(3) Britains second BAME chancellor (Rishi Sunak)

(3) Britains first female MP to take their seat (Nancy Astor)*

However (all being Conservatives), I think that this would send some people 'over the edge'.

Best

Dicker

* Technically, this was actually a Sinn Fein MP but she did not take her seat.

We've had a woman, who is THE most powerful person in the UK (at the very least), on our coinage for nigh on 50+ years. is that not enough to satisfy the frothing left?

We have been very very lucky.  

Sadly some of the latest depictions of QEII from Australia and Canada have not been to my taste - this means I am making my way backward in my collection of Australian Nuggets / Kangaroos.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Half of the cabinet are Indian. 50% of labour MP's are women and 20% of labour MP's are BAME's, 10% of the house is BAME. Something like 10% of MP's are openly homosexual. Yet somehow the UK is the most bigoted place on Earth.

People in the UK are so naive they think having a government made up of foreigners is a good idea. That foreigners will have the UK's best interest at heart. That is how anti-racist and thus ripe for complete collapse the country is. :D 

If you focus on the coin and not the political message (propoganda, whatever) it is simply a c**p design.  It's not really a good excuse to say more are on the way in the series, why release a c**p one at all. 

Anyway IMHO the message is ridiculous, diversity didn't build Britain - Britain built diversity - it's the other way around.  The homage to Brits of different races is that they are British.  Britains built Britain.  Anyone who immigrated to Britain and helped build Britain became British in doing so.  There are no lines here between races, so introducing them is nefarious.  Britain built diversity - it ended the mass global slave trade, developed infrastructue, business, economy and education throughout the British empire and welcomed millions of immigrants over it's history (thousands of allied soldiers and civilians during and after WW2, millions during the EU period for example).  All achievements far greater than other county by comparrison.   "Britain built diversity" shifts the respect to Britain itself which is where the respect belongs - to the people of Britain. 

Britain did more than build diversity - it used to enforce it globally.  When India left the empire it got cut up into India & Pakistan and Bangladesh - but under the empire the races and religions were united under one India.  When Malaya becaume independant, the Malays slaughtered the Chinese and Indian Malaysians and enacted "racial supremacy policy" that is still in use today to discriminate against Indians and Chinese in Malaysia - none of that was part of British Malaya.  Likewise in Africa when the British pulled out, evil diicators and tribes embarked on race wars and slaughtered their own people.

Diversity built britain - Ha!  Britain totally invented diversity... jokers...

7 hours ago, dangelo said:

Britain did more than build diversity - it used to enforce it globally.  When India left the empire it got cut up into India & Pakistan and Bangladesh - but under the empire the races and religions were united under one India.  

Hillarious!

A country where it's people got on for hundreds of years. Then other countries invaded and slyly got involved with its politics and stole its most famous and  one of the largest diamond piece in the world to place it on the British crown jewels and caused so much tension that it was forced to split into 3 countries. 

On 29/10/2020 at 07:52, FuntasticFlavor said:

Hillarious!

A country where it's people got on for hundreds of years. Then other countries invaded and slyly got involved with its politics and stole its most famous and  one of the largest diamond piece in the world to place it on the British crown jewels and caused so much tension that it was forced to split into 3 countries. 

Yeah they were all sat around singing kumbaya until the British arrived and started building railways everywhere.

23 minutes ago, KDave said:

Yeah they were all sat around singing kumbaya until the British arrived and started building railways everywhere.

And in return the British thought it was a good idea to steal all their diamonds 

If they were blatant enough to steal one of the largest diamond pieces in the world and plonk it on the crown of the monarch then what did they do in secret lol

7 hours ago, KDave said:

The British did all they could to promote differences as did every other European country in their colonies and you can't pretend they built railways to help the indigenous people either.  Anti slavery movement wouldn't have gained as much support as it did in Britain if it wasn't advantageous at the time - standing against Napoleon who had decided to return to supporting slavery for example and the declining profits from the slave trade.

I hate today's woke one sided retrospective take on the past. The history of mankind is a dark dirty affair with patches of enlightenment and excellence.

And guess what? It still is!

I'm proud to be English and British. We as a nation have got lots to be proud of. 

There's something great about these group of small islands in the north Atlantic. 😉

Don't be brainwashed into thinking anything different. 

Right I'm off for a sweet cuppa tea and a jam scone. I might even play god save the Queen to.🖕

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧

Why do you think it would be different in any other place? People don't invade a country to make it great for the native people, you think people are invading Britain today under the guise of migrant to make Britain better for the native whites? :lol: 

The British promoting differences in India was divide and conquer, literally a classic from Roman times, it is the way of the world. You think it would be any different if anyone else had invaded? Would it have been better perhaps if the Spanish had invaded India instead? They had a good track record of sorting out the natives in the backwards places they invaded, was it 95% of the South American natives they wiped out? I forget. Perhaps India would have been better off with humanities peak genociders in charge. I don't see many foreign people in Spain crying about that South American thing though, perhaps there is a cause and effect link there. 

The USA are the modern world empire. Guess what, they care about resources and dollar hegemony a lot more than some silly idea like liberal democracy. They could care less about the natives of the places they invade and exploit, look at Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan today and tell me the USA made it better for them. That the truly wanted to get rid of Gadhafi, Saddam and the Taliban because 'liberal democracy'. I don't see many railroads is all I am saying. 

In my experience those screeching about Britain's past just hate the white native British. The white British people alive today had nothing to do with the crimes you are crying about, the only crime the can claim is paying off the debt accrued in ending slavery back in 2015 and allowing endless waves of foreigners into their countries, because no good deed goes unpunished. :D

• Founder & Administrator

Please keep any political discussions or posts strictly to the non PM section.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Founder & Administrator

Last post hidden. Please see my previous post. Please keep all political discussions exclusively to the non PM section.

The section this topic is posted in is Precious Metals, and should not be used to discuss politics etc. Further posts in this topic will currently require Moderator approval before going live until further notice. Please keep this topic strictly to precious metals discussion. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

5 hours ago, FuntasticFlavor said:

I see you didn't have anything to say about the looting eh

You do realise that the Koh-i-Noor diamond, has probably been around since the 14th century and has changed hands numerous times due to overthrows and conquests of various Indian dynasties and empires, before it was given to Queen Victoria. 

The Jewell has had a remarkable life. 

Archived