• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 Coins Proclaimed - HG Well, David Bowie (Music Legends), 50p John Logie Baird TV, Diversity Built Britain

h103efa

Usual bit of Gazette hunting by me

£2 coin - gold, silver & CuNi - https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3649932

(a) a depiction of Sir Walter Scott accompanied by the inscription “SIR WALTER SCOTT NOVELIST HISTORIAN POET” encircled by the inscription “250TH ANNIVERSARY OF HIS BIRTH” and the date of the year. The coin shall have a grained edge and in incuse letters the inscription “THE WILL TO DO, THE SOUL TO DARE”, save for the gold coin where the incuse letters shall be accompanied by a plain edge; or

(b) a depiction of the Invisible Man and a Martian encircled by clock numerals accompanied by the inscription “H.G. WELLS” and the date of the year. The coin shall have a grained edge and in incuse letters the inscription “GOOD BOOKS ARE THE WAREHOUSES OF IDEAS”, save for the gold coin where the incuse letters shall be accompanied by a plain edge.’

Music Legends - David Bowie - Gold & Silver - https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3649933

for the reverse a depiction of David Bowie and the inscription “BOWIE”

50p - Gold, Silver, CuNi - https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3649934

‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · 50 PENCE · 2021” and for the reverse either: the inscription “1971 DECIMAL DAY” accompanied by a range of pre-decimal coins; or

the inscription “JOHN LOGIE BAIRD TELEVISION PIONEER” accompanied by a depiction of a television mast emitting circular radio waves with a range of dates relating to John Logie Baird and the dates “1888” and “1946” aside the mast; or

symbols depicting individual Olympic sports accompanied by the Olympic Rings, the Team GB logo, the inscription “TEAM GB” and the date 2020; or

For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “ELIZABETH · II D · G · REG · F · D · 2021” with the denomination “50 PENCE” and for the reverse the inscription “1971 DECIMAL DAY” accompanied by a range of pre-decimal coins.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3649935

‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · 50 PENCE” accompanied by the date of the year, and for the reverse a depiction of a web symbolising the connections between communities across the country and the inscription “DIVERSITY BUILT BRITAIN”. The coin shall have a plain edge.

22 hours ago, h103efa said:

Usual bit of Gazette hunting by me

£2 coin - gold, silver & CuNi - https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3649932

(a) a depiction of Sir Walter Scott accompanied by the inscription “SIR WALTER SCOTT NOVELIST HISTORIAN POET” encircled by the inscription “250TH ANNIVERSARY OF HIS BIRTH” and the date of the year. The coin shall have a grained edge and in incuse letters the inscription “THE WILL TO DO, THE SOUL TO DARE”, save for the gold coin where the incuse letters shall be accompanied by a plain edge; or

(b) a depiction of the Invisible Man and a Martian encircled by clock numerals accompanied by the inscription “H.G. WELLS” and the date of the year. The coin shall have a grained edge and in incuse letters the inscription “GOOD BOOKS ARE THE WAREHOUSES OF IDEAS”, save for the gold coin where the incuse letters shall be accompanied by a plain edge.’

Music Legends - David Bowie - Gold & Silver - https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3649933

for the reverse a depiction of David Bowie and the inscription “BOWIE”

50p - Gold, Silver, CuNi - https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3649934

‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · 50 PENCE · 2021” and for the reverse either: the inscription “1971 DECIMAL DAY” accompanied by a range of pre-decimal coins; or

the inscription “JOHN LOGIE BAIRD TELEVISION PIONEER” accompanied by a depiction of a television mast emitting circular radio waves with a range of dates relating to John Logie Baird and the dates “1888” and “1946” aside the mast; or

symbols depicting individual Olympic sports accompanied by the Olympic Rings, the Team GB logo, the inscription “TEAM GB” and the date 2020; or

For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “ELIZABETH · II D · G · REG · F · D · 2021” with the denomination “50 PENCE” and for the reverse the inscription “1971 DECIMAL DAY” accompanied by a range of pre-decimal coins.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3649935

‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · 50 PENCE” accompanied by the date of the year, and for the reverse a depiction of a web symbolising the connections between communities across the country and the inscription “DIVERSITY BUILT BRITAIN”. The coin shall have a plain edge.

Sneak Preview:

What 3 of them will not look like (possibly)

David Bowie

2021 UK Gold £1000 Thousand Pounds Music Legends David Bowie Mock-Up Coin

Sir Walter Scott

2021 UK £2 Two Pounds Sir Walter Scott 250th Anniversary Mock-Up Coin

H.G. Wells

2021 UK £2 Two Pounds H.G. Wells Mock-Up Coin

Chards

15 hours ago, GoodAsGold said:

Why not throw in a privy mark of a laughing gnome as well?

The Laughing Gnome

How about a Diamond Dog instead?

2021 UK Gold £1000 Thousand Pounds Music Legends David Bowie Mock-Up Coin with Diamond Dog Privy Mark

Doug, our photographer, said "Laughing Gnome was not reflective of his work and would never make a good privy mark. Now Diamond Dogs was, for me, Bowie at his best..."
Actually, that might have come from Diamond Doug.

Chards

3 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

How about a Diamond Dog instead?

2021 UK Gold £1000 Thousand Pounds Music Legends David Bowie Mock-Up Coin with Diamond Dog Privy Mark

Doug, our photographer, said "Laughing Gnome was not reflective of his work and would never make a good privy mark. Now Diamond Dogs was, for me, Bowie at his best..."
Actually, that might have come from Diamond Doug.

Oops Lawrence, I’m now outside my comfort zone on this subject. I’ve only ever known Bowie’s chart hits and I don’t know what a Diamond Dog is, possibly one of his albums?

I bow (or bow wow) to Diamond Doug’s knowledge and his suggestion wins.

2 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

Oops Lawrence, I’m now outside my comfort zone on this subject. I’ve only ever known Bowie’s chart hits and I don’t know what a Diamond Dog is, possibly one of his albums?

I bow (or bow wow) to Diamond Doug’s knowledge and his suggestion wins.

I am not familiar either, but am now going to read and listen.

It's amazing how educational coins and numismatics can be!

Chards

Archived