• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

great, it means he's got less money for the sovereigns and other gold coins....... ;)

Sorry to be the bearer of BAD news HT but that is not the case. :) . :) . :) . :) . :)

I am however leaving the UK again on Sunday for a week so that will put a dampener on things. :(

Edited by Keithoil

I was about to take advantage of the low price and place a large order but then I thought this "hobby" is loosing me far too much fiat so I chickened out.

I then looked again at my purchase history of silver and too many times was reminded of £30 silver.

Really wish I had never got hooked now.

I doubt I will ever recover to breakeven in the next 5 years or maybe much longer.

Going through the "cold turkey" of PM investing right now with such low prices at my finger tips.

It's tough Pete.

The only bullion I have left from 2011 times is my first Britannia date run, and seeing the prices I paid gives me goose bumps.

1998 £30.01

1999 £31.66

2000 £36.00

2001 £35.14

2002 £41.05

2003 £31.65

2004 £21.66

2005 £32.01

2006 £21.66

2007 £34.11

2008 £33.44

2009 £30.98

2010 £21.66

2011 £31.00

2012 £30.95

2013 £29.90

2014 £20.34

Granted, I'm glad it was Britannias that I bought as they haven't held up too bad.

Shit happens.

Stacker since 2013

It's official - silver is expensive again: back above £10 ....what to do now??

Can't put my finger on it, but I just feel like staying in gold now. I get that silver could rocket...but in practical terms gold is easier to store, sell and better to look at (IMHO). Wish I could glimpse at the prices in 2024 just for a second to make the smart choice. Wonder if we will still be waiting for the gold price to break £800 then?!?

I am also diversifying I bought a bottle of Macallan single malt on my way through Doha the other day.

Love it! The beauty of malts is that there is no messy complications like whether they will go up or down - it's a simple transaction: money = guaranteed short term pleasure! Mind you Keithoil we could start a new thread on this topic, as I am more of an Islay / Orkney whisky fan myself...

I think a lot of Gold contracts were closed on Friday when Gold dropped past $1180, but Silver is more difficult for the banks as it is a smaller market and there are no traders willing to trade down to the banks target of $15.  As we all know Silver is dragged around by Gold, maybe this is the only way the banks can get the required price in the Silver market.

Note if Silver gets anywhere near $15 I will fill my boots with Silver Maples and Phils :)

I made a small silver purchase today some libertads  :D

Either Bullionbypost have a tech issue or they aren't taking any chances.

Live prices are currently unavailable, please call us for orders.

I think it's the latter, they are probably sitting on a lot of stock that is currently worth less than they bought it for

Although I think they'll find that their sales will plummet. People don't like asking for prices, they would rather go elsewhere looking for their bullion than pick up a phone or email.

Edited by Highland Tiger

Either Bullionbypost have a tech issue or they aren't taking any chances.

Live prices are currently unavailable, please call us for orders.

Maybe it was a tech issue. Prices back up but the multiple order pricing is wrong.

QTY Net

Per Unit VAT

Per Unit Gross

Per Unit

1+ £802 £0 £802

5+ £799 £0 £799

10+ £801 £0 £801

20+ £796 £0 £796

Edit.... Actually that might just be on the RM gold horse

Edited by Helping Hands