• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

10 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

Silver 4% down at the open. Even by crazy silver world standards, that’s an extreme move. Something is definitely afoot.

Still seems the same price as yesterday?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, Rains said:

I think all  pms are but silver seem very underpriced feel like its should be about £200 per toz not £19 

Its the most manipulated out of them all. Gold stands a slight of heading towards a real price given the weight of China and Russia buying up physical.

45 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

The Kitco charts show a vertical 4% drop at the open and a vertical spike all the way back up again 50 mins later (5 mins ago). Who knows?

Click on the charts tab here on tsf.  These charts don't show that.  Must be kitco glitch.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

12 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

Live 24 hours silver chart [Kitco Inc.]

Still showing on the Kitco chart.

JPM and BofA wish and dream. :D 
Looks like just a glitch in the matrix 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

5 minutes ago, Gruff said:

JPM and BofA wish and dream. :D 
Looks like just a glitch in the matrix 

Perhaps they were feeding the AI with its manipulation orders for todays close, and they accidently hit 'execute now' instead of 'perform gradual decline'  :lol:

2 minutes ago, silversky said:

Perhaps they were feeding the AI with its manipulation orders for todays close, and they accidently hit 'execute now' instead of 'perform gradual decline'  :lol:

I think we're in for a tumultuous couple days in the Silver market. Trying to slam it down for the close of the month as it comes into the end of the quarter for which the US banks need to report profits or losses. So it'll be 2 months back to back where we see wild swings into the month end

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

28 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I think we're in for a tumultuous couple days in the Silver market. Trying to slam it down for the close of the month as it comes into the end of the quarter for which the US banks need to report profits or losses. So it'll be 2 months back to back where we see wild swings into the month end

It certainly looks like a trip back to 18 and possibly lower is on the cards.  Amazing really that gold hasn't got further than it has over the last month.  Especially given the world changing economic sanctions.  The implications are probably bigger than anything since august 15th 1971.  It's hard to comprehend a world where silver is cheap, inflation is roaring and energy is seriously expensive.  I guess that world is one where there isn't enough food and finished products and savings become less important.  You can't eat those Britannias after all.  Production costs must be way up and yet paper silver is down.  I guess it'll take a few months for production cuts to feed through, and then it'll suddenly and rapidly change.

31 minutes ago, silversky said:

It certainly looks like a trip back to 18 and possibly lower is on the cards.  Amazing really that gold hasn't got further than it has over the last month.  Especially given the world changing economic sanctions.  The implications are probably bigger than anything since august 15th 1971.  It's hard to comprehend a world where silver is cheap, inflation is roaring and energy is seriously expensive.  I guess that world is one where there isn't enough food and finished products and savings become less important.  You can't eat those Britannias after all.  Production costs must be way up and yet paper silver is down.  I guess it'll take a few months for production cuts to feed through, and then it'll suddenly and rapidly change.

Anything is possible in these controlled and manipulated markets. I think if Russia and China or eastern Eurasia (to include other countries) come out and support a more tangible backed currency that will destroy the CME/LME crime syndicate. But they've managed to keep the game rigged for the last 40 odd years, so it could go on another 10. I've been saying the financial market is ripe for a crash since 2016 and so far they banksters have kicked the can down the road. However what has become more apparent is that they are having to use more and more manipulation and FIAT debt creation for an ever diminishing return.  Added to the fact that a lot more people have woken up to the con. 
I think what we're going to see more of is wilder and wilder price swings as these global currencies die. The death throws will be painful, we haven't seen anything yet.

I fully expect food and energy prices to double in the next 12-18 months. As you mentioned with all the geopolitical wrangling's and sanctions flying about it's going to make it tough for us "regular/normal folk" 

I agree that with China closing down manufacturing regions again and the tightening/lack of supply of base materials, we'll see inflation head higher still. Perhaps even into "official" double digits in the next quarter or two. We all know that inflation is raging at 12-15% and has done so for the last 6-8 months. Food and energy costs have ensured that

9 hours ago, Shinus73 said:

Live 24 hours silver chart [Kitco Inc.]

Still showing on the Kitco chart.

It appears that the kitco chart has "fixed itself".  It must embed as a live updating window, because I distinctly remember the vertical drop on it when you posted it earlier.  And that has disappeared!!!

4 minutes ago, silversky said:

It appears that the kitco chart has "fixed itself".  It must embed as a live updating window, because I distinctly remember the vertical drop on it when you posted it earlier.  And that has disappeared!!!

Interesting, good to know. Either that or they had someone go in and edit the data to reflect the lack of flash crash

9 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Interesting, good to know. Either that or they had someone go in and edit the data to reflect the lack of flash crash

Yeah it was originally showing a drop to the 24.2 area where it wandered about for a bit.  Certainly not an instantaneous down and up.  The charts here on tsf definitely did not show that drop for the same time period.  Almost like a different commodity's chart.  Odd.

8 hours ago, silversky said:

Yeah it was originally showing a drop to the 24.2 area where it wandered about for a bit.  Certainly not an instantaneous down and up.  The charts here on tsf definitely did not show that drop for the same time period.  Almost like a different commodity's chart.  Odd.

have you refreshed your browser (F5) 🤣

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

Gold and Silver now back at pre war levels!  No idea where this spike low will stop out.  All the stops on paper Gold and Silver longs must be getting smashed right now.  Once cleared I don't imagine the low lasting for too long.

9 minutes ago, silversky said:

Gold and Silver now back at pre war levels!  No idea where this spike low will stop out.  All the stops on paper Gold and Silver longs must be getting smashed right now.  Once cleared I don't imagine the low lasting for too long.

Currently looks like Silver stopped out at exactly the $24 mark. That's indicative of the banks jumping on the bandwagon. But time will tell. I suspect they'd want it pushed lower still. 

Brent has dropped sharply, probably on news of the slightly positive talks in Turkey.  But no matter what happens, I can't see the sanctions being lifted anytime soon.  And nor do I see a change to the planned requirement by Russia for their energy sales to be paid for in Roubles.  You can't just steal a nations foreign reserves and make a blatant attempt to destroy their currency, then expect to say it's all cool now and put that genie back in it's box.

This is now about escaping the leverage of the USA for many nations.  Having set up alternative payment methods, they're not about to abandon them on a whim.  The west is refusing to pay in Roubles, and this will be the next big clash if Russia turns off the O&G because of non payment issues.

image.png.6a2d861d0527bdb5e7f37112f44ba006.png

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

Currently looks like Silver stopped out at exactly the $24 mark. That's indicative of the banks jumping on the bandwagon. But time will tell. I suspect they'd want it pushed lower still. 

Looking more into this

image.png.f7ede901a60525ff402da58bcb2c710a.png

Bouncing off the $24 handle. If I'm not mistaken that also touched the 200 Day MA as well. 

I bet a lot of paper shorts were closed out by the banks

18 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Looking more into this

image.png.f7ede901a60525ff402da58bcb2c710a.png

Bouncing off the $24 handle. If I'm not mistaken that also touched the 200 Day MA as well. 

I bet a lot of paper shorts were closed out by the banks

probably option expiry day though i havent checked

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454