• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My first trade - Shell / BP

10 hours ago, Bumble said:

I'm still holding I3E.L and RECO.V. Stimulus spending should be good for metals and oil.

Yeah see what happens over the rest of this month I will have a look for some oil bargains. 
Happy to be out of BP shame I did not hold my £4000 in shell & BP.
Could have cashed out last week a decent profit. 

Im exploring the Russian markets at the moment, especially the big dividend stocks. 
No shortage of decent oil & mining finds LOL. 

Edited by Stacktastic

9 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Yeah see what happens over the rest of this month I will have a look for some oil bargains. 
Happy to be out of BP shame I did not hold my £4000 in shell & BP.
Could have cashed out last week a decent profit. 

Im exploring the Russian markets at the moment, especially the big dividend stocks. 
No shortage of decent oil & mining finds LOL. 

you need to stick oil mate there are going to be some moves upwards again soon

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

12 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

you need to stick oil mate there are going to be some moves upwards again soon

Yeah. not a lot of spare cash at present as im still not working. :)
See any decent openings let me know, that BP investment was a good move made some profits there. 

Edited by Stacktastic

• 2 weeks later...

Crude is getting on close back to 70 mark again the inflation is catching up now, I would certainly be holding Oil stocks now - I can see it staying over 70 after these.

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

10 hours ago, Bumble said:

RECO.V finished up 57% today, and my guess is that  it has plenty more upside.

Nice one. 

Im hoping to see a dip down at some point this year in oil, what would be the most likely cause of that out of interest? 
Would be nice to get back into BP Total or Shell (before/if they bring the dividend back up.) as well as a large stake in Gazprom.  
Not sure that will happen. ;)

Edited by Stacktastic

RECO.V is an exploration play, so their fortunes depend entirely on the success of their drilling. Yesterday's rise was based on some promising results, but their exploration program is still at an early stage.

1 minute ago, Bumble said:

RECO.V is an exploration play, so their fortunes depend entirely on the success of their drilling. Yesterday's rise was based on some promising results, but their exploration program is still at an early stage.

Nice. Not on 212. Maybe on the invest section as that has non ISA stocks. 
Sounds quite volatile, but given the market oil is in atm. a good play. 

RECO.V up another 38% today. We now have a double in a week, so time to take some profit. I've been using profits to accumulate Sprott Inc (SII), which looks like a nice reliable long-term play with a reasonable dividend (2.5%).

12 hours ago, Bumble said:

time to take some profit. I've been using profits to accumulate Sprott Inc (SII)

Im looking for a half decent dividend commodity stock.
Shame thats not on 212. :(

Is that the one thats based on physical silver?? 

Edited by Stacktastic

SII is the ticker for the company Sprott Inc.  It is a business providing investment services in the natural resources sector. It runs various ETFs and has private clients and it acts as a venture capital investor.

18 minutes ago, Bumble said:

SII is the ticker for the company Sprott Inc.  It is a business providing investment services in the natural resources sector. It runs various ETFs and has private clients and it acts as a venture capital investor.

Nope I will ask if they can add it. They are pretty good as they added GDX after asking. 
Based on thier website they have a range of trusts, ETF's and stuff. 

I guess sll covers it all does it? I shall look into it deeper.
Would be good gif they can add all of that. 

Untitled 3.png

Edited by Stacktastic

Not so looney after all so it seems. Reinstate a dividend and this will be a very nice stock indeed. 
Shame I dont own it LOL. ;)

Not sure i can change the name of this thread, but a generic oil and dirty energy stock thread would be good. ;)

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/27/bp-earnings-q1-2021.html

• 1 month later...
On 08/03/2021 at 22:40, Bumble said:

I'm cautious on oil, but I do see it holding up for at least another year. It will take several years for battery vehicles to make serious inroads into fuel demand.

I don't own any of the big boys. Currently I have Reconnaissance Energy Africa (RECO.V), Diversified Gas and Oil (DGOC.L) and I3 Energy (I3E.L). RECO is an interesting play in Namibia with good prospects. DGOC pays a huge dividend. I3E is tiny but looks undervalued.

I'm still optimistic on energy. Of the three stocks I bought earlier this year, DGOC.L renamed itself to Diversified Energy (DEC.L) and hasn't' done particularly well, though it is paying a 10% dividend, so I'm still hopeful. I3E.L has done pretty well and is paying a maiden dividend of 6%. RECO.V has been a star performer: my best this year.

As this is theoretically an oil thread, I found this guy thoroughly refreshing & knowledgable. So much so I am waiting to buy an electric van for a camper build (40 mins in). Good insight on supply demand and the role of hedge funds in oil prices.  @HerefordBullyun

Made me even more bullish on Uranium, especially as it seems to be pulling back atm. :)

Edited by Stacktastic

Dont forget helium hydrogen and coal. There are massive energy shortages and the moment in Europe and they are using coal!

54 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Dont forget helium hydrogen and coal. There are massive energy shortages and the moment in Europe and they are using coal!

Yeah BHP pull back is looking tempting with its 5% dividend. :)
Exterran dropped 8% Friday.
What do you think of Anglo American? - id like to see it down to 2319 really. :)
ARLP, AMR, HP, BRY looks promising, but I still think commodities are over bought short term. 

He really mentions some great electric vehicle plays in the future, such as the big auto firms buying out smaller companies & the business around battery swapping stations. 

Edited by Stacktastic

• 1 month later...

BHP has announced that it is moving out of oil, but is moving into potash. It is also delisting from London.

I am out of Diversified Energy (DEC) and Reconnaissance (RECO.V) but still running with I3 Energy (I3E.L and ITE.V).

2 hours ago, Bumble said:

BHP has announced that it is moving out of oil, but is moving into potash. It is also delisting from London.

I am out of Diversified Energy (DEC) and Reconnaissance (RECO.V) but still running with I3 Energy (I3E.L and ITE.V).

So is this a bad thing Bumble Or is this stock now at a discount as its dropped 8% already US but gained 5% UK LSE???
This is one on my stock market crash list as its such a fabulous all rounder Especially with the dividend. 

Edited by Stacktastic

Moving out of oil may be a decision motivated by ESG considerations. Potash is a good thing to be in, because it is needed for fertilizer, and prices have slumped in recent years. Dropping the London listing will mean that funds that track FTSE 100 will no longer own it, but I doubt it will make much difference. I own some and I will continue to hold, along with some other big miners like Rio TInto, Glencore and Vale. All of these pay attractive dividends. I would sell all of them if demand for iron ore and copper collapsed.

2 hours ago, Bumble said:

Moving out of oil may be a decision motivated by ESG considerations. Potash is a good thing to be in, because it is needed for fertilizer, and prices have slumped in recent years. Dropping the London listing will mean that funds that track FTSE 100 will no longer own it, but I doubt it will make much difference. I own some and I will continue to hold, along with some other big miners like Rio TInto, Glencore and Vale. All of these pay attractive dividends. I would sell all of them if demand for iron ore and copper collapsed.

So they are or are being forced to be politically correct or its a long term move to other sectors? 
Potash makes sense to me - especially nickel. 
At least they probably have some cash now & selling at a 10 year high will not affect the stock much. 

How many stocks do you own - must be a full time job now. 😛

• 2 weeks later...

Found a really handy tool that gives you live technicals on resistance points, pivot points and break out points on the charts. Its like a trading cheat sheet. Its updated daily for each trading day, no need to thank me for the early free xmas present. Might be handy for you @Stacktastic

Heres an example:

https://www.barchart.com/stocks/quotes/AMC/cheat-sheet

:P🐮

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use