• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First goldsilver.be order

4 hours ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

This is the beautiful wooden box my 2 x 1oz Royal Arms Platinum coins were rattling around in all the way from Belgium.

The Box is beautiful and if they hadn’t ruined my 2 pristine coins I’d be quite pleased with it.

Its pretty incompetent and not the shipping companies fault.

Personally I’m all for making PM parcels bigger than necessary as it deters casual postal theft. I’d never dream of leaving 2 coins to rattle around inside a box like this, would you?

That sounds bad, but I'm guessing they were at least bubble-wrapped?

You’d think so hey? No, they were in a double plastic coin wallet, no flap, not even sealed shut. Consequently both coins came out and clinked around together, hence the complaint due to two badly scratched and dented coins. If they had bothered to bubble wrap my coins would be fine.

I’m not been a perfectionist about this, with my microscope, I’m taking about 2 badly damaged coins. 

EA869C92-9FF1-4686-80BD-B25CC2CFFDF3.png

03DFA2F7-3F43-42B4-B37E-E1E6FD262AD0.png

B471A63E-9D44-4F12-9CC7-2BDA15AF6312.png

85BBA960-21D3-4FB0-BA13-EEFD41628AC2.png

A71F7B59-B791-4429-8E7C-B89994D7AEC7.png

1FAFC2BE-993D-477E-92AE-070ABFA75AD3.png

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

Okay, that pisses me off. I guess it's better than no protection at all, but putting - what, £2,000 retail - of platinum coins into a box and not sealing the bags and not padding the box.. That's a horrible lack of attention. They're just not competent to handle coins. I mean really, this is what they do for a LIVING. How can they not know how to properly package valuable coins? What the bloody hell are they doing?

I was annoyed at the little mark on my 10 ounce silver coin, which devalued it probably £30 - £40. Thank fudge I didn't buy a gold or platinum coin from them. Stuff that, I am not using Goldsilver.be again.

It beggars belief... It’s like a child did it? What were they thinking... 

I knew something was wrong when the courier handed to me and it rattled.

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

13 minutes ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

It beggars belief... It’s like a child did it? What were they thinking... 

I knew something was wrong when the courier handed to me and it rattled.

It really does beggar belief. I wish this was shocking but I know its just the norm for them now.

5 hours ago, HerculeHolmes said:

That's the big concern for me too. Goldsilver.be don't DO customer service; if my order went walkabout my only avenue of assistance would be the parcel delivery company. It seems to be much the same story with European Mint, but as someone pointed out, they don't actually offer shipping, only a third-party link (which would be fine, but they don't make it at all clear on their website that they don't guarantee delivery - and that's a big deal). Goldsilver.be IMO aren't worth the price saving, it's too much stress and hassle when things go wrong. I appreciate that they are a mom & pop store  and they haven't got the time or energy to be dealing with every little paranoid BS email, but I don't find their attitude "charming and eccentric", just rude.

Between the two, I'd rather go with European Mint, but I'm really starting to see the pros of dealing with UK based dealers like Chard's and Baird's and Bleyer.

Im glad you said this because actually you would get no help even from the courier.

This is what I got yesterday after 2 weeks of complaining to UPS.

Thu 13/08/2020 14:59
  •  
Dear Rob,

Thank you for taking my earlier.

As discussed investigation is yet to be raised by CRG team therefore, there is no claim yet. Any possible claim will only be concluded once the investigation process has been completed which will normally take up to 8 business days once it has been raised.

Please do note that UPS contract is directly with the supplier in Belgium hence I have limited information that I can disclose. I will monitor this and will let you know once a notification for the outcome of the investigation has been sent to the shipper.

We, UPS, can discuss the claim to a consignee or a third party as long as the shipper contacts their local UPS and gives their permission for the claim outcome to be shared. They will also need to provide to you the claim number which will only be available once the investigation has been completed.

I hope this helps.

Regards and stay safe,

GBS UK SME
UPS Manila

They have confirmed that even if the investigation and claim is needed it would only be paid to the sender. All I can do right now is cross my fingers and toes that my bank would see a claim being paid to the company would make the bank say well they got the claim our customer needs his money back.

Edited by Robjw

Ffs. That is terrible. I was buying in tube so I guess it was sealed and less clanking. However I noticed even in tube they stil go up and down as mint seal(packing) has no sufficient padding. 

I do comprehend now. Lucky my orders came and not gone astray.  

Perhaps lesson here to order in original tubes(coins) less damage. As for missing package... No idea here. But they are dealing with huge money so only choice is EU Court? Perhaps they would respond to that. 

Bureaucracy is unending. 

On 14/08/2020 at 19:53, Robjw said:

As discussed investigation is yet to be raised by CRG team therefore, there is no claim yet.

That right there is weasel-speak. You already raised a claim when you contacted them 2 weeks prior to report the missing delivery. To say that "there is no claim yet" is a stalling tactic.

1 hour ago, HerculeHolmes said:

That right there is weasel-speak. You already raised a claim when you contacted them 2 weeks prior to report the missing delivery. To say that "there is no claim yet" is a stalling tactic.

The claim must be done by the sender, not by the person who should have received the parcel.

6 hours ago, daca said:

I do believe that is time to get a lawyer involve, after so many days not even a claim 🙁

GOLDSILVER.BE PRECIOUS METALS <INFO@GOLDSILVER.BE>
Tue 28/07/2020 11:32
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting GOLDSILVER.BE

The tracking information can be weird from time to time.

We've contacted UPS and asked to start an investigation; I'll get back to you when we receive information.

Best regards,
Christine
Customer service

Thu 30/07/2020 07:53

Dear customer,

As said before, you'll be contacted as soon as we receive information.

The parcel shows as being delivered and signed for by you on Friday 23. UPS will check the drivers GPS records to confirm this, I presume.

Best regards,
Christine
Customer service

Thu 30/07/2020 09:43
Hi,

All your details about the delay , the tracking information and so on are useless litterature. We don't care. You endless emails are not helpfull at all.
The parcel shows as being delivered to you. That's a fact. And we are convinced you received your parcel on Friday 23rd.

UPS is the best delivery company. There's an investigation. We've also asked why the site showed erroneous tracking information if the parcel was received.
You'll be contacted once we get the result.

Regards,
Paul

Tue 04/08/2020 11:10

STOP IT  now !

How many times do we have to say UPS is doing its job ?

To be very clear :  we really doubt you did not receive the parcel.  We are even convinced you have it but try to cheat us because you noticed some wrong information shown on the UPS site.

You're not the first to try this.

Liam

Tue 04/08/2020 11:39

The parcel was delivered on 07/24 and signed for. All other information is of no value.

We already got other information which need to be confirmed.

UPS will resume the investigation.

UPS have now allowed me to make a claim due to seeing the emails that state the sender has raised it multiple times, however even with me raising the claim it would still only be discussed and paid to the sender.

Dear Rob,

Sending this email as agreed during our conversation over the phone.

At the outset, please allow me to personally apologize for the problems that you experienced with this shipment and for any unnecessary stress and inconvenience caused.

We are going to try to locate the package through the process of investigation. Please forward to me the invoices with the detailed description of the missing items so that I can forward it Customer Resolution Group (CRG) for them to raise the investigation.

Please be advised that:

*   ?Without these details the investigation will not be started. The clearer description of the goods the FASTER it is to find the missing items.
  *   If request for an investigation is made 60 days after Pick up the investigation will not be claim eligible.
  *   Once all the details are received I will no longer be working with the investigation. Once there are any updates regarding the missing items the Investigation department will get in touch to the shipper on record.
  *   The investigation can take up to 8 business days. Please do note that counting of 8 business days will not start on the day I received the copy of the investigation template but it will start on the date that it was raised by CRG.

Due to data protection laws and the contract agreed by the shipper, the results of any claim with UPS will only be communicated to the shipper of record. A consignee or third party will not receive any results or details on the claim itself, unless the shipper contacts UPS and gives their permission for the claim outcome to be shared.

For your convenience, you may fill in the attached investigation template and send it back to me once done.

Regards and stay safe,

Keanno Herrera
GBS UK SME
UPS Manila

As of right now with the information given to me there is no investigation started and the sender has not raised any claim or investigation on their system. All I can do is keep a email record of all I can and pass it through to my bank, I have raised it with them as a scam and they are waiting for the UPS outcome to see if they can do anything but they are just being nice, I think it will be rejected.

Edited by Robjw

1 hour ago, HerculeHolmes said:

Ah. Good point. I'm an idiot. That is worrying. My gut feeling is that the parcel will arrive somehow, but clearly GS.be are doing sweet F-A.

They really are doing nothing, they dont care, they are evening claiming there is an investigation but it doesnt take more than 8 business days we are way past that and now goldsilver.be are refusing to email back.

I sent them multiple emails after UPS said it was not raised, forwarded the UPS email stating it and as I say not received a single email since.

Rob
Thu 13/08/2020 10:49

This is your last chance to provide me with the help I require.

I have made a claim through UPS, they are actually investigating now.

I want you to provide UPS with the authority to pay any claim to myself directly, I want the invoice number for the delivery and all the information required in order to get this resolved.

I have contacted my bank and have provided all the evidence so far including your false claims of investigations, the next place I go is to the Perth Mint and inform them of how you are bringing down their brand by scamming your customers.

This can all be avoided if you would stop being so rude and actually help your customer get their package or money back, thank you.

Sent: 12 August 2020 14:02
To: GOLDSILVER.BE PRECIOUS METALS <INFO@GOLDSILVER.BE>
Subject: Re: [GOLDSILVER.BE] SHIPPED + IMPORTANT INFORMATION ! GOLDSILVER.BE

Why are UPS telling me you have not raised an investigation or granted permission for them to pay the claim to myself?

You have been asked a lot of times now to get this resolved.

UPS have just told me on the phone you are failing to give permission despite them reaching out to you.

1 minute ago, JasonDavies said:

That's positive.

I want to believe it is but I know its still a long shot, best outcome right now would be they find the package and deliver because if it goes to a claim I fear goldsilver.be will just keep the money too.

• 2 weeks later...

Wed 26/08/2020 09:55
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately we are unable to disclose any details regarding the progress of the investigation, as per our agreement with the sender. In this case I would highly recommend you contacting the sender, as you are their direct customer and they should be able to provide you with more details regarding this.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Ligita Baroniunaite
UPS Delivery Information Department UK & IE

Sent multiple emails over to goldsilver.be nothing back at all and then the tracking updated today with:

claimups.png

Edited by Robjw

So claim was issued on the 27th of August as far as UPS can tell me, I have emailed and left messages on my order but goldsilver.be are totally ignoring me now. They have not replied to any email since the 4th of August.

UPS are not allowed to discuss or make the claim out to myself.

Yet again another display of being just scummy human beings, they now double the money for the product.

Edit update: I decided to email Perth Mint and make a distributors complaint against goldsilver.be, CCing in both goldsilver.be and the UPS manager I have been dealing with in attempt to get my money back. Will update if I get any reply from the Perth Mint.

gsbeon.png

Edited by Robjw

Ive forwarded my entire email chain with them to the Perth Mint, they are looking into the whole issue for me.

I CCd in goldsilver.be into the Perth Mint complaint email which I suspect prompted the reply today.

Edited by Robjw