• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First goldsilver.be order

I just don't get how they can refuse to engage with you!

UPS have said there was an issue with delivery for gods sake!

I wish you all the best in resolving this - have you raised a claim with your bank yet?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

41 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I just don't get how they can refuse to engage with you!

UPS have said there was an issue with delivery for gods sake!

I wish you all the best in resolving this - have you raised a claim with your bank yet?

The bank have said they can not do anything as UPS won't confirm the claim was paid, data protection with the sender. So the bank have said unless I can provide information that shows it was paid out they are unable to pursue it. If it was a normal card purchase they would of disputed it and made the other side provide evidence but can't for bank transfers.

I've CCd in the manager from UPS to the Perth Mint complaint and he messaged me saying they really can not provide any more information as the contract is with the sender despite me paying for the shipping.

The Perth Mint have been provided with the entire email exchange now and they are looking into the matter for me.

If I don't end up getting my money back at least they will be on the Perth Mints radar for the future, perhaps more people should complain and send their exchanges to the Perth Mint to show just how poorly they treat customers.

Very little hope left of regaining my money but the Perth Mint pressure may provide a life line.

Edited by Robjw

1 minute ago, Robjw said:

The bank have said they can not do anything as UPS won't confirm the claim was paid, data protection with the sender. So the bank have said unless I can provide information that shows it was paid out they are unable to pursue it. If it was a normal card purchase they would of disputed it and made the other side provide evidence but can't for bank transfers.

I've CCd in the manager from UPS to the Perth Mint complaint and he messaged me saying they really can not provide any more information as the contract is with the sender despite me paying for the shipping.

The Perth Mint have been provided with the entire email exchange now and they are looking into the matter for me.

If I don't end up getting my money back at least they will be in the Perth Mints radar for the future, perhaps more people should complain and send their exchanges to the Perth Mint to show just how poorly they treat customers.

Very little hope left of regaining my money but the Perth Mint pressure my provide a life line.

I just feel for you so bad my friend. 

This is in no way defending GS.be's actions - but there are a lot of people that will try to steal from bullion dealers in this way - the EU mint deals with it almost on a weekly basis. But even then there are better ways to go about things than just telling your customers to F off. 

I sincerely hope you get some resolution to this and some form of recompense. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

45 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I just feel for you so bad my friend. 

This is in no way defending GS.be's actions - but there are a lot of people that will try to steal from bullion dealers in this way - the EU mint deals with it almost on a weekly basis. But even then there are better ways to go about things than just telling your customers to F off. 

I sincerely hope you get some resolution to this and some form of recompense. 

Absolutely, I bet overseas bullion dealers get hit with people trying their luck all the time but there are definitely ways to conduct yourself.

I could honestly look past all the exchanges if they just did what any normal business should do and ask the courier what has happened.

They confirmed themselves that the parcel was delayed after checking with UPS, telling me it was simply delayed and would be delivered in the next couple of days, 40 minutes later it had been delivered 3 days prior with no signature.

From that second on they didn't care, it was delivered and I was scamming them.

Edit: 

Just as an added point to this, I've had delivery issues with the European Mint too and when I contacted them they chased up and reassured me everything would be fine, turns out it was in my greenhouse so all was fine and is why I defend the European Mint when I see things on the forum.

They were totally professional, they reassured me it would get resolved and helped me in anyway they could.

I've even had problems with coins they sent and all issues are dealt with.

Couldn't recommend them enough.

Edited by Robjw

I can appreciate that GoldSilver.be are little more than a one-man-band company and reimbursing a customer on such a big order would cripple them, but their attitude STINKS. If the carrier has lost the shipment what harm can it do them? Why aren't they making any attempt to help? i think their name is mud now, at least for anyone who uses this website.

Edited by HerculeHolmes

@Robjw all I can do offer you free drink pal as my condolences I see on one of your post your in Manchester . I have stopped using GS.be over a year in the past ordered metals worth over 15K with them without any issues or problems (pre Covid). I have changed my strategy on stacking Gold only and moved away from Silver and only trust European Mint, ATS Bullion, Chards, Atkinson, Baird and co, Sharps Pixley, Royal Mint and Hatton Garden metals. Not on my trusted list I don't order metals from that dealer (as you can see majority in the UK).

You can contact action fraud police in the UK https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ and log a claim with as much detail as possible. They will investigate and if they have jurisdiction they will enforce the law.

Edited by Abyss

Just seen this post I ordered from gold silver.be last week order came through yesterday , no problems with transaction or dispatch time but UPS did leave my parcel at my driveway gate and was not signed for Did not ring my bell or attempt to knock ,I did not know of the horror stories I have read on here so I definitely wont use them again.

6 minutes ago, NRSovereign said:

Just seen this post I ordered from gold silver.be last week order came through yesterday , no problems with transaction or dispatch time but UPS did leave my parcel at my driveway gate and was not signed for Did not ring my bell or attempt to knock ,I did not know of the horror stories I have read on here so I definitely wont use them again.

It is so difficult because while actually the fault was not goldsilver.be, the way they have handled it all is just insane, the fact they are still actually ignoring me and only bothered to reply because I complained to the Perth Mint is just so frustrating, more over they only replied to call me a crook and fraudster yet UPS have issued a claim and accepted the package is lost.

They do not lose a single penny but would rather ignore me, my guess is they have claimed the money and keeping that too, I base that on the very limited information I have from UPS. 

1 hour ago, Robjw said:

It is so difficult because while actually the fault was not goldsilver.be, the way they have handled it all is just insane, the fact they are still actually ignoring me and only bothered to reply because I complained to the Perth Mint is just so frustrating, more over they only replied to call me a crook and fraudster yet UPS have issued a claim and accepted the package is lost.

They do not lose a single penny but would rather ignore me, my guess is they have claimed the money and keeping that too, I base on the very limited information I have from UPS. 

Maybe you should buy a cheap ticket to belgium and go visit GoldSilver.be office.

As a last resort solution. 

And you should record the meeting. 🤠

Edited by MrTT

3 minutes ago, MrTT said:

Maybe you should buy a cheap ticket to belgium and go visit GoldSilver.be office.

As a last resort solution. 

And you should record the meeting.

Ive genuinely considered this and it turns out cheaper for me to fly to them than the shipping cost I paid on my order haha.

Just waiting to see what the Perth Mint say, see if that brings me any joy, if not my next port of call is to report them to all the mints.

Still pressuring UPS to provide the information that would let my bank pursue the money too.

Edited by Robjw

How can you be so sure UPS have paid out to them if they are refusing to divulge any information to you?

I doubt anything will come of mailing any mints apart from them politely acknowledging you.

If none of us ordered from goldsilver.be and posted here that we weren't because of this type of "customer service" maybe they would rethink things a little but as long as lots of us continue anyway....

5 hours ago, Murph said:

How can you be so sure UPS have paid out to them if they are refusing to divulge any information to you?

I doubt anything will come of mailing any mints apart from them politely acknowledging you.

If none of us ordered from goldsilver.be and posted here that we weren't because of this type of "customer service" maybe they would rethink things a little but as long as lots of us continue anyway....

I would suspect they havnt claimed the money, instead just ignoring the whole thing as they ignore me, however this means they have my money and could potentially claim from UPS too if they havnt already. 

UPS have even sent messages to the Perth Mint for me too explaining why they cant talk to me and stating a claim was issued to goldsilver.be on the 27th of August.

The Perth Mint are investigating, ive had messages from the whole sale manager and minted products manager who have reached out for more information a couple of times.

• 2 months later...
On 23/11/2020 at 01:11, JasonDavies said:

robjw two months on now. Any progress?

No answer from them still, UPS wont speak about it, pay the claim or confirm if the claim has been paid and my bank has officially rejected my claim as a seller buyer dispute.

Currently waiting for the bank to provide their final response in writing to open an Ombudsman complaint and see how I get on with that.

Perth Mint seem to be ignoring it now too,  Ive sent a number of emails asking for an update with the Perth Mint complaint I made but no reply for over a month.

• 1 year later...

Ombudsman finally got back to me and rejected it as a buyer seller dispute.

So in the end they got away with it, UPS maintain their hands were tied but it is utterly ridiculous, Perth Mint stopped replying and the company just send vile emails if they do respond.

Scum company overall, I assume they took the claim money too, no other reason not to allow UPS to deal with me directly.