• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First goldsilver.be order

So I have read some nightmare stories about goldsilver.be in the past and some recent ones too but there was a coin I needed that I couldnt find anywhere else, I had to bite the bullet.

UPS said it would be delivered by 9pm tonight, nothing come, UPS say they cant find it on the system, so my fears have come true, issues with my very first purchase, this is why I tend to buy direct from the Royal Mint or European Mint its such a stressful time purchasing from new people.

Not sure how this will get resolved at the moment, too early to get all crazy but wondered if other people had issues with goldsilver.be and UPS.

57 minutes ago, Robjw said:

...UPS said it would be delivered by 9pm tonight, nothing come, UPS say they cant find it on the system, so my fears have come true, ...

That UPS is not a reliable courier?  True, though problems happen with all couriers.  I'd have given it until 9am tomorrow to see what happens. 

2 minutes ago, Martlet said:

That UPS is not a reliable courier?  True, though problems happen with all couriers.  I'd have given it until 9am tomorrow to see what happens. 

Just in general orders from goldsilver.be have issues, be that the courier, their customer services or issues with them and their order fulfilment.

I disagree with waiting, if there is a problme you should make note and bring it to their attention straight away, next thing is that they say its delivered and youre asked why you wouldnt flag the issue on the day.

We are talking a fair amount of money, not a £100 order.

1 minute ago, Robjw said:

Just in general orders from goldsilver.be have issues, be that the courier, their customer services or issues with them and their order fulfilment.

I disagree with waiting, if there is a problme you should make note and bring it to their attention straight away, next thing is that they say its delivered and youre asked why you wouldnt flag the issue on the day.

We are talking a fair amount of money, not a £100 order.

Sure i'd bring it to attention of the courier.  Not to the rest of the world, when it could turn up tomorrow. 

If I'm understanding correctly, you're saying UPS had confirmed a delivery date so they had the parcel? But it hasn't turned up on time? 

If so, I'm not exactly sure why you're blaming GSBE for a UPS issue...? It's hardly like it's their local courier, it's UPS! 

I bought a 1oz gold coin from them on Wednesday morning didn’t have a reply even after I made payment. Coin arrived   Today Friday. With ups. Which is a day slower than normal. I can’t fault them.when you look at what’s in stock on most Uk sites. Just my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

Ups having a terrible delivery service.

I now collect my stuff from there sorting office.

One less middle middleman and that's usually when it goes missing at that end of the journey.

It must be in Uk only because in Europe ups is the only courier that has never let me down. 

Edited by Spanishsilver

Not mainland though is it. But seriously I had an order from Spain to the Uk 100oz of silver for €46 I can’t complain. I’m sending 12 kilos of silver with them on Monday for €150 from southern Spain to the north east of England. So I might change my mind after or not 😬

51 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Sure i'd bring it to attention of the courier.  Not to the rest of the world, when it could turn up tomorrow. 

I did and I posted it in a general precious metals forum where people discuss things.

It might well turn up tomorrow, not sure how that changes what I posted and why you have to be so hostile about discussing this, I was just asking if other people had issues with goldsilver.be and the UPS service after giving my context of my order.

40 minutes ago, Spanishsilver said:

What I was trying to say is they are one of the only EU dealers that actually have gold and silver in stock. So I imagine they are busy. 

Indeed, was only place I could find that coin, all the others dont even have a timeframe on getting stock in.

43 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

Ups having a terrible delivery service.

I now collect my stuff from there sorting office.

One less middle middleman and that's usually when it goes missing at that end of the journey.

I'm in Ireland too. UPS are the best courier in my region. Drivers always ring me, and if i'm not at home they ask where i'm working and come deliver to me there.

53 minutes ago, Melon said:

If I'm understanding correctly, you're saying UPS had confirmed a delivery date so they had the parcel? But it hasn't turned up on time? 

If so, I'm not exactly sure why you're blaming GSBE for a UPS issue...? It's hardly like it's their local courier, it's UPS! 

I didnt blame goldsilver.be and I stated clearly the courier was at fault right now, even tagging it UPS delivery, please dont take this as a bash on them, I was simply looking to discuss goldsilver.be when using UPS to see if this a common thing.

Edited by Robjw

I’ve been posting a lot of coins over the last couple of weeks Rob in the Uk and Europe. And everything is a little to a lot slower but it all gets there in the end I had a Spanish post office worker shout to me with a mask on COVID-19 when I asked why it would take so long from Spain to the Uk. 😆 as a side note my mate works for the Royal Mail and he said they are 30% busier than at Christmas. . 

59 minutes ago, Spanishsilver said:

I’ve been posting a lot of coins over the last couple of weeks Rob in the Uk and Europe. And everything is a little to a lot slower but it all gets there in the end I had a Spanish post office worker shout to me with a mask on COVID-19 when I asked why it would take so long from Spain to the Uk. 😆 as a side note my mate works for the Royal Mail and he said they are 30% busier than at Christmas. . 

Ive had some issues myself with coins ive sent in the UK one person had to wait nearly three weeks for their first class signed for to get to them it was crazy.

I know things are slower of course, the thing that worries me is it said out for delivery but then just never showed up and now they cant find the package, ive read some post about packages being out for delivery then go missing and it just so happens to me too makes you a bit nervous but im sure things will be fine but was interested to see if others find UPS to be the same, seems some have great experiences with UPS.

1 hour ago, Robjw said:

I didnt blame goldsilver.be and I stated clearly the courier was at fault right now, even tagging it UPS delivery, please dont take this as a bash on them, I was simply looking to discuss goldsilver.be when using UPS to see if this a common thing.

Not particularly clearly to be honest. May not have been your intention, but the original post does appear to imply GSBE at fault. Anyway, hope your coin turns up OK. 

"So I have read some nightmare stories about goldsilver.be"

"this is why I tend to buy direct from the Royal Mint or European Mint its such a stressful time purchasing from new people."

"wondered if other people had issues with goldsilver.be and UPS."

Edited by Melon

10 minutes ago, Melon said:

Not particularly clearly to be honest. May not have been your intention, but the original post does appear to imply GSBE at fault. Anyway, hope your coin turns up OK. 

"So I have read some nightmare stories about goldsilver.be"

"this is why I tend to buy direct from the Royal Mint or European Mint its such a stressful time purchasing from new people."

"So I have read some nightmare stories about goldsilver.be" with the rest of that sentence the context of that changes the context of the quote, I've read some stories and despite that I needed a coin only they stocked so bit the bullet.

This is the full context of that quote, it means normally given the reviews and stories I have read I would avoid making an order with  them.

"this is why I tend to buy direct from the Royal Mint or European Mint its such a stressful time purchasing from new people"

This is a general statement as I clearly say "new people" by that I mean anyone other than my regular known sources which I named. This does not attack or specifically lay blame at goldsilver.be.

I was asking have any other people who have used goldsilver.be and UPS had problems, reason being that there are other courier options so I was asking specifically if other have had problems with that particular combination, perhaps others have had better experiences with other couriers.

I think the tags, the context of why I made the order and what has happened with my order so far provides a pretty clear picture.

What would you suggest I change the post to in order not to offend or clear up any issues you seem to have? 

Edited by Robjw

1 minute ago, Robjw said:

"So I have read some nightmare stories about goldsilver.be" with the rest of that sentence the context of that changes the context of the quote, I've read some stories and despite that I needed a coin only they stocked so bit the bullet.

This is the full context of that quote, it means normally given the reviews and stories I have read I would avoid making an order with anyone them.

"this is why I tend to buy direct from the Royal Mint or European Mint its such a stressful time purchasing from new people"

This is a general statement as I clearly say "new people" by that I mean anyone other than my regular known sources which I named. This does not attack or specifically lame blame at goldsilver.be.

I was asking have any other people who have used goldsilver.be and UPS had problems, reason being that there are other courier options so I was asking specifically if other have had problems with that particular combination, perhaps others have had better experiences with other couriers.

I think the tags, the context of why I made the order and what has happened with my order so far provides a pretty clear picture.

What would you suggest I change the post to in order not to offend or clear up any issues you seem to have? 

Buddy I think you're taking it a bit personally. I understand now that you weren't blaming GSBE, but nevertheless it's their name in the title and their name all over your post about a UPS issue. I think it's plenty clarified at this stage. I hope your coin turns up OK. 

1 minute ago, Melon said:

Buddy I think you're taking it a bit personally. I understand now that you weren't blaming GSBE, but nevertheless it's their name in the title and their name all over your post about a UPS issue. I think it's plenty clarified at this stage. I hope your coin turns up OK. 

I apologise if it comes off that way, I was just clarifying the points you made in your posts and I havnt taken it personally at all.

It's good to understand that my normal manner of posting might offend, mislead or cause confusion, so it's good to air that out and get another point of view on it, that's why I asked given the title, tags and post, what would you change to not offend or come across like I'm attacking goldsilver.be?

1 minute ago, Frenchie said:

You have opened a topic about GSBE because your parcel was 1 day  delayed, but It would have been nice to know if you  have finally received it 

Not delayed, missing from the UPS system.

I have a small update which is UPS still have no clue where the package is and goldsilver.be have yet to email me back or leave any message on the order page as of yet.

I sent over an email each day with the updated tracking so I can only assume they are looking into the matter.

I will of course update the thread when I get more information.