• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First goldsilver.be order

Got a rather big update in the matter. After my fourth email to goldsilver.be they responded stating there was a delay but it should be with me in the next couple of days.

I then contacted UPS directly and they said there was a system issue that caused the item package not to show but they could see it was picked up today by a driver and would be delivered today by 7pm.

Then 20 minutes ago I checked the tracking again and it now states the item was delivered last Friday signed for by me.

I contacted UPS asking what was going on as I had only called up an hour or two ago and was assured the package was out for delivery today. They played dumb and said I would need to contact the sender to make a claim.

No signature on the proof of delivery just states received by Robert.

Waiting for goldsilver.be to reply :( sad times.

Edit: goldsilver.be replied saying again it will be delivered today or tomorrow despite it saying it was delivered Friday.

Not sure what the hell is going on now to be honest.

Edited by Robjw

I've been waiting for a reply from Goldsilver since Friday. I created and paid for 2 orders and emailed them straight afterwards letting them know that I would like it to be sent together as they instruct on the site. No reply or confirmation and sure enough only one package has arrived. The other has still got a status of unpaid even though payment has been made. This was Thursday. 6 emails later and still no response. I'm sure I'll get this resolved but their customer service is poor

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

12 minutes ago, Heirlooms said:

I've been waiting for a reply from Goldsilver since Friday. I created and paid for 2 orders and emailed them straight afterwards letting them know that I would like it to be sent together as they instruct on the site. No reply or confirmation and sure enough only one package has arrived. The other has still got a status of unpaid even though payment has been made. This was Thursday. 6 emails later and still no response. I'm sure I'll get this resolved but their customer service is poor

Very poor, it seems like the same person Christine is the only person to reply to people, I can only assume she is the only customer service and if you have so many issues she only has so much time.

Starting to wonder if UPS causes 90% of their problems, it has a knock on effect if you have so many issues due to your courier.

Still no real excuse for such poor customer service when you're paying via bank transfer and for rather large amounts at times.

Edited by Robjw

Update:

Goldsilver.be have tried to claim it was now delivered, told me to kalm down there are never losses with UPS and they will ask the driver to come back and see me face to face to say who they delivered it to.

Emailed again today for an update as no driver has been back but the email has been ignored it seems.

😔

3 hours ago, Robjw said:

Update:

Goldsilver.be have tried to claim it was now delivered, told me to kalm down there are never losses with UPS and they will ask the driver to come back and see me face to face to say who they delivered it to.

Emailed again today for an update as no driver has been back but the email has been ignored it seems.

😔

My feeling about Goldsilver.be is that when something goes wrong, they just don't have the manpower to cope with more than one problem at a time. They might have two-dozen undelivered packages to chase-up and a stream of emails from customers who have goofed-up at their end and are blaming it on the seller - all part and parcel of running an online business. But I'd be feeling a bit nervous too when they say "talk to UPS". No, locating the parcel is the job of the vendor not the customer. That is the law in both the UK and in the EU.

Most likely the package will turn up all quite suddenly - maybe tomorrow - and your worries will evaporate. I'd call UPS to make sure they are seriously trying to locate the parcel - normally it will either be in the warehouse or in the driver's van. My guess is that it's in the van and the driver has buggered off somewhere (off sick/ holiday) and the supervisor at the depot can't get hold if him on his mobile.

It's GoldSilver.be's responsibility to get the package to you though.

The email exchange from today:

As said before, you and UPS confirmed on Monday the 28th the package was delayed, on calling UPS they said the driver had the package on the van to be delivered that day ( That day being 28th Monday ) you also said the package was delayed but showed in your tracking it was due for delivery in the next couple of days.

Not 2 hours later the tracking changed to say it was delivered the past Friday which we all know did not happen from their own tracking information for 4 days prior.

Please do not talk to me as if this is not any sort of issue, it is £1600+ and you're replies are not helpful at all.

Please view the tracking information in the screenshots all clearly show it was not delivered Friday.

Then on Monday after both you and UPS confirming it was delayed it then all of a sudden shows in the tracking delivered Friday the 24th which cant be possible if you and UPS both said ti was delayed and due for delivery!!!!!!

So please dont message me with an attitude.

To which I got a reply:

Hi,

All your details about the delay , the tracking information and so on are useless litterature. We don't care. You endless emails are not helpfull at all.
The parcel shows as being delivered to you. That's a fact. And we are convinced you received your parcel on Friday 23rd.

UPS is the best delivery company. There's an investigation. We've also asked why the site showed erroneous tracking information if the parcel was received.
You'll be contacted once we get the result.

Regards,
Paul

Yeah that is a crappy attitude from them, and not just down to curtness.  Presenting the information and expressing this is a UPS issue is right way to go.  If they simply dismiss it, then its time to go legal.  Report as theft to the police, and ask GS to cooperate with investigation of UPS. 

55 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Yeah that is a crappy attitude from them, and not just down to curtness.  Presenting the information and expressing this is a UPS issue is right way to go.  If they simply dismiss it, then its time to go legal.  Report as theft to the police, and ask GS to cooperate with investigation of UPS. 

No point even replying to goldsilver.be now really, as they said they dont care.

Hopefully the UPS investigation will be more helpful.

1 hour ago, Robjw said:

No point even replying to goldsilver.be now really, as they said they dont care.

Hopefully the UPS investigation will be more helpful.

Terrible attitude. Do any of your neighbours have CCTV? Might be able to prove there was no delivery if it covers the road.

Just now, BrumChris said:

Terrible attitude. Do any of your neighbours have CCTV? Might be able to prove there was no delivery if it covers the road.

Sadly not, I also checked with all my neighbours and nobody even seen a UPS van, more frustrating is we are actually in the process of getting smart locks are and security cameras ourselves, cant wait to have them installed now, though im really not sure goldsilver.be would even care if you sent them a video.

What I dont get is why they even ask me to check with neighbours anyway, the package is to be signed for by myself only, it clearly states on the tracking so clearly its something they seem to have happen to even suggest it.

I already asked for the driver to return to my property so I can speak directly to him, was told that would be done but he never showed up.

1 minute ago, Robjw said:

I already asked for the driver to return to my property so I can speak directly to him, was told that would be done but he never showed up.

Seems unlikely that it was delivered to your address. It may be lost in the UPS system and will turn up. I'd guess that UPS have GPS tracking on their vans so they should be able to determine if you address was visited.

3 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

Seems unlikely that it was delivered to your address. It may be lost in the UPS system and will turn up. I'd guess that UPS have GPS tracking on their vans so they should be able to determine if you address was visited.

Thats what UPS claimed at first, they were unable to find the package on their system when it failed to be delivered last Friday, at least if the driver came to my address now I can get out my ID and confront him directly. 

I am sure it will get resolved but I can say this now, I will never purchase from goldsilver.be ever again, their customer service is disgusting.

2 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

I've been tempted before but after seeing their customer service...

You should see the entire exchange, if they bother to reply its as if you are something they wiped off the bottom of their shoe. So insignificant to them. 

There have been so many similar stories like this on the forum in the 2 years I've been here. I've been so tempted myself to place an order with them because they do stock some nice coins that no one else does but these stories put me off. I do sincerely hope your coins turn up and thank you for sharing this as hopefully it will lead to people avoiding them and not having this headache themselves in the future.

There customer service is non existent. I had 2 Platinum 1oz coins arrived scratched due to their poor shipping. Their  tactic was to try their very best to ignore the problem.

The packaging was so amateur. 2 coins rattling around in a large, old fashioned wooden Monster Box. The box was actually beautiful but overkill. Just tragic that they couldn’t be bothered to wrap each coin up?! Bizarre.

Sh@t happens, we all make mistakes. Trying to ignore such a problem is just silly. 

Like you gents I won’t be using them again and they could easily have had tens of thousands of pounds worth of business this year alone.

Edited by InvestInCoins888

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

I must admit that since this has happened To Rob I’m not placing any orders with them until they sort themselves out. I’ve got an order of thankfully. Only capsules which I bought and paid for last Friday which is still in the processing fase which is very unusual in my past experience. Shame for them as I wanted to order 4oz of gold from them today but I’ve certainly got cold feet about them as a company. And yes there customer service is terrible. I’ve managed to speak to a woman called Christine and a bloke called Derrick in the past. Surely they can’t be running the place between themselves. Thank goodness I only have a 120 pounds with them and not 6 grand + I was going to spend today. I don’t even think it’s their loss as I’m probably a little fish in the gold game for them. I hope you get this resolved happily Rob.🙏🏻

1 hour ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

There have been so many similar stories like this on the forum in the 2 years I've been here. I've been so tempted myself to place an order with them because they do stock some nice coins that no one else does but these stories put me off. I do sincerely hope your coins turn up and thank you for sharing this as hopefully it will lead to people avoiding them and not having this headache themselves in the future.

Thank you, I hope so too, sort of kicking myself that I didnt pay the extra 4% to use a credit card and would of had more robust ways to get it resolved. If people must order from them, a coin you cant get anywhere else I would use a credit card to protect yourself but it adds a cost sadly.

1 hour ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

There customer service is non existent. I had 2 Platinum 1oz coins arrived scratched due to their poor shipping. There tactic was to try there very best to ignore the problem.

Just not acceptable for the amount of money you spend with them, while I know we are a drop in the ocean to their business but the drops will soon start to add up. I hope they resolved the issue for you.

1 hour ago, Spanishsilver said:

I must admit that since this has happened To Rob I’m not placing any orders with them until they sort themselves out. I’ve got an order of thankfully. Only capsules which I bought and paid for last Friday which is still in the processing fase which is very unusual in my past experience. Shame for them as I wanted to order 4oz of gold from them today but I’ve certainly got cold feet about them as a company. And yes there customer service is terrible. I’ve managed to speak to a woman called Christine and a bloke called Derrick in the past. Surely they can’t be running the place between themselves. Thank goodness I only have a 120 pounds with them and not 6 grand + I was going to spend today. I don’t even think it’s their loss as I’m probably a little fish in the gold game for them. I hope you get this resolved happily Rob.🙏🏻

Thanks and its such a shame to because if the coin was delivered when it was meant to be, that would of been next day delivery (which I was really shocked about but thinking about it now maybe this was part of the issue with tracking hmmm) they have good stock of items you cant find other places too at a decent price.

I still think it is a UPS issue more than goldsilver.be but then they have really shot themselves in the foot with how they have dealt with it all, if they were polite and helpful in the replies I would of been happy to place orders again chalking it up to courier issues.

I spoke to UPS yesterday and they said goldsilver.be havnt even logged a claim yet but interestingly they also stated that UPS have been sub contracting out deliveries in areas and they think that may of been the case with mine, which they think has caused issue with the tracking system.

Edited by Robjw

Called UPS again today, goldsilver.be have yet to file a claim on their system and without the sender filing the claim there is nothing they can do as I don't hold all the sender related details to log it myself.

Spoke to the police and they said its not really anything to do with them as it's a civil dispute, best to contact my bank.

Bank contacted and as it's a direct bank transfer they said it will be difficult if not impossible to refund the money, they said wait till the UPS attempts of a claim has run its course then contact them back of it's not resolved to see what they can do if anything.

At the mercy of goldsilver.be :(

Feel for you here mate.

I've had a few high value orders from GS>BE in the past few years. They've all arrived safely but were either delivered by Yodel 😬 or Fed-ex. I think there's a good chance UPS have sub-contracted out your delivery which may be the source of the problem.

You've done the right thing alerting everyone to GS.BE customer care. Trust and reliability is pretty fundamental in the  precious metals business. I wouldn't use them again.

Hope it turns up or you get a refund. 

GOLDSILVER.BE PRECIOUS METALS <INFO@GOLDSILVER.BE>
Tue 04/08/2020 11:10

STOP IT  now !

How many times do we have to say UPS is doing its job ?

To be very clear :  we really doubt you did not receive the parcel.  We are even convinced you have it but try to cheat us because you noticed some wrong information shown on the UPS site.

You're not the first to try this.

Liam

Rob Walker
Tue 04/08/2020 12:12

You're the most unhelpful company I've ever dealt with and it's disgusting.

You are disgusting, you repeating it's been delivered when it I've told you already it has not, is useless.

I am raising a claim with my bank now, I will continue to press UPS on this and I will continue to email you until you either provide the item I paid for or refund me.

You are a scummy company and what makes it worse is that it really doesn't effect you at all to raise a claim and have UPS explain what has happened.

Both you and UPS confirmed it was delayed and that's why it was not delivered on Friday so how on earth l can you then claim it was delivered Friday.

All I can say is you are scum!

Take a second, think about this from my point of view, just for one minute stop and think about if you were in my shoes.

You pay £1600+ for a coin, the company sends it but the courier has issues with the delivery, you're of course nervous about this because you're paid £1600 for this from a company you've never used before.

You contact both the courier and the company  you bought the time from and BOTH confirm the package is delayed but due for delivery that day or the next.

Then not an hour later the tracking updates and says it was delivered 3 days prior, then the company just washes their hands of the problem calling you a lair and refusing to raise a claim with the courier.

What would you think, would you just accept a loss of £1600, no way in hell would you.

What makes this worse is you refusing to raise an official claim for this, there is no logical reason for you to refuse this unless of course you have something to hide or have done something wrong yourself.

If I am a seller and my customer says I've not received an item I immediately contact the courier and demand to know where my customers item is and if they can't help I raise a claim and get my money back, I then contact my customer and say I'm extremely sorry for the issues, would you like me to refund you or send a replacement, getting the money back from the courier.

What I do NOT do is call my customer a liar and be as unhelpful as I can, even accuse them of trying to scam me because that's just disgusting.

Just to clarify once again, the package was not delivered, there is no signature (was not signed for, no proof of delivery, no driver has come back despite me requesting it and both you and UPS confirmed it was delayed)

Not really sure what else a intelligent human being needs to understand there is something wrong with UPS here.

They are claiming UPS has done their investigation but I have called UPS again today and they have confirmed no claim or investigation as been raised by goldsilver.be, they have now raised this issue to their resolution team with a manager and will attempt to reach out to goldsilver.be and ask if they have permission to raise a claim.

They are the scum, the bank have raised a seller buyer dispute for me but say because it seems to be a courier issue and a direct bank transfer it will ultimately get rejected but the woman said raise it anyway and see if it adds pressure on the company to do something.

Looks like I have to swallow a loss on this one but hopefully the thread will provide caution to those who are planning to buy from them, use a credit card and protect yourself or my advise skip these altogether.

Edited by Robjw

4 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Think its time for some legal action, if only to spike them in to action. I cannot understand why a trader would dismiss a problem so lightly, insisting the delivery is good, to the detriment of their own reputation.  

Ive been looking into it and it seems like I have very little options open to me on this one. My bank put me through to a specialist on these things and they explained that being a international purchase done via direct bank transfer makes it extremely difficult to take court action against them unless I plan on spending a huge amount of money. The other issues are the seller has proof of dispatch so in legal terms did what they promised in our contract, I paid they dispatched via courier. Then the last issue is UPS are at fault and while the seller should raise a dispute they dont legally need to.

Then on fraud, the police said the tracking says received by Robert and there is no signature so does not count as fraud, if there was a signature they might of been able to raise it but they suggested I contact UPS tell them to investigate.

So basically its an expensive lesson.