• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What other PMs do you stack?

Tattoedamat

Think most of us stack gold/silver or mix of both but how many have diversified into Platinum and the other PMs?

Personally I love platinum but would love to own some of the others too though I've only found them in bar format, unless I'm looking in the wrong places?

33 minutes ago, Tattoedamat said:

Personally I love platinum but would love to own some of the others too though I've only found them in bar format, unless I'm looking in the wrong places?

Pd

https://www.chards.co.uk/palladium-maple-1oz-coin-best-value/8132

https://www.europeanmint.com/palladium-bullion-coins/

https://goldsilver.be/en/platinum-pd-rhodium/244-1-oz-palladium-50.html

Rh

https://goldsilver.be/en/platinum-pd-rhodium/1894-1-oz-rhodium-dragon-tuvalu-100.html

Melted pellets are available for ruthenium, osmium and iridium on onyxmet site.

Also  see

40 minutes ago, Tattoedamat said:

Think most of us stack gold/silver or mix of both but how many have diversified into Platinum and the other PMs?

if you have £9800 knocking around you could buy an ounce of Rhodium in coin form at Bairds, a thing of beauty for sure 

I want many people out there to think about liquidity when buying other metals.....rhodium, plat, palladium......these aren't as easy to sell honestly.  Plat and palladium are easier to sell than rhodium but still it can be a pain.

Gold and silver are easy to sell, especially gold.  I  stick with the metals that are more mainstream....gold and silver.

@zhoutonged What made me think about this was that when I was in Thailand, I visited the gold stores and other collectible places......gold is king there. Easy to buy and sell your gold. Silver was a bit more difficult to find to buy and sell but doable.  If I was to move to thailand, I'd stick with gold.

I’d have some micro grams of Californium if I won the lottery. Definitely not easy to sell though.

———————————————-

The ‘production’ of Californium requires very large, expensive and high maintenance machinery that is expensive to operate. It also requires large teams of highly trained scientists and all this to make a few atoms of the element. That is why Californium costs $22 million per gram.

Oh, and don’t forget it is all radioactive,s so your investment is literally decaying before your very eyes.

—————————————-

1 hour ago, MetalMandible said:

I've been filling an old pickle jar with 90% copper pennies for the better part of two years.  I suppose it doesn't count, but man would that make a nice bar...

You would be surprised just how fast it adds up, I have five 2 litre kiln jars that I use for coins, 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, and 20p,  2 litres of 1p coins works out to be just shy of £200.00, all 5 jars filled wih coins works out to be a hair over a grand - it also weighs a hell of a lot so you'll be taking them to the bank one jar at a time. That's what I do with my coins, though I now have kiln jars for 50p, £1.00, and £2.00 coins as well, and like I said, it does not take long to fill them up, I'm emptying them up to 4 times a year, and since I've added jars for 50p, £1, and £2 coins the 8 jars add up to close to £2750.00.

• 3 months later...

I have 1 troy ounce round ingots of osmium and ruthenium, and 450-500 g ingots of rhenium. They are stunning, especially the osmium and ruthenium.

There is a fair amount of craziness in the ultra-rare metal world, such as a German company that is trying to replace diamonds in jewelry with lab grown osmium crystals, at $48,000/ounce.

Im new to this so have quite a bit of silver now and some gold. 

After looking at the Palladium prices rising £20 a day relentlessly I am seriously considering a bit of platinum, even if its an ounce. Not as anything to trade, but somehting to hang on too for a long time. Cant see it going any lower than it is now. 

How much is unobtanium these days?   😀

iu.jpg

On 22/06/2020 at 21:04, WotNxt said:

You must have ALOT of cash transactions!

I save coins also ... Metrobank has a nice machine for anyone to use to cash them in with no commission 🙂

I make it a point to use local independent owned shops, until very very recently none of them had the facilities to accept payment by any other means than cash, even now quite a lot of them are still only able to accept payment via cash.

Ruthenium, osmium, and rhenium for noble metals, .Indium and gallium for base metals. I like silver, too. My problem is that I frequently have to dip in to my hoard to pay bills.

I also stack US nickels since the melt value is closer to the face value. Easy to get from the bank. I used to stack dollar coins but I can't seem to get those anymore. Working on completing my third ammo can plus I bought a box (US$100) of nickels last April since all the coin shops were closed due to the virus. My closest "coin" shop is also technically a pawn shop that also sells firearms so they were allowed to stay open - go figure!

I wish our nickels were 100% nickel like the Canadian pre-'80 ones.

Archived