• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Queen (band) Coin - 9am

5 minutes ago, wolfiemac said:

Here is a larger image of the two coins 

what they are calling the perfect coin.

1109839206_Screenshot2020-02-20at1_28_30PM.thumb.png.bb6fbfc98d86bf8870fc5a78a925e4bb.pngOne that the printing on the gold is not aligned

960961717_Screenshot2020-02-20at1_28_01PM.thumb.png.09142fea18ef3aecd5c580b5c84de7ff.png

6 minutes ago, Becca said:

Untitled.jpg

A see it now,  - I was never good good at eye spy as a kid 

5 minutes ago, wolfiemac said:

Looks more like its rotated a tad

Exactly and it varies from only slightly on the top pick up to big twist that affects the 3. Once they are twisted the keys show on an angle. As I say I have looked at these for days now and not seen a good one :)

Its going to be the aligned ones are the rare ones 😂

Edited by Becca

2 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I'm just hoping that @h103efa is wrong and there aren't more on the way, but what are the chances now lol!

Me wrong, only in the eyes of the wifey!

I actually think the bullion silver and gold versions will be the ones to be wary off (if you are a 🐬). Different quality but might well be attracted by many Queen fans who dont know any different! I would expect these to have 50,000 to unlimited mintage!

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I couldn't imagine listing coins like this before having them in hand especially with all these cancellations. Too much danger of flipping items you won't ever actually receive.

I’ve got a DHL delivery tomorrow! 🤔 wonder what that could be??? Hopefully 2oz of Queen silver 😁 

Edit:

^ Scratch that, it’s a gold dinosaur 🦖 instead 😂 

Edited by MancunianStacker

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

20 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

I’ve got a DHL delivery tomorrow! 🤔 wonder what that could be??? Hopefully 2oz of Queen silver 😁 

Edit:

^ Scratch that, it’s a gold dinosaur 🦖 instead 😂 

Think we might be waiting a wee while yet. Phoned them on monday and they said it could be 10 - 14 days for the 2oz

13 hours ago, kimchi said:

@Seth very interesting insight, a good read, though sad to hear all of the troubles between bands and various members. I agree on The Who and you are likely right for Led Zepp but I otherwise think/hope you might be quite nicely surprised on one or two others!

I don't know about that, another reason why I highly doubt that there will be a Beatles, Led Zepplin, The Rolling Stones, Tho Who, or a Pink Floyd coin, is that besides being Brittish, Queen and Elton John have something else in common, they've both had movies recently made and released about them.  I don't know of any up coming movies about The Beatles, Led Zepplin, The Rolling Stones  - though there is already a movie out about them called Stoned Jagger really didn't like it nor did he give it his approval or any contribution due to the fact that Jones was given the credit he deserves as being the founder of The Rolling Stones, Tho Who, or Pink Floyd, or even any movies about them being in the works, script writing phase, casting, location scouting, pre production, yet alone filming or in post production almost ready to be released.  I think I might have heard somithing about a film on David Bowie being made at some point in the future, I'm not sure though, it could of been an idea I heard floationg around, and I can't remember where I heard it, though to me it seems quite likely given that his son Duncan Jones is a very successful film director - he doesn't use his fathers surname Bowie, he wanted to make it in the world off of his own skill and talent and not cash in on his father's name and connections so he uses his father's original surname, David Bowie stopped going by he name David Jones so as not to be confused with David Jones from the band The Monkees otherwise known as ''The Plastic Beatles''.

Edited by Seth

@Seth not quite the same thing but Yesterday was all about Beatles' music, but I'd argue that the Beatles are just about the only band who are as big as anyone without any reminders! Plus they just had the Abbey Road reissue. I can't see any problems there and it surely must be the first one the Mint made sure they had in the bag! I think the boxes needed to tick are decades of popularity across the world, cultural icons/impact, and still very popular. Not too many tick all those boxes!

That said this is the Royal Mint so we'll probably get an Olly Murs 🤣

Interesting about Jones. Wasn't it a very 'suspicious' death too?

Just now, goldmember44 said:

Hmm..that makes me think. Since I have the 1 & 2 Oz coins...why shouldn't I get the half ounce one too, to complete the set. I think I will :)

Personally I think that is the plan and lot more people can dig for the silver when the gold is out of reach.

6 hours ago, wolfiemac said:

Beatles and Elton John I recon.

Then Milli Vanilli 😂😂

Did you take your copy of Mili Vanilli back for a refund since it turned out that they weren't actually singing and just lip syncing, so anybody who bought their album was entitled to return it for a full refund due to false adverising, and they were stripped of all the awards that they won - I'm serious about this.  I find it funny though how lip syncing destroyed Mili Vanilli's careers, even now the one who is still alive can not get back into the music business and he can actually sing and has a great voice because of the lip syncing controversy over their album and live preformances.  Yet today, people like the Spice Girls, Lilly Allen, the Pussycay Dolls and many many others would be unknows and have never been able to release an album yet alone been allowed near a recordind studio if it wasn't for lip syncing.

Edited by Seth

1 hour ago, Seth said:

Did you take your copy of Mili Vanilli back for a refund since it turned out that they weren't actually singing and just lip syncing, so anybody who bought their album was entitled to return it for a full refund due to false adverising, and they were stripped of all the awards that they won - I'm serious about this.  I find it funny though how lip syncing destroyed Mili Vanilli's careers, even now the one who is still alive can not get back into the music business and he can actually sing and has a great voice because of the lip syncing controversy over their album and live preformances.  Yet today, people like the Spice Girls, Lilly Allen, the Pussycay Dolls and many many others would be unknows and have never been able to release an album yet alone been allowed near a recordind studio if it wasn't for lip syncing.

Aye i was just joking..........  I was lucky working in TV when younger and getting a job working on The Tube on Channel 4, I worked at Tyne Tees on city road in Newcastle... So i've seen my fair share of good singers live.

Edited by wolfiemac

11 minutes ago, wolfiemac said:

Aye i was just joking..........  I was lucky working in TV when younger and getting a job working on The Tube on Channel 4, I worked at Tyne Tees on city road in Newcastle... So i've seen my fair share of good singers. 

They've become a dying bread, hell the last U.K. tour I was employed for people actually complained about the quality of the lip syncing, not about the fact that they were  lip syncing instead of actually singing - which they couldn't do to save their lives, but the fact that they where bad a it, people were actually demanding refunds because of how bad the lip syncing was, personally I'd demand a refund for lip syncing I don't care how good they are at miming.  Yeh, auto tune, and elastic time has done a lot to damage my industry, I blame Pro Tools.

A serious suggestion for who I'd think would be great to have on a coin, The Pet Shop Boys

Edited by Seth