• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buckingham Collection are back with their sale. Is it worth the risk?

Coolsmp

1 minute ago, Fastnick said:

It looks as though Harrington & Byrne are undercutting them with their price of the 2019 Sovereign coming in at £279 (inc. P&P)

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2019-united-kingdom-gold-uncirculated-sovereign-3850.html

Are they legit / recommended? If I'm reading correctly each household can order 3 @ £279 per from them with no additional postage - not bad at all! 

43 minutes ago, Melon said:

Are they legit / recommended? If I'm reading correctly each household can order 3 @ £279 per from them with no additional postage - not bad at all! 

They are - just expect a lot of paperwork and follow up calls to upsell you to their 'exclusive proof sets that are ONLY £3,000!'.  Try to remove yourself from that as soon as possible and you get yourself a good deal.

16 hours ago, Melon said:

I can only speak from my personal experiences with both these companies......

Harrington & Byrne sent my coins out to me very promptly, the limit of 3 Sovereigns a year per household is very tightly enforced (my subsequent additional orders were politely declined), and I still receive regular mail shots from H&B trying to entice me to acquire much more expensive proofs. For some SF members the latter seems to be a major issue; personally, I find it no hardship at all to put these mailings into my recycling bin (and definitely worth it to acquire what were 3 extremely well-priced Sovereigns)

The Buckingham Collection were much slower in dispatching my orders (although the delivery time-scale was pointed out to me when I placed my order by phone, and it is also in their T&Cs), but the coins did arrive after a few weeks and again, I was delighted with the price I paid for them. I did receive 2 or 3 sales phone calls after my first order, but I simply asked not to be called again and for my number to be removed from their database, and have had no more phone calls since then - SIMPLES!

If buying with Harrington and Byrne then be prepared to have them sent 1st signed for rather than special delivery. Had one of my 3 orders sent that way. Risk is theirs but could cause unnecessary issues and delays if lost or stolen, considering they place their company name on the packets 😂

I managed to grab 9 from them before they stopped my 4th order. Just left a month or so between orders but I think they have become more diligent now.

12 hours ago, Melon said:

I wouldn't myself for all the reasons stated including BYB's excellent vid, better to get good deals on older Sovs from trusted members on here imo :)

9 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

7 hours ago, Fastnick said:

1 hour ago, Downs523 said:

Worrying stuff for sure. The third party bit... that's a shame. I wonder how much business this costs them. It's put me right off. 

These screenshots are taken directly from the Buckingham collections terms and conditions.

100% farming data out to other organizations and then those organisations farm it out to other companies, including those outside of the EEA.

Be very buyer beware.

Screenshot_20191117-154040.thumb.png.fa3beb3af2efaf734c3b3613d6ef527f.png

Screenshot_20191117-154053.thumb.png.9eabbeceb395f6d0ceea9df1071351b8.png

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

13 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

These screenshots are taken directly from the Buckingham collections terms and conditions.

100% farming data out to other organizations and then those organisations farm it out to other companies, including those outside of the EEA.

Be very buyer beware.

Screenshot_20191117-154040.thumb.png.fa3beb3af2efaf734c3b3613d6ef527f.png

Screenshot_20191117-154053.thumb.png.9eabbeceb395f6d0ceea9df1071351b8.png

and that is why I deliver all my PM at the office, billing is done on the same address and only pay using transferwise.

16 hours ago, Fastnick said:

It looks as though Harrington & Byrne are undercutting them with their price of the 2019 Sovereign coming in at £279 (inc. P&P)

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2019-united-kingdom-gold-uncirculated-sovereign-3850.html

Advert in today's paper confirming that although their proof reader has clearly been on the sauce - order form still says £289. None of these 'alternative' providers are really that competitive anymore so probably better to stick to the proper bullion dealers IMO. Besides if they apply that 3 per household max cumulatively, I'll not be able to go again to 2021 anyway 😀

IMG_20191117_162843678~2.jpg

To add to the above, and it may simply be me, I don't get a great 'vibe' from The Buckingham Collection, and they did join here and I was not particularly impressed by their posts/attitude before they deleted their membership. The delay between orders and delivery worries me, I suspected from the first delays posted on here (could be wrong) that they might have been getting orders in before even having the coins in stock.

Personally I would not buy from either company.

I didn't much enjoy Harrington & Byrne phoning me to tell me I was an idiot (not in so many words, but that was the gist) for buying gold bullion from them, and that they were doing me a 'favour' limiting it to three per household (!). This was back when members were buying 10+ at £224 on the same account at their supposed 'three per year' limit. The chap I spoke to when my second order was declined (my own fault for setting up a second account rather than just re-ordering via the first - new accounts = new sales leads) lied to me as well, saying it was illegal for them to sell more than 3 or they would need some sort of 'bullion licence' which other dealers have since told me is absolute horse poop.

For the sake of a few quid I would say don't risk it.

Archived