• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

It is Options Expiry tomorrow - OPEX. The price at which the Cartel make profit is sub $1200 - this is why we saw a smack down in the paper price today.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Gold to $1000 silver to $10 markets all time highs and interest rates 10%!Just watch ??? ................  Then the moon shot!When Brexit finally comes and the left realise theyre stuck with trump and a collapsing EU the euro hits the skids and gold vanishes!Keep stacking!Just my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Like to see it fall as would like to buy...........head on the block can see few more pullbacks from time to time but contrary to usual with interest rises,certain imo, I will be bullish for gold with gradual upward trend hitting £1050/£1100 end of year.

If Trumpy manages to get the dollar to crash,which he could do.........then fireworks.......... gold will rocket..........but dont think it will be allowed to happen and manipulation will continue with steady upward trend though

Probably complete bo**ox Harry Dent reckons it'll be $400/£330 at end of year......truth imo nobody has a clue re prediction of gold price WAY TOO MANY BLACK SWANS ABOUT........

• 2 weeks later...

Not much happened for weeks. Everytime it goes up somebody knocks it down or the exchange rate jumps about.

I can't believe it's profit taking that keeps knocking it back, not enough up movement for that to happen.:ph34r:

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

Not much happened for weeks. Everytime it goes up somebody knocks it down or the exchange rate jumps about.

I can't believe it's profit taking that keeps knocking it back, not enough up movement for that to happen.:ph34r:

Pinned at or below £1000 looks like to me.Like you say the exchange rate keeps it one way or another.As for profit taking if your leveraged 100-1 a $1 move is $100 multiply that by a few million and it doesn't take much for a small move to make big bucks $$$

Edited by SpacedMarine

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Glorfindel said:

Does anyone think the current gold price is sustainable? I've wanted to buy for a few months now but I'm wary of buying so close to the ceiling. If Len Pen does not win in France, presumably the price will come down?

This isn't to do with Europe, this is due to Korea.

22 minutes ago, vand said:

Third time it's making a serious attempt at $1265 (=£1017)... let's see how this one goes. 

Well above it now :o  I'm not aware of any significant economic announcements today, but North Korea have just threatened another nuclear strike, which might explain the sudden hike.

8 minutes ago, Clens92 said:

This isn't to do with Europe, this is due to Korea.

Well above it now :o  I'm not aware of any significant economic announcements today, but North Korea have just threatened another nuclear strike, which might explain the sudden hike.

As I keep emphasizing, trying to pin new events to price action is a futile practice. The price make the headlines, not vice versa! Escalating price = more worry = somewhere someone prints something about an international crisis. The truth is that many events are happening in the world; some make the headlines, most do not until public sentiment triggers it.

Do we ever think gold could fall back to the lows of £700 again? I can't see it myself. I was a full backer of silver at this time and barely bought gold as I thought it may drop a little more then suddenly boom were at over 1K an oz. It's a mad world but it shows the lack of faith in fiat.

16 minutes ago, JSILVER said:

Do we ever think gold could fall back to the lows of £700 again? I can't see it myself. I was a full backer of silver at this time and barely bought gold as I thought it may drop a little more then suddenly boom were at over 1K an oz. It's a mad world but it shows the lack of faith in fiat.

I don't see it myself either. The longer we spend at this level the more chance that those old prices are left behind forever.

However some people like Harry Dent & even Mike Maloney think that deflationary/demographic forces will come into play under which scenario all assets would be heavily discounted. I personally don't think this will happen, and certainly not anywhere near the extent that Dent in particular is claiming. These guys tend to make a sensational claim to get notoriety and then wed themselves to it.

The other event that could cause it would be a 2008-style meltdown where margin calls are made on all assets, in which case it would not surprise me to see PMs pulled down with everything else (at least the paper market).

1 hour ago, vand said:

The other event that could cause it would be a 2008-style meltdown where margin calls are made on all assets, in which case it would not surprise me to see PMs pulled down with everything else (at least the paper market).

Isn't this this point though? Safe haven assets, I can't say I was collecting back then, I was too young to know any better. Did gold and silver go up during the recession?