• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

1 minute ago, Agaupl said:

Of course junior miners still asleep 🤣

Still tricky with the juniors, running costs are high. And there doesn't seem to be the appetite for acquisitions at the mo. 

Just now, katyc said:

I'm not hiding being female (my username gives it away) and I comment quite a lot. Although if I'd known our usernames were permanent and can't be edited, I probably would have had something more imaginative! It just seems to be a smaller audience of women in to PMs in general. Most are too busy washing up.

I was reluctant to comment when I joined. Now I don't shut up (mostly thanks to everyone being so nice to me). 

I'm also very happy to say I've not had any creepy come ons (touch wood). No one has a clue if I'm Jabba The Hutt or Margot Robbie.

Gold @£1893

Goodnight y'all!

You forgot the sandwiches. Some of them are making sandwiches

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

2 minutes ago, katyc said:

I'm not hiding being female (my username gives it away) and I comment quite a lot. Although if I'd known our usernames were permanent and can't be edited, I probably would have had something more imaginative! It just seems to be a smaller audience of women in to PMs in general. Most are too busy washing up.

I was reluctant to comment when I joined. Now I don't shut up (mostly thanks to everyone being so nice to me). 

I'm also very happy to say I've not had any creepy come ons (touch wood). No one has a clue if I'm Jabba The Hutt or Margot Robbie.

Gold @£1893

Goodnight y'all!

Was wondering what you were typing for 10 minutes.

10 minutes ago, Tipsmart said:

Screenshot_20240412-011219.png

Clearly a porky fraud, zero chance of getting in with the beafeaters. Suspect his yo-man brummie accent wouldn't have gone down too well with the warden either.

Well it's been an incredible day.  I've been here almost the whole day trying to do other things as well as monitor and comment.  Looking good for the two who declared Up on Wednesday for the poll.....

Just 36 hours ago the consensus here was neutral for the close at the end of this week.  It's certainly been lively since then.  

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

20 minutes ago, katyc said:

I'm not hiding being female (my username gives it away) and I comment quite a lot. Although if I'd known our usernames were permanent and can't be edited, I probably would have had something more imaginative!

'Comment' being a posh word for 'talk'. Could perhaps have used pronouns of he/haw (as in being able to talk the hind legs off a donkey) :)

Seems incredible that gold has put on 18% in just under 6 weeks.  And it's done it by breaking the strong inverse correlation with the dollar.  The contrarian in me says to sell a bit and take something off the table, but I really don't know if this might just keep going?  Short term maybe a bit of a pause or a drop has to come eventually, but this year if they do finally cut rates then there's even more fuel for PM's to react positively.

In the meantime its trying for 1900 again. £1894 and rising...

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

1 minute ago, Bratnia said:

'Comment' being a posh word for 'talk'. Could perhaps have used pronouns of he/haw (as in being able to talk the hind legs off a donkey) :)

Neigh

Not my circus, not my monkeys

21 minutes ago, katyc said:

Oh, it wasn't 10 mins. I left the laptop tab open and went off to make sandwiches for the men of the village

Makes sense

2 minutes ago, dicker said:

Neigh

My pronouns are: THEE/THOU

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

1 minute ago, silversky said:

Seems incredible that gold has put on 18% in just under 6 weeks.  And it's done it by breaking the strong inverse correlation with the dollar.  The contrarian in me says to sell a bit and take something off the table, but I really don't know if this might just keep going?  Short term maybe a bit of a pause or a drop has to come eventually, but this year if they do finally cut rates then there's even more fuel for PM's to react positively.

In the meantime its trying for 1900 again. £1894 and rising...

Sell half of gains, keep half of gains. Wont be fully wrong (nor right).