• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

23 minutes ago, Petra said:

Friday night …… anything happening with gold 🤔😮anywhere….. anyone?🤔😮🫢😳😳

Yep, Doing my best to stack it. Not got enough to affect the price though. image.jpeg.f05ce2f8a9418b978ccd7dd1031f25e2.jpeg Love it in my counting house. Bit cold though

16 minutes ago, silversky said:

Looks like a slightly weak close to me coming up.  Maybe another little drop is inbound next week

close at £1600 probably 

🤔😮once you bother to get a license, try some of the bbc stuff…. sovereigns turning up on all the auction programmes!🤔😮 Two genuine sovereigns bought at a car boot £30 or £40 each, rather off set though by a very cheap sovereign set bought for £35 …. Victorias head on one side and dated 1981 on the other!🤔😮

9 hours ago, Paul said:

Tangents - In geometry, the tangent line (or simply tangent) to a plane curve at a given point is, intuitively, the straight line that "just touches" the curve at that point. Leibniz defined it as the line through a pair of infinitely close points on the curve.

The Plantagenets were a medieval dynasty that ruled England from the mid-12th century to the end of the 15th century. The dynasty began with King Henry II and ended with the death of King Richard III in 1485. The name "Plantagenet" is derived from the nickname of Geoffrey of Anjou, the father of Henry II, who wore a sprig of broom (planta genista in Latin) in his hat.

Key figures of the Plantagenet dynasty include:

• Henry II (1154–1189): The first Plantagenet king, he was known for his strong and sometimes controversial rule, including conflicts with Thomas Becket, the Archbishop of Canterbury.
  • Richard the Lionheart (1189–1199): Known for his role in the Third Crusade, Richard spent much of his reign away from England. His famous nickname reflects his reputation as a brave and skilled military leader.
  • John (1199–1216): Often remembered for his conflict with the barons, which led to the sealing of the Magna Carta in 1215, a foundational document in the development of constitutional rights.
  • Henry III (1216–1272): The son of John, Henry III's reign was marked by political struggles and conflicts with the barons. His reign saw the establishment of the English Parliament.
  • Edward I (1272–1307): Known as "Longshanks," Edward I was a strong and effective king who conquered Wales and attempted to conquer Scotland. He is also remembered for his legal reforms.
  • Edward II (1307–1327): Edward II faced political turmoil, including conflicts with the nobility. His reign ended with his forced abdication and subsequent death.
  • Edward III (1327–1377): Under Edward III, England experienced success in the early stages of the Hundred Years' War against France. His reign is often considered a period of military and economic revival.
  • Richard II (1377–1399): Richard II's reign was marked by political and social unrest, including conflicts with powerful nobles. He was eventually deposed.

The Wars of the Roses, a series of civil wars fought between the rival houses of Lancaster and York, occurred toward the end of the Plantagenet dynasty and led to the rise of the Tudor dynasty with the victory of Henry Tudor (Henry VII) at the Battle of Bosworth in 1485. This marked the end of the Plantagenet dynasty and the beginning of the Tudor era.

Lawrence Chard in disguise?

1 minute ago, Dankanugget said:

Bids start at £1575

Or ask if anyone wants to swap it for 4 sovereigns? I would consider it

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

1 hour ago, bobski said:

Or ask if anyone wants to swap it for 4 sovereigns? I would consider it

I may put it on her but I'll go to a local dealer for the sovs so I can see what I'm getting unless a good option arises.

I guess CGT puts off folk. I'll think it through.

Thanks

D

9 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

I may put it on her but I'll go to a local dealer for the sovs so I can see what I'm getting unless a good option arises.

I guess CGT puts off folk. I'll think it through.

Thanks

D

Because you can't see what you're getting on TSF?

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves