• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Just now, GoldDiggerDave said:

cockney rhyming slang pun intended. 

Can you do Cockney outside of NBS?

1 hour ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

The world is a freak show. Some people consider this song to be imperialist or racist propaganda. They forget that not too long ago WE WERE SLAVES. Our Navy and our military forces freed Britain from slavery, that is what this song is about.

Our Christian religion gave us Common Law and this is the foundation that made us and makes us great, both of these are strong themes in 'Rule Britannia'. You can be as resource rich as you want, you can be like the Qataris or Saudis and have more cash than western nations, but without the western societal values and rule of law, those countries are still 'developing' regardless of their perceived wealth

I wonder if we could turn back the clock what would we do about the British Empire, gold and global governance. There is more slavery in 2023 globally than there was in 1807 (British Abolition of the Slave Trade Act) or 1833 (Slavery Abolition Act)

True and I get that. however lets look at Africa to see what European values brought to them? Rape and pillage of the natural resources. As mentioned earlier, when Niger told France to do one... 
When I made that statement above, it wasn't aim singularly at GB, it was aimed at all of Europe, I know the Spanish and Portuguese were a lot harder on resource confiscation then the Brits, and the French still are in Africa today. 

And having grown up in South Africa, I can see in parts that if Europe had left them to their own devices, the might well still be running round living a nomadic life and farming livestock in a rudimentary way. 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

36 minutes ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

Saint Putin!

I am asking to annex your territory. I'll do it peacefully and politely, and if you refuse I'll invade and kill you. 

All Putin wanted is peace!

Lol that's the funniest joke of 2024. He can stay out of Ukraine now if he withdraws his troops.

But hey, I'm getting quite bored with this kind of debate. You have fundamental disagreement with our values and ways of life, I don't think I can change your mind or something. Enjoy snow in Moscow. 

https://youtu.be/1fsMqYqHnN0?si=qallJFC3CZCpustz

1 minute ago, Petra said:

mmmm… not a lot gets said about how China is working it’s way through Africa with lots of money and promises…..🤔😮

What do we offer? Debt and war?

All of a sudden "western media" had become reliable sources of truth from USA-backed propagandist machines. It's that kind of flexibility that always amazes.

11 minutes ago, Gruff said:

True and I get that. however lets look at Africa to see what European values brought to them?

I have a hundred trillion European values (from 2008) Zimbambwe (Rhodesia, whateva) we taught the natives.

I'm sure there are thousands of other similar dollar banknotes to remind them how much to trust us and our 'western' value systems..

Edited by JohnA1

Everybody knows the war is over / Everybody knows the good guys lost
                               Everybody knows the boat is leaking / Everybody knows the captain lied..   Be seeing you2 sm.jpg

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”

2 minutes ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

All of a sudden "western media" had become reliable sources of truth from USA-backed propagandist machines. It's that kind of flexibility that always amazes.

😂😂 they aren't reporting that now though are they? Acting like ot didn't happen. Believe what you want even if the fact slap you in the face.

In just over a decade, about a quarter of a billion Indians are expected to reach adulthood and join the workforce, a development economists expect to be beneficial for Indian economic growth. But this could also be remarkably good news for gold investors:

https://schiffgold.com/commentaries/the-indian-youth-bulge-and-demand-for-gold/

Edited by Chronos

9 minutes ago, Richard82 said:

😂😂 they aren't reporting that now though are they? Acting like ot didn't happen. Believe what you want even if the fact slap you in the face.

I've never thought CNN was an organisation with integrity. They don't really have a consistent set of principles.

Does that justify St. Putin's invasion? And you have problems with American military bases which they use to invade murderous regimes? It is a question of side for you after all, because you don't really have a consistent set of principles either. 

Again, Putin can get out of Ukraine now if he withdraws his troops. Better still, he can resign as Russian president to get out of whatever mess he has created. But I guess he would not dare it as ex-dictators without power don't tend to do very well afterwards.

It's such a waste of time. I placed you in my ignore list. Wear it like a badge.

49 minutes ago, Jake0111 said:

Dont know why that reminded me of this 

I must keep getting lost, as I keep trying to get to the NBS, but find myself stumbling onto the Gold Monitoring Cryptocurrency  T.V license Politics Plantagenet Pen Thread.

The inferior man argues about his rights, while the superior man imposes duties upon himself.

He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Every act of beauty is a revolt against the modern world.

37 minutes ago, Lyrinn said:

I must keep getting lost, as I keep trying to get to the NBS, but find myself stumbling onto the Gold Monitoring Cryptocurrency  T.V license Politics Plantagenet Pen Thread.

Oh, I missed the stuff about pens...

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

1 hour ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

I've never thought CNN was an organisation with integrity. They don't really have a consistent set of principles.

Does that justify St. Putin's invasion? And you have problems with American military bases which they use to invade murderous regimes? It is a question of side for you after all, because you don't really have a consistent set of principles either. 

Again, Putin can get out of Ukraine now if he withdraws his troops. Better still, he can resign as Russian president to get out of whatever mess he has created. But I guess he would not dare it as ex-dictators without power don't tend to do very well afterwards.

It's such a waste of time. I placed you in my ignore list. Wear it like a badge.

Have any of the country's that America has "removed a murderous dictator " worked out? 😂😂 America to save the world and bomb, kill and conquer all based on lies 🙈 how did Afghanistan go? Taliban gone or still in power with billions of military equipment? 😂😂

America does what suits America and applies law and your "western values " when it suits them.

8 minutes ago, Richard82 said:

your "western values " when it suits them.

I'm assuming that you're not "western" and that you don't subscribe to quotes "western values".  Which values do you subscribe to out of interest?  Other than gold of course which we're all keeping a keen eye on in this thread of course.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

2 minutes ago, silversky said:

I'm assuming that you're not "western" and that you don't subscribe to quotes "western values".  Which values do you subscribe to out of interest?  Other than gold of course which we're all keeping a keen eye on in this thread of course.

I don't think any country has any values worth anything at the moment ( maybe Ireland or south Africa. 

Close family values. 

But what I don't subscribe to is lies about what history is. No ccoloniser has left a country better and wealthier. It was to steal. Are values are no better or worse than anyone else.

Just now, Petra said:

Friday night …… anything happening with gold 🤔😮anywhere….. anyone?🤔😮🫢😳😳

It's gone up 

1 minute ago, Richard82 said:

I don't think any country has any values worth anything at the moment ( maybe Ireland or south Africa. 

Close family values. 

But what I don't subscribe to is lies about what history is. No ccoloniser has left a country better and wealthier. It was to steal. Are values are no better or worse than anyone else.

It's gone up 

Oh a question....I have A gold 1oz Krugerrand and was thinking of selling it and getting X4 sovereign coins. 

What would you do keep it or trade it?