• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

4 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Let me know if you want to sell it....

Serves me right for being too lazy to look through the Trial of the Pyx coins on RM website, I definitely missed out!

It would be interesting to know what these are worth if they are indeed the only eight in existence (or ever likely to be!)

2 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

It would be interesting to know what these are worth if they are indeed the only eight in existence (or ever likely to be!)

They would definitely fetch decent prices at auctions once buyers/collectors become aware of them. And the fact that they are Trial of the Pyx, have that official stamp of approval, should enhance their value.

Edited by goldmember44

3 hours ago, paulmerton said:

There's also the unreleased 1oz! (Still available!).

And the 2022 1/4oz wasn't released either was it? But it had been in previous years, so that's not as exciting.

Buddy thanks for the reminder, nabbed the last 1oz!

Just now, BullionBuyerUK said:

So far, that's 1, 6, 7, and 8 all on this forum. Perhaps we should start a "pieces of 8" secret group!  

And 5.

I suspect most of the sales were a result of me posting it on here! One of them may have already been sold in the US auctions, not sure.

If you look at what happened with the pig privy britannias (which were also produced for a pension fund), I wouldn't be surprised if these gold tenths are already worth somewhere in the region of 700-1000.

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

And 5.

I suspect most of the sales were a result of me posting it on here! One of them may have already been sold in the US auctions, not sure.

If you look at what happened with the pig privy britannias (which were also produced for a pension fund), I wouldn't be surprised if these gold tenths are already worth somewhere in the region of 700-1000.

Well thanks for the prompt on these. 

Shame one may have gone to the US, will make the annual pieces of 8 meet up a little more difficult 

6 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

And 5.

wow really??

4 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

Well thanks for the prompt on these. 

Shame one may have gone to the US, will make the annual pieces of 8 meet up a little more difficult 

they can come to us. any further info on that would be helpful.

21 minutes ago, oddball said:

who will sell first. its a hard one. would anyone take 700 now. or potentially way higher. 

These could end up being the only 1/10oz gold standards in public hands, ever. You'd be foolish to sell for that low imho, and it's only likely to be worth more over time if no others manifest themselves.

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

These could end up being the only 1/10oz gold standards in public hands, ever. You'd be foolish to sell for that low imho, and it's only likely to be worth more over time if no others manifest themselves.

How much did the mint sell them for?

6 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

On the basis that none of the 2022 Gold Standard coins seem to have been released for sale, all the denominations should do well in the future 

22 minutes ago, DanPie said:

Just got mitts on mine so will out myself as another member the pieces of 8 club :)  Number 3 for the 1/10 and 6 of 6 for the half ounce.

No 1/10th but number 4 for the 1/2........half dozen club a little more exclusive 😏

6 minutes ago, JamesH said:

So that’s 1, 3, 5, 6, 7 & 8 confirmed on TSF for the tenths. Putting a call out for numbers 2 & 4…come in…broadsword calling Danny boy

#2 of 8 sold in the US auction. Someone here must have #4 I reckon :D 

I'm still slightly more excited by the silver 1oz Roosevelt and Churchill coins though, as they are a one-off design that had never been released.

Just now, paulmerton said:

#2 of 8 sold in the US auction. Someone here must have #4 I reckon :D 

I'm still slightly more excited by the silver 1oz Roosevelt and Churchill coins though, as they are a one-off design that had never been released.

I had no6 on that one 🤗

The silver tenfold club?

17135446199121327571164125596231.jpg