• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

So, who got a grufallo?

lightjaw

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, danmc82 said:

TBF my snowman were delivered 1.5 days after purchase.

Mine next day too however, it just goes to show the length of time you can actually wait for an order to be fulfilled.  

I think shipping time is particularly pertinent to those who buy to flip. I always cringe when I see listings on eBay straight after release- I think some sellers are being disingenuous by not disclosing to the buyer they might not get there Coin (s) for a significant period of time- it’s not really acceptable to casually write ‘I’ll ship out as soon as I receive...’ 

14 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Mine next day too however, it just goes to show the length of time you can actually wait for an order to be fulfilled.  

I think shipping time is particularly pertinent to those who buy to flip. I always cringe when I see listings on eBay straight after release- I think some sellers are being disingenuous by not disclosing to the buyer they might not get there Coin (s) for a significant period of time- it’s not really acceptable to casually write ‘I’ll ship out as soon as I receive...’ 

I agree. It's a shame many people fall for it though. Or they're just to lazy to get the coin themselves.

11 hours ago, lightjaw said:

I beg to differ with this one. It has the child appeal factor which I think will see it command a premium at least for 6 months or so. These are exactly the kind of thing parents would buy for children, unlike the snowman which I think is hampered by the seasonality of it. I think it comes down to if this sells out in the silver version. If it sells out today, I can see £250+ on eBay by next week. There seems to be that kind of Buzz around it, and the last time I saw that was with Peter rabbit.

Could also be completely wrong.

Give it 6 months this is a £30 coin! Who is buying their children £60 silver 50ps? Youll find with royal mint latest release flip and strike whilst the iron is hot as it does cool down! 

19 minutes ago, Marc said:

Grufallo? I thought it was a Diane Abbott coin?

What a silly ****ing bitch. I would buy a coin her fat face on it OR the ISIS Bride. Cor the things I would do to that!

3 hours ago, richatthecroft said:

Ha! My Proof Silver 50th Anniversary of the 50p set has just shipped today- ordered 16th January! 

Haha the same happened to me. I ordered a Proof Gruffalo and then an hour later I get a shipping notification - I thought it was to quick!

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

Just logged into my RM account to see that my gold proof and 2 silver proof order has been cancelled! 

I have an email confirmation with the order number, but thought it was odd that I hadn’t received a confirmation to say it had been dispatched!

Gutted - what a fiasco 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Just logged into my RM account to see that my gold proof and 2 silver proof order has been cancelled! 

I have an email confirmation with the order number, but thought it was odd that I hadn’t received a confirmation to say it had been dispatched!

Gutted - what a fiasco 

Not even an apology email? Did they take payment?

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

@Mike actually cancelled, or just moved to Closed?

Quite a few people (myself included) seem to be reporting the latter, with the payment showing as 'pending' at the bank.

No one seems to have had an official cancellation email as such though. So not sure what that means...

18 minutes ago, longplay said:

@Mike actually cancelled, or just moved to Closed?

Quite a few people (myself included) seem to be reporting the latter, with the payment showing as 'pending' at the bank.

No one seems to have had an official cancellation email as such though. So not sure what that means...

My order was also moved to closed with no dispatch email or anything, but today I received the package in the post

OK - Just checked mine definitely says “cancelled” not closed.  I will phone RM customer services and update...

Added 0 minutes later...
48 minutes ago, creative said:

Not even an apology email? Did they take payment?

No payment has been deducted from my card

Hi All..

just talked to the mint...in my case, the one in my closed account is a no-go!😢

The one showing as open should be fine, suggested it was on its way to despatch and only then will my card get debited!

I am still not counting any 🐓 🐓 

What this does suggest..A lot of people selling on EBay based on an order confirmation, are not going to be able to fulfill their contracts!

OK - I have an update and it might not be all bad news...It seems my RM account manager had already allocated 1 gold and 2 silver proofs to my account hence the order I made online to the same address was cancelled.  However, they haven’t debited my card yet...Wish I’d known, would have saved me a very stressful night! I’ll confirm for sure once I have confirmation

Archived