• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

THE 65TH ANN. OF THE CORONATION OF HM QUEEN 2018 STRUCK ON THE DAY FULL GOLD SOVEREIGN

fehk2001

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, augur said:

Arrived today:

IMG_7945.thumb.JPG.f8ee2fdd379e1f16cdf97158c4f64217.JPG

surprisingly solid packaging for the UK, too:

IMG_7944.thumb.JPG.86a1c5a537920c43f87909b622c85510.JPG

This looks to me like a very, very nice package, tastefully put together.  

I’m starting to kick myself for not purchasing...for me, I was saving to buy a ‘special’ Sovereign and this came along at the time I had saved up a similar amount of cash.  It was a toss of a coin decision where I spent my cash and the coin fell on the side of the 2005 Proof Sovereign I bought.  

In hindsight I might have been better to have bought this one and saved up all over again for the 2005. 

Well done to all who took the plunge, tiny mintage and should do well.  Better still, a nice investment to own. 

6 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

When will the first one come up for sale?? And how much for

Bidding on eBay starts at £575, offers below £660 - these guys must have £1 offers available to them to make it worthwhile. 

Two Plain Edge SotD coins listed on Ebay -

1. Bidding starts @ £575

2. Bidding starts @ £600

I don't think there are any £1 Seller deals on at the moment - they normally finish Monday midnight.

It will be interesting to see how many out of 650 get re-cycled - flipped.  I'm keeping mine boxed for now!

17 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Was it the same with e.g. the 2017 SotD Pistrucci?

The Pistrucci SotD came in the proof presentation packaging with a screw type capsule. Don't own any other Sotd, though. 

17 hours ago, augur said:

The Pistrucci SotD came in the proof presentation packaging with a screw type capsule. Don't own any other Sotd, though. 

Ah that one came boxed like a proof as well, whereas this one's similar packaging to the Feb and Royal Wedding ones last year, I would then guess those had the same kind of caps.

Not the best idea when the caps come loose in transit.

Yes an utterly bad show from the Mint @Numistacker, well highlighted. Having the last four in my basket online while talking to them on the phone and being given the option between phone or internet order for those same four coins, only to go with internet (as I was already checking out), and then internet orders (even my one from earlier in the day!) but not phone ones being cancelled...well I was fuming.

A couple of questions for you please before I visit Heritage for grading:

1) Are we confident that NGC will grade these as MS DPL this time from the off?

2) When did the Mint first use these caps rather than the screw-tights, do you know? I had assumed (see my earlier post) that those were used for the Sapphire and Wedding Anniversaries last year as this one follows those presentations, but it sounds from your vid that that was an incorrect assumption?

13 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Yes an utterly bad show from the Mint @Numistacker, well highlighted. Having the last four in my basket online while talking to them on the phone and being given the option between phone or internet order for those same four coins, only to go with internet (as I was already checking out), and then internet orders (even my one from earlier in the day!) but not phone ones being cancelled...well I was fuming.

A couple of questions for you please before I visit Heritage for grading:

1) Are we confident that NGC will grade these as MS DPL this time from the off?

2) When did the Mint first use these caps rather than the screw-tights, do you know? I had assumed (see my earlier post) that those were used for the Sapphire and Wedding Anniversaries last year as this one follows those presentations, but it sounds from your vid that that was an incorrect assumption?

I don’t think I noticed the exact time that they swapped over and I don’t believe that they will stop using screw capsules for the main Sovereign release. They seem to be using these things on the periphery and I’ve also noticed that for some of the larger Silver coins which used to come in screw caps now also come in the cheaper capsules as well .

Stunning idiocy for The RM to have hi tech processing and manufacturing to then cheapskate at the end on something as trivial as a piece of plastic....utterly moronic and unprofessional.

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

Stunning idiocy for The RM to have hi tech processing and manufacturing to then cheapskate at the end on something as trivial as a piece of plastic....utterly moronic and unprofessional.

They always surprise us beyond belief with their incompetence! Time after time you think 'they can never do worse than that last lot' and yet they always somehow manage to surpass even the most pessimistic of expectations!

Astonishing.

I bet the one reserved for Queen Elizabeth II herself waan’t treated so shoddily right at the delivery/presentation stage. seriously, some manager, senior level person  needs firing.

A year or so ago, when I made a fuss, they packaged the same way with lots of styrofoam pellets etc.

. I recommend that you be pro active with them and demand better packaging BEFORE the RM sends out.

Archived