• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

200 Anniversary "Strike on the day" Sovereign

westminstrel

2 hours ago, Kman said:

Hey Lizzie

Do you have a rough timeline of when you might expect to receive the BU sovereigns from the Royal Mint?

I bought one from yourselves you see :D 

Seems like you aren't too popular with the ladies :D 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ChardLizzie said:

Hi, thank you for all the recommendations. It has been very hectic this week. If any forum members need a fast response, please send me a notification or a DM as sometimes I get a 'little swamped' and might miss the query. Lubi - I can't get hold of you, your emails keep bouncing back.

If you want to be the first to hear about new products from us you are best to sign up to our mailing list. We try to offer our customers a saving on the RM's RRP, which doesn't always go down well with the RM, but there is usually a several week wait until we receive the stock. If you want coins immediately you would be better to pay the higher prices and buy direct from the RM.  We had anticipated high demand for the three new coins released on Monday and were rather disappointed by the low allocations that we managed to secure. We could have sold these coins five times over as I'm sure The Royal Mint could have too. We are negotiating a couple of smaller allocations for the £5 BU coin and the Strike on the Day sovereign, as soon as we have some definite news we will be contacting everyone who has registered their interest. We are still waiting for a definite confirmation on the Piedfort Sovereign, again as soon as we have news we will be in touch with people on the list.
Whilst we usually ask for more than we will be allocated, it is sometimes quite difficult to gauge exactly how popular new products will be and occasionally we do get caught out and get a larger allocation than we sell. (Don't mention the Prince George 2nd Birthday silver proof £5 coin to Lawrence, we still have boxes of them!). 

We're always happy to help, just give us a shout - you might have to shout loudly as every time someone in the showroom says Lesley, I think they're saying Lizzie. The joys of getting older :)

Here is the link to register your interest online with Chard https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/101 I might not be 1st to sign up, I might be not be last either ;)

16 hours ago, Kman said:

Hey Lizzie

Do you have a rough timeline of when you might expect to receive the BU sovereigns from the Royal Mint?

I bought one from yourselves you see :D 

They are striking them today, we usually receive new products 2-3 weeks after they release them. Looking forward to seeing them.

50 minutes ago, shawy2510 said:

Adding an extra sov to try & make more money whilst the new BU's are being minted.

"Coin Portfolio Management does not offer them as an investment and makes no guarantees in terms of future value."

Sticking a bullion sovereign in a holder with a stamp and doubling the price might no make it hold it's sale price value, shocking lol. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Hi Lizzie.
For a couple of days the Strike on the Day was for sale on Chards site and you could "Buy and Pay". Now there is a "list".
If you bought and paid, will we get them? or is it still a wait and see?

9 minutes ago, Numistracker said:

Hi Lizzie.
For a couple of days the Strike on the Day was for sale on Chards site and you could "Buy and Pay". Now there is a "list".
If you bought and paid, will we get them? or is it still a wait and see?

Numistracker :huh:

I'm not associated with Chards of course, but I'm 99.99999% sure if you bought and paid you will get your coin

They're probably just offering people a list in case anyone cancels or returns their coin. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

33 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

To anyone who has ordered this coin from the Royal Mint, have you got a confirmation email yet? My order status says "Held".

I received the confirmation email immediately after my order, and currently when I log in to the Royal Mint site it shows under open orders as an order in process. I'm in the US, and my card has not yet been charged (this is normal though, they do not process the payment until shipment, at least with international orders). 

As a follow-up, I have never seen my order status as "held" before. If nobody in the forum has experience with this, I would definitely contact the mint. Sometimes to avoid the high cost of an international call, I've used the "Contact Us" form on their site. During business hours, they have always been extremely responsive, so that might be a good option if your calls to the UK cost as much as mine. Good luck!!

Held means it's ok probably. One of mine was held and that meant held because coins had not been struck yet.

IMG_4799.PNG

I hope they took extra care when striking my three yesterday. Looking forward to seeing them.

7 hours ago, Numistacker said:

Held means it's ok probably. One of mine was held and that meant held because coins had not been struck yet.

IMG_4799.PNG

I hope they took extra care when striking my three yesterday. Looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks Numi. I'll contact them today and hopefully everything's alright. That picture looks so beautiful. It is the plain edge version isn't it? I hope the actual coins are as lovely too.

On 7/2/2017 at 23:34, westminstrel said:

Okay thanks for your responses. I'll follow up and let you all know what happens. I hope all's okay :(

Seems everything is alright. I received a prompt email response to my query - apparently "Held" means it's being "held for packaging". Hope they pack it properly as I'm half a world away :) Thanks @Lr103 and @Numistacker for your help and suggestions.

13 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Seems everything is alright. I received a prompt email response to my query - apparently "Held" means it's being "held for packaging". Hope they pack it properly as I'm half a world away :) Thanks @Lr103 and @Numistacker for your help and suggestions.

I'm so glad to hear it!! :)  Mine still says "shipping within three weeks", but I think I got my order in at the very end...

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

Wouldn't it be awesome if you got COA 1817? :D

That would be great!!  I'm guessing these interesting COAs would be marginally more marketable.  However, I'll be happy just get my coin in hand with any COA number.

Archived