• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Boring question

A capsule is like a:

- Condom

- Nodder

- French Letter

- Jonny

- Sheath

- Banana Burka

- Kitten Mitten

- One fingered glove

It stops those awful discolourations…

So I am told by good friends. 

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

3 hours ago, dicker said:

A capsule is like a:

- Condom

- Nodder

- French Letter

- Jonny

- Sheath

- Banana Burka

- Kitten Mitten

- One fingered glove

It stops those awful discolourations…

So I am told by good friends. 

Best

Dicker

But @dicker by that logic, if you don’t put them in a ‘capsule’ then you get another sovereign 9 months later?

You’ve just got on average 18 years to pay for it. 😆

.999 au coins can easily be scratched, so I put them in capsules if they don't come with one.

If they come in mint packaging ie. Sealed in plastic sleeve, then it'll leave them as they are.

This is except for the copper pennies sovereigns, where they rattle and jangle about even in 22mm capsules.

With these, I place them into a coin sleeve where it holds four like this.

20200624_125336_edit_122940057518568.thumb.jpg.9cb4b827c8d478b2ae7b824508cdfa72.jpg

Posted (edited)

1 oz Britannia's are 999.9 ... more easily scratched and if scratched you may be offered less when sold. Being the same as London Delivery bars you may get more than 'impure' Sovs, that require some nasty chemicals processing that gives off bad gases in order to refine to 999.9.

40mm plastic waste pipe with paper separation/packaging between each and you may get 60 coins per 6 inches length, 400 in a metre length.

For home storage ... end capped and buried in private rear garden, or internally blended in https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/575475658620778446/ Self insure, no safe. To (in) hand grab and run element/amount (a pending/ongoing invasion or whatever). For other amounts, plastic sleeves and safety deposit box. For yet other amounts Bullionvault/PAXG/ETF whatever (foreign vaults).

Past times self insure/storage https://duckduckgo.com/?q=louis+writing+desk+with+secret+compartments&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3X76u7A-7x0

Edited by Bratnia

6 hours ago, Foster88 said:

But @dicker by that logic, if you don’t put them in a ‘capsule’ then you get another sovereign 9 months later?

You’ve just got on average 18 years to pay for it. 😆

18 years? ….. more like a lifetime 🤔😮

• 2 weeks later...