• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Another in the Kilo Club

25 minutes ago, Petra said:

May not have other investments as such, however, a heck of a way to supplement pensions 🤔😮

Well I'd say a mortgage free home and a work pension would be minimum.  A kilo of gold is say £60,000 which would give approximately £3,000 pa in a cash isa.  As they say gold pays no interest.  But it has advantages.  You can hide it from governments, pass on quietly to family, spend it gradually as and when needed.  Probably won't give you 100% security as there is always the worry it could be stolen.  The problem is its incredibly addictive , and i think quite a few of us have bought more than what we should have and had to resell to pay for emergencies.  In my case a new roof . 

8 minutes ago, pricha said:

Well I'd say a mortgage free home and a work pension would be minimum.  A kilo of gold is say £60,000 which would give approximately £3,000 pa in a cash isa.  As they say gold pays no interest.  But it has advantages.  You can hide it from governments, pass on quietly to family, spend it gradually as and when needed.  Probably won't give you 100% security as there is always the worry it could be stolen.  The problem is its incredibly addictive , and i think quite a few of us have bought more than what we should have and had to resell to pay for emergencies.  In my case a new roof . 

Well I have one of your list! Always a good idea though to have a decent roof🤔🌧️🌧️😁

Congratulations @Skyfillerand thank you for sharing this achievement with TSF!

It must be an incredible feeling looking at that gorgeous stack. 👌🏼

Great motivational post for us stackers still grinding to get to our own personal targets.

Will you be taking a break from stacking or shall you continue as you are? I hope it’s the latter. 😁

2KG the next milestone target??? 😎

4 hours ago, Sparky99 said:

1kg in 3 years fair play smashed your goal!

Do you have date runs or just random? 

Great achievement well done 🫡

Tended to stay away from the numismatic side of things but just out of probability some runs are appearing. This just shows bullion (top box) or proof (middle box) and also shows half’s (bottom box) as I’ve stumbled over a few on the journey. They are a mix of mints.

IMG_1162.thumb.jpeg.daacc9853093dfd08ecd5bbe559b0439.jpeg

4 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

This is so impressive I'd like to congratulate you in person by shaking your hand. What did you say your address was again?

There's a safe deposit locker box  visible in OP so it's well protected behind vault doors I assume 

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

There's a safe deposit locker box  visible in OP so it's well protected behind vault doors I assume 

🤔recognise the company 🔥👀😁

51 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yup. For some reason the cost really grates me but is a necessity. I just have to tell myself that without it, I wouldn’t be collecting and would’ve pissed it up the wall so the benefit outweighs the price.

5 minutes ago, Skyfiller said:

Yup. For some reason the cost really grates me but is a necessity. I just have to tell myself that without it, I wouldn’t be collecting and would’ve pissed it up the wall so the benefit outweighs the price.

I see it as a very reasonable price for peace to sleep soundly at night,knowing that someone else will be the end of a sawn off or machete if the fecal matter ever hit the rotary oscillator 

I also have a back up pen drives of data/photos, crypto cold storage long term wallet, a few personal bits. 

A deposit box is good value IMO 

Who always feels a little bit Bond or Jason Bourne when they visit their stack behind closed doors ?

Edited by Paul

5 hours ago, Paul said:

Well Done ! 1kg is a nice milestone to achieve

Aside, myself as a bit of a Dull Mans Club OCD freak who likes logic, order, tidiness, familiarity, minimalism and clutter free life, i much approve your arrangement and storage method. Maximising safe deposit real estate space, is all the more pleasing so you don't over pay for a larger safe deposit locker you don't need   

I agree with a lot of this, Paul, especially your last comment. I’m guessing (perhaps wrongly) that you haven’t paid off a mortgage though and hold the deeds to your property? For peace of mind I decided to splash out on a 10 inch wide safe deposit box to store my deeds rather than filing them somewhere inconspicuous in the house. 

Plenty of room for the slabs etc now in my larger box and some spare room if you want me to store some of your nice 2oz gold pieces there?  😁

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

3 hours ago, Skyfiller said:

Really wish I was introduced to this way of saving 25 years ago. 

All together now….. 🎼And so say most of us !

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I see it as a very reasonable price for peace to sleep soundly at night,knowing that someone else will be the end of a sawn off or machete if the fecal matter ever hit the rotary oscillator 

I also have a back up pen drives of data/photos, crypto cold storage long term wallet, a few personal bits. 

A deposit box is good value IMO 

Who always feels a little bit Bond or Jason Bourne when they visit their stack behind closed doors ?

The nearest safe deposit place for me is realistically London .  I can just imagine walking the side streets of that wonderful save city and it's lovely people with a rucksack full of gold sovereigns .

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Little and often. Builds your core stack.

My "best value" gold bought in the good old +3% over spot from HGM has nicely doubled and a bit on top, also some lovely always reasonable purchases from @arshimo2012 here on the forum in the early days.

Good foundations always make for solid decisions 

As i learn, I'm now " quality over quantity " pf70 coffins of big gold 5sov or 2oz gold

Hopefully 3-4 large perfect purchases a year will pay dividends in my twilight years in a few decades time

Some Perfect proofs are at bargain prices at the moment.

My last £5 five sov memorial sovereign pf70 for £3000

Less than RRP ! These are totally stunning 

I'll add it with the others and worry about the current dip in a 25years time 

🤔well said👍