• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I don’t believe in silver

My personal opinion I really don’t believe in silver doing anything for future wealth with investment 💰 I think silver is more collecting because you like look of coin/bar 

what’s everyone’s opinion ?

11 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

You maybe right. 

Got a few proof coins/sets on show and a handfull of bullion stashed away.

Just try for gold when i can afford it now.

I have a couple also Una and the lion because it’s unbelievable how good the detail is in it and a Kongo one as the gorilla looks unreal but other than that I think it’s a waste of money  

Just now, Tn21 said:

I do think silver pieces will appreciate it value over the medium to long term. 

If you believe gold will go higher then make no mistakes so to will silver to a degree 

Silver has started to outperform Gold recently, this trend is in early stages imo

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Mints do such much more in silver collectables. Better designs and variety (excluding RM). 
Stacking, not so much.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

7 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Silver has started to outperform Gold recently, this trend is in early stages imo

Well I really hope with this outlook your buying a tube a week because your gonna need very strong suitcases to get that out of here 👌

4 minutes ago, NGMD said:

Mints do such much more in silver collectables. Better designs and variety (excluding RM). 
Stacking, not so much.

So true some of the designs are amazing 🤩 

5 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

book-of-mormon-andrew-rannells.gif

😂😂😂😂😂 legend 

11 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

I do think silver pieces will appreciate in value over the medium to long term. 

If you believe gold will go higher then make no mistakes so to will silver to a degree 

Yes I don’t disagree but I don’t think it will ever go high enuff to change anyone’s later life or help in a serious emergency 

1 minute ago, BipolarStacker said:

Yes I don’t disagree but I don’t think it will ever go high enuff to change anyone’s later life or help in a serious emergency 

I don't think gold will either  👀

Edited by Tn21

Just now, Tn21 said:

I don't think gold will either  👀

Well I ain’t on about a single coin in either silver or gold but like if I buy a sovereign every week for the next 25 years I can sit back and not worry about anything financially 

57 minutes ago, BipolarStacker said:

My personal opinion I really don’t believe in silver doing anything for future wealth with investment 💰 I think silver is more collecting because you like look of coin/bar 

what’s everyone’s opinion ?

I view silver now as a trading vehicle rather than a buy and hold item. 
Buy low (at what ever rate it gets too) sell high (usually a guess). 

The one thing i have seen is it gets pumped up but does not last long. 
It could break out and go to the moon, but also it could just reach higher lows over time - which it has done. 

Anyone that bought at £10 an ounce is not doing badly, but inflation/living costs should be taken into consideration. 
Someone that bought and then sold at approximately the right time (over and over) is laughing. ;) 

Doing this and buying gold or other investments with the money makes sense to me.
For now anyway until im proved otherwise.

GDXJ is not a bad shout though as it has a lot of silver miners. & a low risk if bought under $30. 
Copper & uranium make a better speculation if you ask me - especially the Sprott ETF. 

Edited by Stacktastic

Doesn't believe in silver...

Joins Silver Forum...   (the home of imaginary metals, such as Silver, & Mithril).

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

4 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

I view silver now as a trading vehicle rather than a buy and hold item. 
Buy low (at what ever rate it gets too) sell high (usually a guess). 

The one thing i have seen is it gets pumped up but does not last long. 
It could break out and go to the moon, but also it could just reach higher lows over time - which it has done. 

Anyone that bought at £10 an ounce is not doing badly, but inflation/living costs should be taken into consideration. 
Someone that bought and then sold at approximately the right times is laughing. ;) 

Doing this and buying gold or other investments with the money makes sense to me.
For now anyway until im proved otherwise.

GDXJ is not a bad shout though as it has a lot of silver miners. 
Copper & uranium make a better speculation if you ask me - especially the Sprott ETF. 

Best reply goes to you and this my friend makes perfect sense 👌

4 minutes ago, Earthmetal said:

Doesn't believe in silver...

Joins Silver Forum...   (the home of imaginary metals, such as Silver, & Mithril).

Joined silver forum for gold you keyboard warrior it’s my opinion and people like you I’d love this debate in person see where the  cockiness gets you 

Just now, Earthmetal said:

Calm down.

I’m calm trust me but my opinion is what Iv said above no need for your cockiness over a forum wudnt be possible in person so don’t do it 

1 hour ago, BipolarStacker said:

you like look of coin/bar 

On a more jovial note - having a few KG bars of silver is something special to hold. 
My 10 ounce queens beasts are a real treasure in thier presentation box. :) 
If they become worthless then they are still just as special to me. 

Just now, Stacktastic said:

On a more jovial note - having a few KG bars of silver is something special to hold. 
My 10 ounce queens beasts are a real treasure in thier presentation box. :) 
If they become worthless then they are still just as special to me. 

I agree mate I think the designs are special and the craft man ship it’s out of this world and yes a few kg would be amazing and yes I would love a few kg of silver but my point is I’d rather stack towards a few kg of gold 

Just now, SiCole said:

I keep a couple of kilos of silver just incase i need to put some local yupees windows through. Other than that theres no use for it.

😂😂 this made me laugh 

ye maybe I need to grab a bar tonight for this reason alone 

what a legend