• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I don’t believe in silver

11 minutes ago, BipolarStacker said:

I’d rather stack towards a few kg of gold 

sovs or britts (depending on the budget) on the dips make sense to me going forward. :) 
Gold mining stocks are the best investment for leverage on gold IMO

unless its a battlefield situation or things suddenly get very bad. 
Thats when a box of SOV's & a few tubes of Brits will keep you alive. 

Edited by Stacktastic

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Well I'm in year 8 of a 5 year plan 😆 but silver got me hooked on metals and will always have a place in my stack. It only needs to double in price and I'll be happy with my outlay. I think silver hits £40 oz before gold hits £3600+ ( although neither metal may ever achieve those targets )

I could get out of silver entirely right now with my shirt on and a little profit, but something just makes me keep buying. 

Year 8 of your 5 year plan haha that sounds right mate so do you stack silver over gold or are you more gold and a little silver along the way 

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Well I'm in year 8 of a 5 year plan 😆 but silver got me hooked on metals and will always have a place in my stack. It only needs to double in price and I'll be happy with my outlay. I think silver hits £40 oz before gold hits £3600+ ( although neither metal may ever achieve those targets )

I could get out of silver entirely right now with my shirt on and a little profit, but something just makes me keep buying. 

Truth right there.

Mainly because he’s in a relationship with @stefffana and doesn’t like upsetting the missus.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

Just now, Stacktastic said:

sovs or britts (depending on the budget) on the dips make sense to me going forward. :) 

Ye I stacked gold for a year or so buying 1/10th and sovereign every week then I sold so I didn’t see much profit (yes I hate myself for this) but I’m back at it and I’m going full hammer this time as I love the history of the sovereigns gets me thinking lol 

1 minute ago, NGMD said:

Truth right there.

Mainly because he’s in a relationship with @stefffana and doesn’t like upsetting the missus.

Believe me if I was single I’d buy 2 sovereigns a week but I have to explain to missus although she kinda gets it now so I may be fine 😂

1 minute ago, BipolarStacker said:

Believe me if I was single I’d buy 2 sovereigns a week but I have to explain to missus although she kinda gets it now so I may be fine 😂

Are you past the classic lie ‘It’s only silver being delivered luv’? #moresovereigns😁😁

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

Just now, NGMD said:

Are you past the classic lie ‘It’s only silver being delivered luv’? #moresovereigns😁😁

No I find myself before sending payment explaining to her the history of gold and if I was to leave my money in bank I’d would go no where lol but she just says do what you want so I think she’s on 😂

Just now, James32 said:

Was entirely silver until 2 years ago, then started stacking gold. That bug bit very deeply 😆 so now I'm heavy on both metals. But speaking solely in £ terms, I've around 5 time's more gold than silver. I don't have any special ratio tbh, if it’s a good price whether silver or gold, I'm likely to buy.

Fair enuff James I do like silver coins I look at them then look at buying a tube then I think well if I spend this amount on a sovereign and a 1/10th I’m better off believe me if I had the will power I’d buy lots of tubes but I can not bring myself to buy it 😂

No I find myself before sending payment explaining to her the history of gold and if I was to leave my money in bank I’d would go no where lol but she just says do what you want so I think she’s on 😂

She’s a keeper.

Shes plotting your demise. You know that right?

-Royal Mint 2024

1 minute ago, NGMD said:

She’s a keeper.

Shes plotting your demise. You know that right?

Wowza NGMD I bloody hope not 🤪

well she knows where it’s all kept so maybe she is but she’s my world so she can have it 😂

1 minute ago, Dalriada83 said:

I got into a spot of 'light' stacking just as a hobby really - I liked the look and feel of the coins and it was the coronation year with all the 'special' Brits and Sovereigns and suchlike. Then I started watching more of the podcasts - to be honest the American ones with the 'prepper' slant  made me laugh, these folks are seriously nuts, but most of the Brits are fairly sober minded with 'collectible' enthusiasm mixed in. Then I watched one too many CobraStackers and his collectible enthusiasm started to rub off - next thing I know I'm up to my arse in Germania and Perth mint limited strikes, I swear I now dream of shooting freaking Kookaburras with an F35! But as for getting rich, it's never going to happen, I'm planning on divying my collection amongst an expanding number of grand kids so it'll be their headache at the end of the day. I just enjoy the whole experience as a somewhat expensive hobby. Maybe i should have stuck to gardening but there's just not the same buzz in getting your hands on a limited edition Duchy of Cornwall watering can. 

Yes this is the thing mate I enjoy buying and with gold I don’t get enuff deliveries as I’d like but I really think I’m wasting my money if I buy silver but like you said I also watched cobra stacker and thought if he believes in it so much so should I but then I watched so many YouTube videos podcasts documentaries etc and gold really made sense to me it’s just a shame it’s weekly deliveries and not daily it’s heart breaking 😂

35 minutes ago, BipolarStacker said:

I agree mate I think the designs are special and the craft man ship it’s out of this world and yes a few kg would be amazing and yes I would love a few kg of silver but my point is I’d rather stack towards a few kg of gold 

A few kg of gold. Now there's a target to aim for. Could become an expensive hobby for ya 😆, but certainly worthwhile 😁

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

2 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

A few kg of gold. Now there's a target to aim for. Could become an expensive hobby for ya 😆, but certainly worthwhile 😁

I do not drink or take narcotics so what else will I do with my money 😂😂 as long as I have 2 holidays a year we are fine so I’m just gonna use gold as my savings account plus banks are a struggle to take your own cash out so F them 😂

Stefffana yes now this changes the hole situation me and my missus I’m 34 she is 31 and we don’t have children and carnt have them so if I had children maybe I’d buy lots of silver as it’s cheaper and easier to get bulk amount but because I don’t have anyone to leave to I’m planning my own retirement I earn pretty good money and I’m aware my industry I won’t be doing when I’m 60 so I have 26 years to get out the rat race which I do not want to be in when I’m 60 I’d like to stop at 50 to be honest 

Yes, everything depends on personal circumstances and preferences.

Doesn't matter what metal is, if suits your needs it is the best one.

Just buy it!🤗

1 hour ago, BipolarStacker said:

Well I ain’t on about a single coin in either silver or gold but like if I buy a sovereign every week for the next 25 years I can sit back and not worry about anything financially 

I think if you can buy a sovereign every week for the next 25 years, I would say you are already doing pretty well now, so your future should be fine.

Regarding silver in physical form, I hold less than 100oz and I be surprised if I would double that amount within 5 years.  It is enough just to say I have some.

Never Chase and Never Regret 

Yes jack definitely and I have read we as humans may have already mined 80% off the worlds gold and with satellite technology scanning mountains for the other 20% I can honestly see this going sky high in price so get it all now while I can 

That's a really valid point pal, there's only a finite amount so once it's all been mined then the supply is no more, but the demand will always be there.

Low (or no) supply + high demand = sky high prices 🚀

In 15 - 20 years from now gold will be so valuable that if you can hold onto it you will be in a strong financial position.

The golden rule is "He who owns the gold makes the rules". I heard that in a movie so it must be true 😁

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

1 minute ago, jackflash123 said:

That's a really valid point pal, there's only a finite amount so once it's all been mined then the supply is no more, but the demand will always be there.

Low (or no) supply + high demand = sky high prices 🚀

In 15 - 20 years from now gold will be so valuable that if you can hold onto it you will be in a strong financial position.

The golden rule is "He who owns the gold makes the rules". I heard that in a movie so it must be true 😁

Movies don’t lie pal 😂

also when I first started looking into it I was looking at each country gold reserve and if the people running the world hord it and kill innocent people to invade for it then it must be important then I looked at fort Knox and it said any photos you will be shot or some terrible like that so I was like this stuff must need to be bought and collected so that’s what got me hooked as I hate the system so F them I’m doing what they do but in a really really really smaller way 🤩