• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Monster Box Silver 2022 Brits sealed

3 hours ago, theman73 said:

My offer is still up, we can settle it today, I know is lower than your requested price but you can have the money in one hour.

Hi mate thanks but can't go that much lower, if you can do £11300 it's yours

1 hour ago, Fenlander1 said:

Probably the best thing to do in the current market, you investment will only increase in time.

I feel so too, I think with the world elections around the corner and interest rates set to drop it will result in silver going up bit by bit

I'd have taken the 11k, fantastic offer.

Not going to find many people offering to buy a monster box of silver at current highs.

Good luck though 👍

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

On 16/03/2024 at 12:54, londonfella81 said:

If I can't sell the whole box thinking tubes is the only way to do it tbh

Agree. But you’re looking at about £22.5 a coin but in tubes, you will hedge yourself. You can then control volumes. 

If you did tubes of coins at £550 (or £22 a coin) sales maybe still be slow. 

A 🤔 £22 a coin (ie. if £11000 was paid) for the 500 ounce box is a great way to dump the lot though is a fair price at volume. 

Edited by Silverman2U

Just now, Silverman2U said:

Agree. But you’re looking at about £22.5 a coin if you want those to fly out. A little more than £22 a coin if £11000 was paid for the 500 ounce box. 

And if you do sell the tubes put me down for a couple. :) … no money in Brits at the moment. No movement in the market, premiums just too low. 

28 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

no money in Brits at the moment. No movement in the market, premiums just too low. 

Too many sellers so most people select whoever has the lowest price. The seller with the lowest price is not always the most, hmm, doesn't follow every rule shall we say

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

On 16/03/2024 at 12:51, arphethean said:

Unfortunately premiums on silver are currently the lowest I've ever seen them

I am selling ounces at under 15% premium and even then only slowly

I would offer £11000 for the monster box including delivery. I know that is lower than you'd like but the option is there.

Only just seen this. Bite the mans arm off!!

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

Hi @londonfella81 I think the other challenge having done due diligence is you have is you are a new member and have NO reviews at all. People will maybe not be too keen a chap that has no reviews coming around to their place. Just a thought.

And meeting up in a public place with 500 Oz of silver and the seller with a lot of cash is not idea.

On reflection unless you had someone to vouch for you it’s going to be difficult to shift. PS. Do you have proof of purchase? Where did the silver come from? I would be out till I had a little more info.

I sold 12 oz of Gold 2 weeks ago but I needed the money fast (had a juicy share I had my eye on) got it done and dusted in 45 mins all cash in Hatton Gardens with a friend of mine who has a shop there. Unfortunately they have no interest in silver 😂 am I surprised? Not in the least. I know silver is what it is.  Even spoke to silver trader who's a top block over the weekend who was helping me find a link. Bought a few bits of him. I may just keep the damn box for now as I'm taking a bit hit with these offers.

13 minutes ago, londonfella81 said:

. I may just keep the damn box for now as I'm taking a bit hit with these offers.

Sorry to hear you would taking a hit if you can afford to hold it has to be the best financially, things will turn around for the secondary market but not in the short term from what I can see.

Edited by Fenlander1

22 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Read this back again twice and then ask yourself, why did you not take the £11000 that was offered.  For a measly extra £350, you were asking, you walk away from £11k.  Makes zero sense to me.  There are silver buyers who after 16 years are still sitting on massive lose who were unlucky to have bought when it was trading at almost $50oz.  

Me, I would have taken the 11k  and moved on.  Good luck to you.

Like everything I had a minimum figure I would sell for, its not me needing the money it's the fact that I don't wanna store it due to the house sale. However, worse comes to worse I have a family member who can take care of it. 

1 hour ago, arphethean said:

I'll speak some home truths

Speaking from experience, selling at a loss is a huge psychological barrier. But hold it for two years and sell at the same price you paid you would not be breaking even, you would be losing 10%+ against inflation. So even though it feels like you've recouped your investment, you haven't really.

To be in the black with silver you'd have to sell around £25-£26. And I'm afraid that is unlikely to transpire soon. 

Silver has been a dreadful performing asset for many years due to manipulation.

Think of it like this - you lost the money when you bought it, not when you sell it. Move on and put your money into something that will work harder for you.

The past is no guide to the future. 🤓🤣

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

12 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

The past is no guide to the future. 🤓🤣

You're absolutely right and I would love nothing more than to eat my words on this. 

That's why I always say that about silver. 

Either it goes up and I'm happy or it stays on this endless plateau and I'm right. 

I've lost £100 on a single coin before, £300 on this much silver is nothing really, you'd be better off putting that 11k into a better performing asset.

Just look where silver has gone since 2011.

You could be waiting a long time.

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32