• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

At Buyers Risk

1 minute ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

Yea I think that's BS 😂. The seller is still responsible

It needs to be clarified mate.

If I buy a £400 Sov but want it sent 1st/2nd class recorded if it goes missing the seller can only claim 50 quid on insurance that’s why it’s usually SD but some sellers are offering SD and still saying at buyers risk even though it’s insured for full value.

9 minutes ago, Sovhead said:

Lots of sale and auction threads have the above when it comes to shipping and it makes me avoid them like the plague.

If a seller offers up items and I  buy and pay for shipping SD or whatever if it goes missing where do I stand?

If the seller buys SD at his/her end they’re buying a service and stating the insurance value so if it goes missing only they can claim Royal Mail for the true value but the buyer in listings takes the risk???

It depends anyone else but you would get a refund 😂 Sd im sure would be fine,its if you pay for 2nd class on a super expensive item.But does anyone really do that 😋

3 minutes ago, Petra said:

If something is sent special delivery it is the sellers responsibility. If anything goes wrong the Royal Mail will only talk to the sender. Pretty straight forward really always has been🤔🤔

Thanks for clarifying P 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Then there full of shat. How I've always done it and always known it is 'only special delivery covers bullion' and if buyer opts for that then it's down to the seller to sort any problems that arise. I have seen a few sellers stating 'still at buyers risk, tbh I'd never buy from them as they obviously don't fully know what there doing. 

👍👍

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

Then there full of shat. How I've always done it and always known it is 'only special delivery covers bullion' and if buyer opts for that then it's down to the seller to sort any problems that arise. I have seen a few sellers stating 'still at buyers risk, tbh I'd never buy from them as they obviously don't fully know what there doing. 

That’s why I’ve kept away from those sales as well mate but good to have it all spoken about and clarified for both parties 👏👏

Just now, Darr3nG said:

Do you have any examples?

It'd be interesting to hear what their interpretation is

I’m not going to spend ages trawling through threads mate James has seen them as well but they’re there 👍🏻

Just now, Sovhead said:

I’m not going to spend ages trawling through threads mate James has seen them as well but they’re there 👍🏻

I'm not doubting you, just interested in how any seller genuinely believes that SD is at "buyers' risk"

Basically.  I have a £800 pound coin but you can save a fiver if you want and I'll just pop in it in the normal post . Oh it never turned up ? Never mind that's the risk you took 😆 🤣 😂 of course its a nonsense.  I like to  add free special delivery if I sell but people are quite entitled to ask for the £7 odd it costs. 

Edited by pricha

Just now, Darr3nG said:

I'm not doubting you, just interested in how any seller genuinely believes that SD is at "buyers' risk"

I know that mate 👍🏻

1 minute ago, pricha said:

Basically.  I have a £800 pound coin but you can save a fiver if you want and I'll just pop in it in the normal post . Oh it never turned up ? Never mind that's the risk you took 😆 🤣 😂 of course its a nonsense.  I add free special delivery if I sell but people are quite entitled to ask for the £7 odd it costs. 

Indeed they are 

3 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Buyers risk they mean is the level of insurance ( post ) the want to pay. Full insurance to Zero.  SD is entirely the sellers risk once payment has been made. 

On 20/01/2024 at 22:12, BritStacker said:

Shipping: Buyer assumes risk of shipping. Items will be sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery fully insured. All tracking and reference details will be provided to buyer. Coins will be shipped individually to remain within insurance value limits.

Apologies @BritStacker, but there is a conversation here around RMSD and the buyer having to assume the risk of shipping (as in your listings, for example).

Is this interpretation what you really mean?

Wouldn't the seller just claim as it's insured for whatever amount you pick,if not what's the point in paying SD if the seller won't follow up a missing/lost item.

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Shipping: Buyer assumes risk of shipping. Items will be sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery fully insured. All tracking and reference details will be provided to buyer. Coins will be shipped individually to remain within insurance value limits.

1 minute ago, blackadder said:

Wouldn't the seller just claim as it's insured for whatever amount you pick,if not what's the point in paying SD if the seller won't follow up a missing/lost item.

100% agreed. If I didn't think I was covered and seller wouldn't stand over me, I'd just ask for a stamp straight on the fooking coin.

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip