• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 Pig Privy Mark Britannia.

Hello all, can anyone please tell me, why it is so hard to find for sale, the 2019 silver bullion 1oz  Britannia With the pig privy mark on the rim. I accept it may be because it has a lower mintage figure, but I have been looking for one for years to add to my Britannia collection, but I am still looking. Thank you.

Put up a wanted listing and you might get lucky. I know another member did just that and got one

Never Chase and Never Regret 

I too would like to acquire this coin but only at a fair price.
The only supplier was in the USA and I regret not buying when the price was around $45 which at the time seemed rather expensive.
A USA pension fund ( or similar ) bought the entire production but there is a regular seller on eBay from the Channel Isles that drips them out at a ridiculously high price.

Another hard to find privy was the dog and some were selling ( even on this forum ) at around £100 before another tranche hit the dealers like Bullion by Post who priced at approx £35 each. Maybe the pig will turn up like the dog but I am not holding my breath.

Edited by Pete

16 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I got one of these from the trial of the pyx, almost immediately regretted spending £150 on a bullion coin, but all of a sudden I'm not regretting it at all 🤣

One sold for £549 on eBay a few days ago.

Good buy those. Even the Pyx versions were better condition than most ebay ones I've seen listed as "may be cleaned" or "antiqued finish"

I gave up looking for the 2019 Pig privy silver Britannia.  Other one that I could not find was the 2015 Sheep/Ram/Goat (not sure what the exact animal is supposed to be) privy silver Britannia.

A few of the other privy silver ones I have sourced via this forum.

18 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

I searched bullion dealers from Hong Kong to Australia, the UK, USA and Canada, and didn't find a single 2019 Pig Privy Britannia in stock. Hopefully some tubes will become available at some point

They are out there somewhere and will eventually surface, like the dog privy’s.

Just now, StackToCollect said:

Fun fact, you know they strike the rim before the obverse and reverse? So technically there are two versions of this series, with the design on the rim either the "right way up" or "upside down" depending on which way up the coin went into the dye.

Which is the right way up? 😎

2 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Which is the right way up? 😎

Guess it depends on your preference 😉 but I would say if you hold the coin with the reverse facing up, then the animal would appear to be standing up. 

8 minutes ago, StackToCollect said:

Guess it depends on your preference 😉 but I would say if you hold the coin with the reverse facing up, then the animal would appear to be standing up. 

If you believe all the sellers of rare "upside down edge inscription" £2 coins, then it should be the obverse facing up. I have no idea where this misconception originally came from but it seems to be rife on eBay!

I would put these lunar edge coins in the same category. There is no right way up when there's a 50/50 chance of the blank ending up either way round in the coin press, and nobody distinguishes them when grading.

Presumably there is actually a correct way up for certain coins though - e.g. on the great engravers petition crown remakes, as those edge inscriptions are imparted at the time of striking. I actually thought the lunar edge coins were done the same way for some reason.

17 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

If you believe all the sellers of rare "upside down edge inscription" £2 coins, then it should be the obverse facing up. I have no idea where this misconception originally came from but it seems to be rife on eBay!

I would put these lunar edge coins in the same category. There is no right way up when there's a 50/50 chance of the blank ending up either way round in the coin press, and nobody distinguishes them when grading.

Presumably there is actually a correct way up for certain coins though - e.g. on the great engravers petition crown remakes, as those edge inscriptions are imparted at the time of striking. I actually thought the lunar edge coins were done the same way for some reason.

So it does come down to personal preference then 😉 yeah I'm not trying to suggest one is rarer than another, just pointing out that there are 2 versions because I don't recall any dealers advertising that fact so thought it might be of interest to some. 

1 minute ago, StackToCollect said:

So it does come down to personal preference then 😉 yeah I'm not trying to suggest one is rarer than another, just pointing out that there are 2 versions because I don't recall any dealers advertising that fact so thought it might be of interest to some. 

They're all unique if you go far enough - the privy marks themselves will be rotated around the edge different amounts.

This coin is the pain of my life, I have collected every single Britannia be it Proof, Bullion, Privy marked and oriental border from 1997 to 2023 but this pig privy always gets away from me. I put a bid of £300 on ebay and 5 seconds before the auction ended someone bought it for £302, trust me I cried.

• 1 month later...
On 13/01/2024 at 18:22, Sovhead said:

Heard that JP Morgan purchased virtually them all.

If that's the case then I assume they would wish to sell them in bulk to several bullion dealers than can purchase ten thousand at a time.
They are not going to trickle them on to the market surely.
If say 5 thousand or more hit the market at once the price should in theory plummet like the privy dog.
Dealers couldn't afford to risk paying a huge premium so maybe 100% or thereabouts is realistic.
Only collectors of the series would likely pay high prices and I am not convinced there are that many as the coin itself is pretty ordinary.
JP Morgan would still make a tidy profit having probably paid a few percent over silver spot when they bought them.
I cannot see the logic behind JPM or some other financial institution hoarding this specific bullion coin.
This is a standard Britannia with a smooth edge with a few stamped marks on the edge.

Well one obvious reason why nobody is releasing loads of pig privy .. made for the year of the pig, all disappeared to the states, the people who bought them will have given most of them out as bonuses, gifts etc. to the Chinese market 🤔

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/01/2024 at 21:45, paulmerton said:

I got one of these from the trial of the pyx, almost immediately regretted spending £150 on a bullion coin, but all of a sudden I'm not regretting it at all 🤣

One sold for £549 on eBay a few days ago.

I maybe able to get another one 

Edited by Gypsy

• 1 month later...