• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 10x 2023 1oz Gold Britannias - King Charles

You be better off selling to Atkinson who are paying £1600 via their sell to us page

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/sell-to-us/gold/gold-coins/1oz-gold-coins/pre-owned-king-charles-iii-britannia-1oz-gold-coin

Much quicker less problems

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

10 hours ago, QuantumStacker said:

Never thought I’d see the forum so quiet. Not long ago these would have been gone within 10 mins. Anyone have any ideas I know people are struggling but this is strange to me anyway

Very few people currently have £1600 to spare - I think it's that simple.

Disposing of 1 oz coins quickly will be a growing problem if gold continues to rise.

It's as good a price as your going to see anywhere. 

The whole marketplace is pretty dead and has been for a few months, I've really noticed it. I think that people really don't have a ton of spare money to buy just now.

Maybe some new members thinking it's suspicious that someone is selling 10 of these at spot all at once? If that's the case check feedback on the profile page, the guys a very good seller

The truth is with what's been happening with scammers, someone listing 10 raises red flags regardless how good one's feedback is. 

Had you listed 1 or 2 they would have sold by now. There is still plenty of money about. 

Atkinson are still willing to offer you £1602, for the sake of a couple of hundred quid you would have had your £16k by now.

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

42 minutes ago, Spyder said:

The truth is with wants been happening with scammers, someone listing 10 raises red flags regardless how good one's feedback is. 

Had you listed 1 or 2 they would have sold by now. There is still plenty of money about. 

Atkinson are still willing to offer you £1602, for the sake of a couple of hundred quid you would have had your £16k by now.

Sent them already mate. Going to close the post

4 minutes ago, QuantumStacker said:

Sent them already mate. Going to close the post

For me I have to wait till bonus time! June time I will have a few thousand to put towards gold. Most months I have about £400 spare for gold which ties in well with sovereigns. Having set my goal of adding 12 this year all spare money is tied up in that goal

For the record I've bought one of these coins from @QuantumStacker before and would be perfectly happy to do so again - but I bought 4x quarter-oz Brits last month (for an excellent price) and wasn't even planning on that purchase.

8 hours ago, QuantumStacker said:

So the Future purchases is Sovereigns then I think. 

- it seems that's a good idea, I like ounce coins but they are losing a bit of favour in the marketplace. The only think that stopped me buying a couple of these is I do find brits a little boring. I like having some collectable value even if they are not especially numismatically important I find things like the tudor beasts keep me motivated

also there are a lot of people on here that will vouch for me having 10 ounce is the normal. That’s not boosting btw. 

- yep

I wish everyone luck I know it’s hard out there and I really hope the scammers haven’t ruined this forum. 

- I've not been here long really but I have found myself being much more wary where I buy, it seems like there are a lot of new members popping up constantly with things for sale you wouldn't expect from a new member/someone new to the hobby for want of a better word.

It's not a great sign that selling to a dealer is the best option. I do think the recent sharp rise in spot is a factor too, I think people will need to see that 1550 to 1600 is a new base and not a spike before confidence to buy fully returns.

19 hours ago, artalien said:

You are selling at a great price, barely above spot. There seems to be a trend away from the ounce. I think people are feeling the pinch and notice that these are no longer so liquid. Just my tuppence worth. Things will look up. GLWS.

👍 

11 hours ago, Shinus73 said:

Very few people currently have £1600 to spare - I think it's that simple.

Disposing of 1 oz coins quickly will be a growing problem if gold continues to rise.

Temporary… I said the same on the housing market. £225k was a lot for a 2 bed house where we are in 2012. 4 years later the same house was £400k… the only though I had… wish I had bought 2! ;) 

11 hours ago, Silverman2U said:

Temporary… I said the same on the housing market. £225k was a lot for a 2 bed house where we are in 2012. 4 years later the same house was £400k… the only though I had… wish I had bought 2! ;) 

Not quite comparing apples with apples though, you don’t have the option of buying 1/4 of a house.

I’m not saying don’t buy gold as it rises, I’m saying there will be fewer buyers of full ounces when you look to sell.

On 05/01/2024 at 04:43, artalien said:

You are selling at a great price, barely above spot. There seems to be a trend away from the ounce. I think people are feeling the pinch and notice that these are no longer so liquid. Just my tuppence worth. Things will look up. GLWS.

There are still plenty of buyers for the 1oz 999.9 Gold Brit/similar coin/s; but the buying demographic has in recent months moved towards the boomer generation;

the bulk of such buyers not being members here and most totally unaware of TSF - and even if they were - may not trust our 'trust' premise - particularly when Chards for example are now selling the same thing for an extra premium of only £10-15/oz each.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

4 hours ago, Shinus73 said:

Not quite comparing apples with apples though, you don’t have the option of buying 1/4 of a house.

I’m not saying don’t buy gold as it rises, I’m saying there will be fewer buyers of full ounces when you look to sell.

Well you could buy a one bedroom house rather than 2 so I think the point stands.

Still lots of people with extra money. Gold won’t be cheap for long and postage on the end of a deal won’t be a deal breaker. A few people at my work have bought gold ounces now where 2 years ago no one even considered it.

when conversations arise one  or two also have stacked silver ahead of me.

Tbh it’s more diversification or passing on wealth than enjoying the stacking process for them.

more are now understanding about its value.

d