• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Black Friday Weekend

Gordy

Just now, westminstrel said:

Even if they weren’t categorised as “gifts”, I think customers could collectively raise an issue if they were forced to accept the purchase at a higher price with no option to cancel or return?

That would be like some next level deviousness - offer bullion at or below spot, wait to get enough orders, say it was an error a few days after the fact, tell customers they have to accept the corrected price whether they like it or not.

I don’t see that happening; it’d be a huge PR disaster.

Apparently a few have already been charged extra though. I'd prefer them just to cancel orders rather that try underhand tactics.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Apparently a few have already been charged extra though. I'd prefer them just to cancel orders rather that try underhand tactics.

I don't think they legally have the right to take money without consent without at least holding the order ransome and contacting the customer first.

Anyone that has been charged has probably been so in error

Edited by Upsidedown

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

Just now, Upsidedown said:

I don't think they legally have the right to take money without consent without at least holding the order ransome and contacting the customer first.

Anyone that has been charged has probably been so in error

I would have thought so too. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

23 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Gold Bar market is over with here on the forum for at least the next decade. 

Only place to sell would be to jewelers and pawn shops 

I suppose if you bought to keep long term for the moon landing then not a problem. Bought short term to flip then there's going to be lots of competition across all platforms. 

25 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Gold Bar market is over with here on the forum for at least the next decade. 

Only place to sell would be to jewelers and pawn shops 

There will always be buyers for spot gold, worst case scenario, we all break even but get a FREE 50P 😄

2 hours ago, Orpster said:

Unfortunately some people from the forum posted the hack up in the Facebook groups and some whales orders 10's of thousands worth of the bars so suspect this morning they have realised straight away what happened. 

This was me. Gave it 24 hours for forum members to get first pickings but ultimately with best part of £100k additional gift bar sales from forum alone, it wasn’t flagging on FB groups or YouTube videos that did any additional damage. Felt it was fair to give others a chance to buy as opposed everyone from here move straight to FB groups to flip for profit the moment they received their bars. Hopefully everyone gets what they ordered but based on others comments, looks like ‘extras’ are being added by RM anyway

1 minute ago, JamesH said:

This was me. Gave it 24 hours for forum members to get first pickings but ultimately with best part of £100k additional gift bar sales from forum alone, it wasn’t flagging on FB groups or YouTube videos that did any additional damage. Felt it was fair to give others a chance to buy as opposed everyone from here move straight to FB groups to flip for profit the moment they received their bars. Hopefully everyone gets what they ordered but based on others comments, looks like ‘extras’ are being added by RM anyway

It would have got onto the groups anyway James, you were not the only person to stick it up on the groups
I think a lot of the guys on there knew anyway as it was going around by DM late Friday and early Saturday before you posted up, I had a few messages about it
There was one guy who ordered £50k worth according to a post on one of the groups this morning, the whales came out to play

giphy.gif.640492cc120ba88f61bbd349d3c22953.gif

7 minutes ago, JamesH said:

I think BYB did a video about it on Friday anyway. Who cares anyway. Everyone buying should have a chance to bag some spot gold.

2 minutes ago, Orpster said:

It would have got onto the groups anyway James, you were not the only person to stick it up on the groups
I think a lot of the guys on there knew anyway as it was going around by DM late Friday and early Saturday before you posted up, I had a few messages about it
There was one guy who ordered £50k worth according to a post on one of the groups this morning, the whales came out to play

giphy.gif.640492cc120ba88f61bbd349d3c22953.gif

A kilo of spot gold in 5g bars would be insane. A must if you had the money

3 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

A kilo of spot gold in 5g bars would be insane. A must if you had the money

Yea its a no lose situation really whatever happens

If they honour all of the deals, everyone is good

If they dont or only honour some we will be refunded

If they charge us 'extra' we can all return given they are classed as gifts and they can have the fun of processing them all 🤣

To be honest I only ordered a handful and I don't care either way, while spot price gold is lively I am enjoying the eBay cashback hack far more :)

Edited by Orpster

Just now, 9x883 said:

This cashback thingy is new to me. I must look into it. 

Was only on black Friday I believe

20% cashback on all purchases I think, people were buying sovs for £320..

Having a weird experience with my Friday RM purchases.

Initially bought a couple of bullion items with small discount before seeing this thread.

Later in the evening I went back to order a couple of 1g bars and the free 50p (lol)...

Immediately received a confirmation email from the bars order.  And it also shows in TCB and on the orders page on RM.

However, the earlier bullion order doesn't seem visible anywhere.  No email, doesn't show on TCB, doesn't show on RM orders page.  Money has been taken from my bank account though.  

Any idea what's happened there?  As I say, it's the correctly discounted order that's missing, not the questionable discount on the bars order. 🤔

1 minute ago, Orpster said:

topcashback had the deal Friday, Quidco have it today

But I take it these too schemes offer deals all year round

Just now, 9x883 said:

But I take it these two schemes offer deals all year round

34 minutes ago, James32 said:

Why are people only being charged now?

My card was charged the moment I ordered, and it was for the discounted price.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

Just now, 9x883 said:

But I take it these too schemes offer deals all year round

Check out the gold monitoring thread, I use cashback sites ALL the time, make hundreds a year in cashback mostly through doing the families insurance - I have dropped you a pm

Just now, Charliemouse said:

Why are people only being charged now?

My card was charged the moment I ordered, and it was for the discounted price.

I am starting to think it may be unrelated, yet to find anyone else who has had additional charges
I was also charged on checkout, order is still pending an no additional charges (yet)
The one person I can confirm orders 10 and had another charge of £220 from RM this morning

The status of my orders is "In progress".  The totals are messed up, in that the individual items and item total do not include the discount, but the order total does, and is what I paid.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

7 minutes ago, Orpster said:

topcashback had the deal Friday, Quidco have it today

20% off sovereigns on EBay, I'm confused.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.