• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Just now, James32 said:

£50 in unmarked note's coming your way!

He doesnt need your expensive toilet paper - send them my way....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, Shizenhowzunn said:

Can anyone explain a little on payment and how is best and what is a trustworthy score to go with please?

I am new and finding it hard to trust to buy.

Allo mate.

Looking at your other thread I see you are looking for a handful of pre 20s coins. 

Your options are probably here, eBay, auction house or visit a coin shop. 

Here or eBay are your best bet as auctions and shops are too pricey. There are scammers on eBay but I've never been done when buying this type of silver. Here it has happened but word spreads like wildfire to the point of hunting them down and to be honest I can't see anyone risking it for a relatively small amount. 

My preference is eBay but on because you can see the coin you are actually bidding on, on here they generally sell by the weight but occasionally you do see some. 

Edit.... Just to clarify, I have never been scammed on here either.

Edited by Bigmarc

3 hours ago, James32 said:

The feedback score is a tough one to be honest, there's a lot of great members on here who don't trade too much but are reliable, unfortunately they will have low feedback and in light of recent events, they will now be punished and assumed unreliable. 

This is sad harsh truth and probably more adverse impacts on forums growth in long term.

Particularly concerning is this narrative of trusting reputation points (engagement,likes etc) 

more points doesn't make someone more honourable does it? To me, it shows they prioritise engaging on the forum more than others

Edited by Disentme

3 minutes ago, Disentme said:

This is sad harsh truth and probably more adverse impacts on forums growth in long term.

Particularly concerning is this narrative of trusting reputation points (engagement,likes etc) 

more points doesn't make someone more honourable does it? To me, it shows they prioritise engaging on the forum more than others

Yeah I see your point, but on the flip side if someone engaged regularly and for a couple of years, they are less likely to go awol, it's still possible but it would be the most elaborate scam going.

Truth is all roads lead to caution, only the buyers own due diligence can help the most, even then there's still risk.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

11 minutes ago, James32 said:

Yeah I see your point, but on the flip side if someone engaged regularly and for a couple of years, they are less likely to go awol, it's still possible but it would be the most elaborate scam going.

Truth is all roads lead to caution, only the buyers own due diligence can help the most, even then there's still risk.

Agree, we should all be cautious as there are many an opportunist out there, no matter the market being traded in. Some scammers  indeed a bit more elaborate than others but let's not confuse engagement/reputation points (a gamification tool) with actually being an honourable person and fulfilling ones end of a deal/agreement

Just now, Disentme said:

Agree, we should all be cautious as there are many an opportunist out there, no matter the market being traded in. Some scammers  indeed a bit more elaborate than others but let's not confuse engagement/reputation points (a gamification tool) with actually being an honourable person and fulfilling ones end of a deal/agreement

You just stick with me and all roads lead to Vegas 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I would stay away from paying big orders with Paypal F/F, especially to low feedback members.  It looks like the banks have saved some members but how would they have fared if they had payed with Paypal F/F. I would hate to think.

Anyone can pull a scam.  Be cautious of the seller who only sells a few coins at anyone time and suddenly out of no where is selling thousands and thousands of pounds in one go. 

A remember a guy at work years ago. Every day would take out a small 12v Makita drill from the council store to help do his daily work. A week before he retired, decided to take out one of the bigger Bosch 24v Drill and suddenly he reported that someone had taken from his car as he turned his back while carrying out some duties.  Everyone knew the score.

Never Chase and Never Regret 

28 minutes ago, Falsecobra said:

It hits hard for members like me that at the moment have only bought and not sold anything just to increase my stack ! And I'm lucky that I haven't ever been scammed ! Although I haven't always been left with any feed back from the people I have bought from ! And this also makes you look like your maybe not someone to trust ? A have a 100% feed back on eBay through buying and paying instantly for what I bought . So now if I ever want to sell , doubt anybody would want to deal with me and only use BYB as a go between . And that's unfair really as although he does good work .. it's paid for !  Not good times for people like me that have been on here  about a year but haven't been fully active all the time or just bought and had not much feedback, but haven't ever sold

You need to get back to people about your feedback. I haven’t had feedback from one or two, tends to be some of the business sellers, although most are very good. Only give feedback once you’ve received the item and message the person tor theirs 🤔😮 chin up👍

19 hours ago, James32 said:

You pay by sellers choice, will predominantly be either bank transfer or PayPal friends and family. 

The feedback score is a tough one to be honest, there's a lot of great members on here who don't trade too much but are reliable, unfortunately they will have low feedback and in light of recent events, they will now be punished and assumed unreliable. 

I could easily throw out a number but feedback only tells half the story, would be easier for me to say 'send me a message with a sellers name and I will say yes or no' I've dealt with 90% of the regulars on here and can either vouch or advise to stay clear.

Ok thanks that will be very helpful.

yeah I suppose most people don’t sell much as we love to keep it all. Lol

if only the few bad was easy to spot.

Thanks again 👍🏻
with that I might feel a bit more comfortable buying.

18 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

Allo mate.

Looking at your other thread I see you are looking for a handful of pre 20s coins. 

Your options are probably here, eBay, auction house or visit a coin shop. 

Here or eBay are your best bet as auctions and shops are too pricey. There are scammers on eBay but I've never been done when buying this type of silver. Here it has happened but word spreads like wildfire to the point of hunting them down and to be honest I can't see anyone risking it for a relatively small amount. 

My preference is eBay but on because you can see the coin you are actually bidding on, on here they generally sell by the weight but occasionally you do see some. 

Edit.... Just to clarify, I have never been scammed on here either.

Ok cheers! 
I had an incident on eBay recently a bit like the sweat thing on here, I won’t say too much but more of a p… take than sweats.

I like the idea of this community and I can see you do hunt the bad so feeling better. 

15 hours ago, Falsecobra said:

It hits hard for members like me that at the moment have only bought and not sold anything just to increase my stack ! And I'm lucky that I haven't ever been scammed ! Although I haven't always been left with any feed back from the people I have bought from ! And this also makes you look like your maybe not someone to trust ? A have a 100% feed back on eBay through buying and paying instantly for what I bought . So now if I ever want to sell , doubt anybody would want to deal with me and only use BYB as a go between . And that's unfair really as although he does good work .. it's paid for !  Not good times for people like me that have been on here  about a year but haven't been fully active all the time or just bought and had not much feedback, but haven't ever sold

I see your point…that’s definitely a difficult one isn’t it.

maybe everyone should have to upload a passport or drivers license pic to be a member? With blurred out address?? It may be a deterrent.

im sure it’s not as simple as that though! Nothing ever is.

16 hours ago, Spyder said:

I would stay away from paying big orders with Paypal F/F, especially to low feedback members.  It looks like the banks have saved some members but how would they have fared if they had payed with Paypal F/F. I would hate to think.

Anyone can pull a scam.  Be cautious of the seller who only sells a few coins at anyone time and suddenly out of no where is selling thousands and thousands of pounds in one go. 

A remember a guy at work years ago. Every day would take out a small 12v Makita drill from the council store to help do his daily work. A week before he retired, decided to take out one of the bigger Bosch 24v Drill and suddenly he reported that someone had taken from his car as he turned his back while carrying out some duties.  Everyone knew the score.

Ok cheers good point and advice 👍🏻

20 hours ago, James32 said:

I've dealt with 90% of the regulars on here and can either vouch or advise to stay clear.

I would like the list of who to stay clear from, that would be very interesting

Never Chase and Never Regret