• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Atkinsons Stock

Minted

Hi,

I haven't bought from Atkinsons before but seen them mentioned regularly on here.

Saw a gold coin I'm after £10 cheaper than Bleyer or BBP, but waited too long to order and now showing as out of stock. 🙄

Just wondered if Atkinson's generally restock regularly or if it's more likely that I've missed out on this deal and should just pay the extra elsewhere now?

Thanks
Minted

1 hour ago, Minted said:

Hi,

I haven't bought from Atkinsons before but seen them mentioned regularly on here.

Saw a gold coin I'm after £10 cheaper than Bleyer or BBP, but waited too long to order and now showing as out of stock. 🙄

Just wondered if Atkinson's generally restock regularly or if it's more likely that I've missed out on this deal and should just pay the extra elsewhere now?

Thanks
Minted

Could always try a ‘wanted’ post on the forum with the price you’re looking for to see if someone has a deal for you. Also worth setting up an alert with Atkinsons so when it comes back in stock you get an alert

53 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Could always try a ‘wanted’ post on the forum with the price you’re looking for to see if someone has a deal for you. Also worth setting up an alert with Atkinsons so when it comes back in stock you get an alert

2 hours ago, Minted said:

Hi,

Thanks
Minted

I buy from Atkinsons and haven’t seen them sold out on the cheap sovereigns in a long time, the halves are nice! Just keep checking and as mentioned already, look on here!

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

It likely depends on what coin it was.

Fair point.  Though I don't want to risk others jumping on it before I get the chance if it does get restocked.  It's a current year bullion coin but fairly low mintage.

I am also interested more generally for any future purchases.   I find Bleyer don't tend to restock sold-out items very often for example.

41 minutes ago, JamesH said:

I have set up the alert.  But I'm concerned that it may never be restocked.  I've had alerts on a few Royal Mint coins that have never been restocked.  Don't really want to be a nuisance and ask the retailer directly every time...though I realise I'm being a nuisance by asking here instead today lol.

I did search TSF hoping for a better price but saw that another member posted a wanted thread for one a few months back and didn't get any interest.

2 minutes ago, Petra said:

I buy from Atkinsons and haven’t seen them sold out on the cheap sovereigns in a long time, the halves are nice! Just keep checking and as mentioned already, look on here!

Thanks.  I'm a bit too fussy for the 'best value' Sov's though! 😅  Only buy specific years and designs as more of a collection than a stack at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Minted said:

Thanks.  I'm a bit too fussy for the 'best value' Sov's though! 😅  Only buy specific years and designs as more of a collection than a stack at the moment. 

They do have a decent selection of proof and occasionally carded/ boxed sovereigns. Not bad prices

I've used Atkinsons since 2008 never had an order be out of stock or not received it within a day or two.

Same with Hatton garden before they killed their pricing model.

Will always be my go to dealer because of this. Atkinsons

Other Dealers who support items as 'orderable' selling not in stock items, I've no interest in dealing with 

I've used Atkinsons a bit now without fault. I even managed to fulfil a bucket list purchase with them when everyone else had no sovereigns in stock last December. Always very helpful. I would advise phoning them and speaking to them rather than just internet sales. They have a high through put of stock and you may get first call on something that's not online yet. As I mentioned sovereigns were nowhere. I gave them a call and they found me 100. Got them bought before anyone knew they had them. At a good price also. 

9 hours ago, dicker said:

Their stock is constantly moving.  

I saw and missed a 1986 Nugget sell last week.  I think mintage of about 3k….  How did I miss it!

Best

Dicker

Sorry to hear you missed that.

I’m sure there are much rarer ‘surviving’ mintages of sovereigns yet to be discovered.

Something will always come up.