• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Perth mint 1oz gold in assay real?

gmoney

New to the forum, and new to non US gold and silver. Hoping this is legit and wanting to know what you all think. Can add more pictures. It came to me in a black and silver zip lock type bag. Appreciate the help and if this the wrong forum please advise. Thanks 

20230513_191438.jpg

20230513_191501.jpg

Nominal Weight:1 Troy Ounce

Genuine Weight (g):40.54 (in assay card)

Counterfeit Weight (g):38.48 (in assay card)

Genuine Width (mm):54.40 (assay card)

Counterfeit Width (mm):54.32 (assay card)

Genuine Length (mm):85.91 (assay card)

Counterfeit Length (mm):85.19 (assay card)

Genuine Thickness (mm):1.73 (assay card flat), 4.70 (assay card bubble)

Counterfeit Thickness (mm):1.27 (assay card flat), 5.31 (assay card bubble)

Genuine Edge Type:Smooth

Counterfeit Edge Type:Smooth

Genuine Material:9999 Gold

Counterfeit Material:Gold Plated, Brass Core

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, gmoney said:

I will try weighing later when I find my scale. I could only add one photo over size limit. Let me know if better pictures are needed.

20230513_205820.jpg

My fear was it was going to be thick,, it unfortunately looks very thick. Can you check Weight and dimensions against above information. 

44 minutes ago, James32 said:

Nominal Weight:1 Troy Ounce

Genuine Weight (g):40.54 (in assay card)

Counterfeit Weight (g):38.48 (in assay card)

Genuine Width (mm):54.40 (assay card)

Counterfeit Width (mm):54.32 (assay card)

Genuine Length (mm):85.91 (assay card)

Counterfeit Length (mm):85.19 (assay card)

Genuine Thickness (mm):1.73 (assay card flat), 4.70 (assay card bubble)

Counterfeit Thickness (mm):1.27 (assay card flat), 5.31 (assay card bubble)

Genuine Edge Type:Smooth

Counterfeit Edge Type:Smooth

Genuine Material:9999 Gold

Counterfeit Material:Gold Plated, Brass Core

Hi James where do you sauce the info from thanks

Need to find a more precise measuring tool mine seems to be shy of both lenth and width using slide ruler and converting inch to mm these are what i came up with and could change.  I'm approximately 84.836 and 53.899mm..Card and bubble approximately 5.333 and .508mm..still has film on both sides.  Will get weight and more precise measurements... As far as packaging and bar itself does anything look off to anyone? 

4 hours ago, gmoney said:

I will try weighing later when I find my scale. I could only add one photo over size limit. Let me know if better pictures are needed.

20230513_205820.jpg

The bar does look rather thick which suggest it's unlikely to be legit. 

Where did you acquire it from and was the price too good to be true ?

Doesn't look legit to me, sorry

Here are some suspect marks:

- the lettering is to big,

- the shape of the 6 is wrong

- the kangaroo patterns is wrong on the bottom

- the edge seems to be to ruff

- the thickness is off

20230513_191501.thumb.jpg.083b971a33d016b95594b243408e0725.jpg

On the front

- the color is off (could be the lighting)

- the shape of the 9 is off

- the spacing between 9 and % is wrong 

20230513_191438.thumb.jpg.5b7ab8b966fe890f0c7d2d02c6c52550.jpg

Here is a real bar, bought from a reputable dealer (don't have here with me, so I can't take other photos)

IMG_20221115_161108.thumb.jpg.32735838fff748771ddd9e8c8c3b79f1.jpg

PS: not an expert, best to take the bar to a LCS to be tested

Edited by daca

Need to find a more precise measuring tool mine seems to be shy of both lenth and width using slide ruler and converting inch to mm these are what i came up with and could change.  I'm approximately 84.836 and 53.899mm..Card and bubble approximately 5.333 and .508mm..still has film on both sides.  Will get weight and more precise measurements... As far as packaging and bar itself does anything look off to anyone? 

Don't know why it repeated last post...good eyes and thinking you all are right weight is 36.15g according to my cheapy scale..so it came from ebay priced at 2100us or best offer and 1900 was accepted.  Not alot of feedback but all was good and not a coin seller mostly computer stuff. So i guess ill be returning.  Does the weight convince yall its a fake, should i bother searching out a dealer to check it? Appreciate the help

20230514_015448.jpg

5 hours ago, gmoney said:

The clear plastic window around the bar looks too big, although that could be the photography. 

8 hours ago, Rains said:

Hi James where do you sauce the info from thanks

https://www.fakebullion.com/index.php/component/k2/item/48-perth-mint-1-ounce-gold-bar-in-black-assay-card-gen-3

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Where did you buy it from @gmoney

Will help a lot narrow down authenticity

was it direct from Perth mint? LBMA approved dealer? 

was it pawn shop? eBay? Alibaba? Wish? Craigslist? Gumtree? 

7 hours ago, gmoney said:

so it came from ebay priced at 2100us or best offer and 1900 was accepted. Not alot of feedback but all was good and not a coin seller mostly computer stuff.

I concur with the above, and that it is not genuine - sorry about that.  I don’t want to add publicly what I look for but am happy to reply privately.  

This is far from the only one on eBay sadly, and have even seen one for sale in a local auction house.

Avoid eBay.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys