• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

KC III’s 75th Birthday coins

7 minutes ago, refero said:

i dont know,..... 

celebrating the coronation before the coronation....

celebrating a birthday before a birthday...

i m not sure i can translate how we call that in italian...

I'm celebrating the coronation by not watching the coronation. I spent five hours watching the queens funeral and I'm not watching rickety old carriages shaking random royals to death on another televised jolly around Buck's plank. 

I do like a nice sovereign though and glad to see  Charles head finally stuck on one. Shame it's turned into a cash cow for the Royal Mint but hopefully I can get a bullion sov or two when the fuss dies down. 

20 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

I'm celebrating the coronation by not watching the coronation. I spent five hours watching the queens funeral and I'm not watching rickety old carriages shaking random royals to death on another televised jolly around Buck's plank. 

I do like a nice sovereign though and glad to see  Charles head finally stuck on one. Shame it's turned into a cash cow for the Royal Mint but hopefully I can get a bullion sov or two when the fuss dies down. 

I tested positive for COVID on the day the Queen died, so my 10-day isolation period coincided perfectly with the official 10-day mourning period. Rolling royal coverage and fever dreams are a potent mix. Not sure my brain has sufficiently recovered to go through another lengthy royal event just yet.

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

The Coronation? That’s so yesterday!

It’s time to register for King Charles’ 75th birthday coins already.

https://www.royalmint.com/annual-sets/2023/register-you-interest/75th-birthday-of-his-majesty-king-charles-iii/

keep the money gravy train chugging along - choo ! choo !! 

1 hour ago, Shinus73 said:

I tested positive for COVID on the day the Queen died, so my 10-day isolation period coincided perfectly with the official 10-day mourning period. Rolling royal coverage and fever dreams are a potent mix. Not sure my brain has sufficiently recovered to go through another lengthy royal event just yet.

I usually love the pomp and pageantry but it all has an effect on me and I start to want to buy things I cant afford like multi proof coronation sets and other gold laden paraphernalia. It was a lot easier as a kid. I was satisfied with a paper Jubilee hat and a  pencil sharpener. Now I want to spend the mortgage on a coronation coins. I’ve still not recovered from the queens beasts sticking their fangs in. One whiff of Charlie in a crown and no ones eating for a month :D

1 hour ago, Paul said:

keep the money gravy train chugging along - choo ! choo !! 

I keep thinking the coronation coins are probably made from the old knackery jewellery sovereigns people send in and get tu'pence for. It helps me resist the allure of wanting to jump aboard the Charlie train. Not. :D 

3 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

I usually love the pomp and pageantry but it all has an effect on me and I start to want to buy things I cant afford like multi proof coronation sets and other gold laden paraphernalia. It was a lot easier as a kid. I was satisfied with a paper Jubilee hat and a  pencil sharpener. Now I want to spend the mortgage on a coronation coins. I’ve still not recovered from the queens beasts sticking their fangs in. One whiff of Charlie in a crown and no ones eating for a month :D

Sounds like me. 😅

45 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

Going off new RM prices the new 5p will cost 9p and the 10p about twenty quid. 😄

That's probably true!

I did collect 10ps by date for the very reason that I figured they were safe from being commem'd but then came the alphabet 10p series. So I moved onto 5p coins instead. Actually the 5p series is a better match being a great continuation of my shilling date collection.

28 minutes ago, SidS said:

That's probably true!

I did collect 10ps by date for the very reason that I figured they were safe from being commem'd but then came the alphabet 10p series. So I moved onto 5p coins instead. Actually the 5p series is a better match being a great continuation of my shilling date collection.

It's lovely having and interest in coins. A source of pleasure and wonder. May your 5ps always be shiny. 

I sat in a que on monday and bagged a SOTD sov. Only to be emailed a few says later to be told i hadn't. The RM can poke the 75th birthday collection up their arse.

Im not bitter 😄

Edited by AaaGee

7 hours ago, AaaGee said:

I sat in a que on monday and bagged a SOTD sov. Only to be emailed a few says later to be told i hadn't. The RM can poke the 75th birthday collection up their arse.

Im not bitter 😄

Wait so you got a email confirmation for buying the SOTD sovereigns and then later they cancel your SOTD sovereign?

Yeh, got a conformation email shortly after ordering. Then cancelled a couple of days later.

Good news is, ive managed to get one at slightly more than RM are charging.

I think on monday they sold more than theyre minting so had to let down X amount of buyers. Me included 

But ive lost trust in them now.