• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen or King

AaaGee

So, ive bitten the bullet and ordered my 1st 1oz gold coin. Possibly the only one for the year. Its for investment purposes and no plan to sell it in the near future (financial dramas aside). Gold price is high at the moment and no idea if its going to drop or keep rising. Went for a 2023 Queen Britannia as i thought it had better potential than a Charles 3rd. Good or bad move? 

2 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

So, ive bitten the bullet and ordered my 1st 1oz gold coin. Possibly the only one for the year. Its for investment purposes and no plan to sell it in the near future (financial dramas aside). Gold price is high at the moment and no idea if its going to drop or keep rising. Went for a 2023 Queen Britannia as i thought it had better potential than a Charles 3rd. Good or bad move? 

I did the same recently and went for a Buffalo, just out of personal preference.  They're close enough to spot that I dont think its a bad move at all, the market for them may not be huge in the future but if the price grows that much over 10 years you can just sell to a dealer, if it doesnt and they're priced reasonably you can sell online ... also they feel good right

38 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Good call.  I don’t by coins with male Monarchs.

Not my circus, not my monkeys

2 hours ago, AaaGee said:

I think out of the 2, last ever Elizabeth may hold a slight premium. But not enough to celebrate over. The fact you bought an oz of gold is the lowest premium way of ensuring your investment goes up longterm. Congratulations, but be warned..it won't be the last.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

15 hours ago, Zeuk said:

They are indeed 

I dunno some queens don't look all that appealing to the eye... Queen Anne (Hattie Jacques) or Maria Theresa (Boris Johnson in a dress).

Edited by SidS

1 hour ago, SidS said:

I dunno some queens don't look all that appealing to the eye... Queen Anne (Hattie Jacques) or Maria Theresa (Boris Johnson in a dress).

Yeh, but old nut allergy above would still be punching out of his weight.

3 hours ago, AaaGee said:

Yeh, but old nut allergy above would still be punching out of his weight.

George II's eye on his old head obverse always looks like it's going to pop as well.