• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Memorial Sovereign V Memorial Sovereign

AaaGee

6 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I usually take "free postage" comments on TSF as humorous, but you sounded serious!

😎

Maybe you should have a "free delivery" option on your website for TSF members who think they are getting hard done by. The price of the coin will go up but hey, the delivery is free lol.

Maybe its a psychological thing.

7 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I usually take "free postage" comments on TSF as humorous, but you sounded serious!

😎

I'm surprised, and sorry, that I sounded serious. That was not my intention. 

Only one of us owns a successful bullion & numismatic business, so I bow to your infinitely greater acumen as regards (free) (or not!) postage.

If you are ever in Glasgow I'll buy you an irn-bru to apologise!

2 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

I'm surprised, and sorry, that I sounded serious. That was not my intention. 

Only one of us owns a successful bullion & numismatic business, so I bow to your infinitely greater acumen as regards (free) (or not!) postage.

If you are ever in Glasgow I'll buy you an irn-bru to apologise!

Apparently I always look serious when telling a humorous story, which is a give-away.

Greater acumen?: I might be wrong.

Glasgow?: I mentioned it here on Saturday:

There is no need to apologies, I was not offended, but am always keen to explain why we have any particular policy.

Irn-bru? Too much sugar, I think I would prefer a half pint of heavy!

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Apparently I always look serious when telling a humorous story, which is a give-away.

Greater acumen?: I might be wrong.

Glasgow?: I mentioned it here on Saturday:

There is no need to apologies, I was not offended, but am always keen to explain why we have any particular policy.

Irn-bru? Too much sugar, I think I would prefer a half pint of heavy!

😎

Half pint of heavy it is.

23 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

Proof Sovereigns were £149.95 from 1983 - 1991. The 1989 4 coin set was £1150. Oddly enough, the price of the Sovereign dropped slightly to £149.00 from 1994 to 1998 something to do with VAT I believe! - I bought my 1989  4 coin set on the secondary market for £850 in 1997. Just for info.😀

If this is right, the 1989 4 coin set doesn’t seem like a good buy after all. £1150 then is worth about £7650 today considering gold spot. You can buy one today from a dealer at only £100 more than that. Not much appreciation for supposedly the most in demand 4 coin set of all time.

I remember last year someone was selling a 1973 IOM 4 coin set on the forum with original receipt for about 10% premium. The original buyer paid about 280% premium. Oops.

Methinks proofs at original retail are only a good buy if you are short term flipping.

On 19/02/2023 at 19:42, TheShinyStuff said:

Similar outlook myself. This is a pretty unique point in history. 

I have the Platinum Jubilee, the memorial and aim to get the Coronation proof sovereign.

I expect that will be the end of my foray into the world of proof gold!

This is me exactly. I went into this to buy bullion, then I realised there was the jubilee and that was an important event, them the Queen died and now we're heading to the coronation... But I promise no more proofs!!

Until Charles shuffles off... Then the next coronation... Ah damn it!!

Just now, AaaGee said:

Ive got a Couple of jubilee bullion and a Memorial Proof. Im quite new to this so either it passed me by or i couldnt afford it and ignored it lo

The Jubilee proof sovereign (2022) was released on November 2021

4 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Ive got a Couple of jubilee bullion and a Memorial Proof. Im quite new to this so either it passed me by or i couldnt afford it and ignored it lol

Yeah there's a proof bud. Hovering around £1k graded now

I like to buy the pre-dip dip