• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation King Charles III and Queen Camilla Gold Sovereign

Midasfrog

2 hours ago, Agaupl said:

The more I see it the more I like it. I’m a fan of (total sucker for) reverse proofs and the intricacy on the reverse is amazing. Being pedantic I’d have liked to see the field of the cypher and 3Cs mirrored. Or the rim. But probably technically impossible. Apologies as I’ve entered full geek out mode now.  😐

I’m with you on the reverse proofs. They’re stunning and are perfect for intricate designs like this one. 😍

And you’re not being pedantic - I too was looking at the design and trying to figure out which parts and sections should’ve been alternating with mirrored vs matte but seemingly aren’t. 😅

22 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Is there an updated link to Sovereign Rarities for this coin? It seems to have disappeared. Usually sold out coins still have their listings up on their website.

Looks like it's been removed now, maybe listed in error ? It appears in the search results still but no option to buy/add to basket like yesterday 

9 hours ago, ak74 said:

Sadly, there are in fact quite a few German dealers (and actually this is the case not only for precious metals, but for other online stores as well), who ship only within Germany 🥴 I saw somewhere a reason stated like smth about German Law and VAT, what is hard to believe, as at the same time many German dealers distribute freely within EU, w/o any additional customs charges of course. And as I am located in Austria, for those German internet-stores not willing to ship here, I sometimes use mail-forwarding service company 🤪

Just looking at my comment it has come across a little rude to you, that was not my intention. I guess I am a little frustrated that Geiger are very narrow minded considering other EU Mints like Germania and Carpathian enjoy a solid collector database in the UK. I tried really hard to buy from them considering they blamed Brexit and directed me to the US and E-Bay🤪.Businesses work around arrogant political interruptions.

My hope is that new EU dealers in the UK like Tavex start selling Premium products from these Mints considering they are predominately European based.

Perth Mint and Germania are so much better products and well worth the extra paperwork and duties importing.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

2 hours ago, NGMD said:

Just looking at my comment it has come across a little rude to you, that was not my intention. I guess I am a little frustrated that Geiger are very narrow minded

No worries mate, actually I didn't feel any "rudeness" towards me. As to the mints/dealers...I was actually quite surprised by, let's say politely, "not very friendly" attitude from several German dealers, not very well known internationally, but actually well-established in Germany. When they "see" someone from another country and maybe not speaking German, there is sometimes quite "unexpected" reaction. That's not common, but happens. At the same time, most of the dealers are client and business-oriented, as it's supposed to be, I'd say. In fact, the best dealer is the one you usually don't need customer support from. For me such are Auragentum from Germany and MetalMarket from Poland.

9 hours ago, NGMD said:

Just looking at my comment it has come across a little rude to you, that was not my intention. I guess I am a little frustrated that Geiger are very narrow minded considering other EU Mints like Germania and Carpathian enjoy a solid collector database in the UK. I tried really hard to buy from them considering they blamed Brexit and directed me to the US and E-Bay🤪.Businesses work around arrogant political interruptions.

My hope is that new EU dealers in the UK like Tavex start selling Premium products from these Mints considering they are predominately European based.

Perth Mint and Germania are so much better products and well worth the extra paperwork and duties importing.

It seems pretty common in Germany, they are yet to understand the basics of customer service. Generally speaking I have major problems learning languages, its not my thing as my brain works in a logic and mathematical way, when it comes to languages and reading music I really suffer and I make clear before hand that my ability to speak german in Germany is abysmal, as much as I try and its nor just limited to German but also English my own language. So it often ends with them shouting at me so I just shout back at then and just never go back for their own impertinence.

Beyond this, the last coin dealer I was at that sold any kind of coin was really dismissive of ngc or pcgs graded coins, to me grades are that significant but slabbing them to protect them from my child was as sorting through my coins meant she would watch, touch and was trying to open capsules with sovereigns and some silver proof coin capsules were opened and coins ended on the floor. Needless to say that is the point I tried to out across to the coin shop owner who then dismissed solely because they were British and he didn't like british coins due to brexit and they were all in his bargain basket and some really nice coins purely because they were ngc graded.

He then tried to pass off some coins that were silver but from some Lesser known mint with a premium that was way beyond reality. So I got some basic silver eagles for the stack, and a 1951 proof like Festival of Britain Crown which graded really nicely and some sold it for more than the €5 plus grading fee I paid for them.

As for bullion, I keep to some trusted dealers and buy online but even then payment is never easy as alot of places refuse card payments and it has to be a bank transfer direct. While BBP has slightly higher premiums than alot of bullion dealers here, I'm glad they opened up a distribution centre in mainland Europe that means I can buy the bullion and no longer worry about the import fees and taxes that would have been levied that the zoll was putting on the coins when brexit initially happened. 

It's a real shame though, voters either chose to vote leave or stay, but people in Europe have taken the hump more so and choose to act like this....at least its a bonus that I can go to a coin shop, ignore the seller if he gets in a huff and can get some bargains because of some prejudice. 

19 minutes ago, tpcob303 said:

It seems pretty common in Germany, they are yet to understand the basics of customer service. Generally speaking I have major problems learning languages, its not my thing as my brain works in a logic and mathematical way, when it comes to languages and reading music I really suffer and I make clear before hand that my ability to speak german in Germany is abysmal, as much as I try and its nor just limited to German but also English my own language. So it often ends with them shouting at me so I just shout back at then and just never go back for their own impertinence.

Beyond this, the last coin dealer I was at that sold any kind of coin was really dismissive of ngc or pcgs graded coins, to me grades are that significant but slabbing them to protect them from my child was as sorting through my coins meant she would watch, touch and was trying to open capsules with sovereigns and some silver proof coin capsules were opened and coins ended on the floor. Needless to say that is the point I tried to out across to the coin shop owner who then dismissed solely because they were British and he didn't like british coins due to brexit and they were all in his bargain basket and some really nice coins purely because they were ngc graded.

He then tried to pass off some coins that were silver but from some Lesser known mint with a premium that was way beyond reality. So I got some basic silver eagles for the stack, and a 1951 proof like Festival of Britain Crown which graded really nicely and some sold it for more than the €5 plus grading fee I paid for them.

As for bullion, I keep to some trusted dealers and buy online but even then payment is never easy as alot of places refuse card payments and it has to be a bank transfer direct. While BBP has slightly higher premiums than alot of bullion dealers here, I'm glad they opened up a distribution centre in mainland Europe that means I can buy the bullion and no longer worry about the import fees and taxes that would have been levied that the zoll was putting on the coins when brexit initially happened. 

It's a real shame though, voters either chose to vote leave or stay, but people in Europe have taken the hump more so and choose to act like this....at least its a bonus that I can go to a coin shop, ignore the seller if he gets in a huff and can get some bargains because of some prejudice. 

That was exactly the type of response I got with Geiger. They’ll sell to most places except the UK (considering we are big buyers), told me to go to APMEX US or EBay. Very dismissive and curt in their responses. I even offered to have a courier pick up from them and they were ‘No’- Brexit. Their site is also in English/German🤪 I would agree they are very xenophobic and I do not ever throw that term about lightly.

Germania Mint on the other hand, has a completely different approach and produce some stunning coins. My favourite easily and worth a premium.

Childish behaviour because I deal professionally across Europe and we work together.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

6 minutes ago, NGMD said:

Germania Mint on the other hand, has a completely different approach

Germania Mint, as you probably know, is a Polish company. ;) I think, as one of the reasons, the Germany's domestic precious metals market is so huge that it makes some dealers not really interested in selling to non-German (speaking ;)) customers. What anyway doesn't excuse the attitude towards a (potential) customer.

2 hours ago, ak74 said:

For those interested - according to information from a reputable German dealer, the mintage of 1/4oz gold Coronation is 20k

https://auragentum.de/1/4-unze-goldmuenze-the-coronation-of-his-majesty---king-charles-2023?c=232

Does anyone know why this is only availiable at BBP in the UK?

not even from the mint !

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

8 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

not even from the mint !

Nobody really knows, much, not even BBP. Royal Mint have confirmed they're not selling them, they were just offering them to their wholesale partners. In the UK it seems like only BBP accepted the offer and bought some. Lukily for them they ended up with a UK exclusive coin by accident.

8 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

not even from the mint !

Why, the reason they said its not available was that they themselves stated it was for wholesale customers only. So even though they make it, it was only available for dealers like BBP to buy in bulk to sell on. As for why only BBP had it for sale in UK and note Atkinsons, I don't know why. Maybe they felt they couldn't shift the stock, maybe they weren't offered them to buy and sell. With some German dealers selling them, but large bullion dealers in America like APMeX or SD Bullion I couldn't see them either. While not totally exclusive to BBP they do sell in USA, UK and EU through their distribution offices in each area, and as we are mere mortals the RM won't tell us why it is most places aren't selling them.

The 1/4 cypher could end up being a silent killer, or not. Anyone's guess

There may not be more made as it fell flat when offered to dealers. I see the max mintage is 20k but there certainly isn't that many around right now. That just means they will strike as ordered up until a total of 20k.

Right now there is less than 1k and whether or not they will be re-released to dealers is unclear. But probably not

I've asked dealers if they expect to get them in and they all say no.

Will BBP buy more? Can they buy more? Dunno

Certainly one to keep an eye on

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

7 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

There may not be more made as it fell flat when offered to dealers. I see the max mintage is 20k but there certainly isn't that many around right now. That just means they will strike as ordered up until a total of 20k.

Right now there is less than 1k and whether or not they will be re-released to dealers is unclear. But probably not

For bullion, the premium is insane - 15%. Even if the coin becomes somewhat of a rarity, it might be hard to recoup money spent 

Trouble is £20 more than a 1/4 Brit

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

13 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

coininvest has 468 coins

1 minute ago, asl said:

For bullion, the premium is insane - 15%. Even if the coin becomes somewhat of a rarity, it might be hard to recoup money spent 

Yep, I only bought 1 as a bit of a curiosity incase it does become rare. I don't plan on selling it on

The ounces I'll shift eventually, but it's nice to keep a small token from this era and the 1/4 oz is the perfect size, I love it. Size of a sov but with awesome detail

Just now, Earthmetal said:

Trouble is £20 more than a 1/4 Brit

Mintage is lower than a quarter brit though. Did they do a 1/4oz coronation britannia? I'm having difficulty seeing if such a coin exists, as for regular 1/4oz britannia it's a bullion coin and there will be so many coins struck that the premium will be very low as there is no mintage limit. 

10 minutes ago, asl said:

For bullion, the premium is insane - 15%

In Germany they are being sold for the same price as others 1/4, e.g. Maple Leaf.

6 minutes ago, tpcob303 said:

Did they do a 1/4oz coronation britannia?

No

And yet having seen the cipher design, a 1/4 was my first choice, then checked Atkinsons, Chards and even the royal mint only to find it didn't exist. If it hadn't been for a BYB youtube video it would have been a total secret. Just seems a very strange way to run a business.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

12 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

Yep, I only bought 1 as a bit of a curiosity incase it does become rare. I don't plan on selling it on

The ounces I'll shift eventually, but it's nice to keep a small token from this era and the 1/4 oz is the perfect size, I love it. Size of a sov but with awesome detail

That could be exactly the reason, why (if) the RM doesn't release 1/4 to other UK dealers yet, so to avoid that customers just buy 1/4 and that's all. Maybe the RM wants to sell 1oz out first, and then widely release 1/4

1 minute ago, ak74 said:

That could be exactly the reason, why (if) the RM doesn't release 1/4 to other UK dealers yet, so to avoid that customers just buy 1/4 and that's all. Maybe the RM wants to sell 1oz out first, and then widely release 1/4

Nah I think it just fell flat when offered to dealers, perhaps they were asking too much money for them and the profit margin wasn't there.

Now it's been offered as a dealer exclusive, royal mint can't just start selling them. Has to be dealers only but no one wants them